Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Post apocalypse

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    Not quite as free and easy as you suggest:-

https://www.government.is/government/covid-19/#actions
    Bro, most of this information is archival from 2020.
    Please do your research more carefully.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Bro, most of this information is archival from 2020.
    Please do your research more carefully.
    So it is, really didn't look that closely.

This is better:-

https://www.covid.is/data

https://www.covid.is/english Some interesting stuff on this page.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I suggest people do some research on what's happening in Israel, if you think 70 or 80% vaccinated will set you free, I've got bad news for you...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    I suggest people do some research on what's happening in Israel, if you think 70 or 80% vaccinated will set you free, I've got bad news for you...
    Especially when its now time for a booster...

Worse than a flu shot, which is yearly, the covid will become either 6 or 8/9 monthly.

Welcome to the new world order folks !!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Especially when its now time for a booster...

Worse than a flu shot, which is yearly, the covid will become either 6 or 8/9 monthly.

Welcome to the new world order folks !!
    Israeli scientists find Pfizer around 39% effective against delta strain.. Denmark is the country to move too, removing all covid restrictions and there will be no vaccine passport...

Banned
    Israeli scientists find Pfizer around 39% effective against delta strain.. Denmark is the country to move too, removing all covid restrictions and there will be no vaccine passport...
    https://en.coronasmitte.dk/corona-passport

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Blah blah you gooses check the death rates of vaccinated angainst unvaccinated there is absolutely no comparison. Covid is a disease which we will be living with. The risk will be yours to asses not the government. It will be your responsibility. The population has to move on regardless get used to it. Have a shot dont have a shot who cares, but normal living will be geared towords the vacinated get used to it. Whinge and whine and throw up as many facebook facts as you want. The world is putting their faith in vaccines anti vaxers and all others who wish to resist will be in the minority for i dont know maybe the next ten years or forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kungflu20 View Post
    Have a strong case of blue balls, first forum post - though a lurker.

Whats everyones' guess on the opening date for massage parlours and FS?
    October 18. Put it in your calendar

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgyboy View Post
    Blah blah you gooses check the death rates of vaccinated angainst unvaccinated there is absolutely no comparison. Covid is a disease which we will be living with. The risk will be yours to asses not the government. It will be your responsibility. The population has to move on regardless get used to it. Have a shot dont have a shot who cares, but normal living will be geared towords the vacinated get used to it. Whinge and whine and throw up as many facebook facts as you want. The world is putting their faith in vaccines anti vaxers and all others who wish to resist will be in the minority for i dont know maybe the next ten years or forever.
    I'm just worried about kids bro. I have a young kid that is too young to get vaccinated, another one is a bit closer but still below the age that they are looking at allowing to get vaccinated.
    And given that being vaccinated doesn't really prevent me from carrying the virus and giving it to someone who is not vaccinated... I really dread this move by the Gov which I know is going to be unavoidable.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    You keep changing the dates rooter lol. FS and rnt won't open on that date. The Government is working on a plan for fully vaccinated staff and patrons to open pubs and restaurants etc. with strict criteria.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Going to be alot of disappointed people when vaccine rates reach 70%..

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Do you think state governments here will do the same.. If you do you have rocks in your head..

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/w...l-disease.html

Mr. Heunicke said that as of Sept. 10, the country would phase out the last of its “important restrictions,” including having to show coronavirus passes at nightclubs and sporting events, according to Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper.

Going to be alot of disappointed people when vaccine rates reach 70%..
    Yeah, I agree. The 70% doesn't mean much at all.
    You have to get to 80% and preferably 90% for the vaccine to have major impact.
    And another thing is that this 70% figure they always refer to to is not 70% of the total population, it is 70% of the population eligible for vaccine which totally ignores people under 16 yo. So they totally ignore around 5 million people in their figures.
    So even when you get to 70% of the population eligible for vaccine vaccinated, that is actually only around 55% of the total population, which is nowhere near enough.
    To get to 70% and then 80% and then 90% of the total population will take many more months, and eventually if you are serious about vaccination you will have to vaccinate kids.
    Kids are not a different species, they get infected too, and they spread infection. The coronavirus was initially not very infectious among kids, but this Delta variation is more so, and it is possible and maybe even likely that you will get other mutations that are even more infectious among kids.
    When we get to 70% the politicians will tell us how wonderful they are, and what a great job they have done, but you have to look at the fine print as to what this 70% figure actually means; not much at all.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This crisis is poorly managed by our gov: they say the way out is vax but yet after 2 months of lockdown the youngsters can just start getting their pfizer shots?! Why wait for so long? Just to mention one thing.

Getting 80% of the population vaccinated will take a long time and I'm afraid this will intensify the vaccinated vs unvaccinated fight.

Shouldn't we also try to invest in hospital and open more ICU in the meanwhile (maybe, and I hope, it's the case)?

Anyway we can have a look at what's happening in the developed country of the North hemisphere: we are having their winter and we might have their summer. But then how will look their coming winter (December)? I don't think anybody knows yet...

Banned
    Do you think state governments here will do the same.. If you do you have rocks in your head..

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/w...l-disease.html

Mr. Heunicke said that as of Sept. 10, the country would phase out the last of its “important restrictions,” including having to show coronavirus passes at nightclubs and sporting events, according to Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper.
    I can't read Danish, don't use Twitter and Translate is cumbersome so will have to take NYT as read.

If they do drop everything that'll be the ideal result but the likelihood of our govt doing the same will be remote which I think, is what you said. If our govt doesn't go down the same path then the question arises, why not?

Anybody care to speculate?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I can't read Danish, don't use Twitter and Translate is cumbersome so will have to take NYT as read.

If they do drop everything that'll be the ideal result but the likelihood of our govt doing the same will be remote which I think, is what you said. If our govt doesn't go down the same path then the question arises, why not?

Anybody care to speculate?
    I'll speculate, to get re-elected , just look at the results of the WA and QLD state elections, closed borders to keep people safe. They won in a landslide..

Banned
    This is the Danish Health site :-

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...ics-and-charts

The third chart is interesting. The number of first time daily tests compared to total tests are around 2.85% This data point isn't reported here so it makes me wonder if our daily test rates are not what the govt like to make out!

It also shows around a 1000 cases a day with deaths of 1-3. Hospitalisations are around 126 with 19 in ICU and 8 on ventilators. All these figure are qualified in the footnotes.

Their population is a fifth of ours so adjusted for that gives us a long way to go but it almost looks like they're dealing with a different virus! I also think that there is a high take up of govt services using direct connection by apps so it could be the trust level of the Danes is much higher than here. Our politicians could learn a lot from them.

Thanks dannyboy for the sign post.

Banned
    I'll speculate, to get re-elected , just look at the results of the WA and QLD state elections, closed borders to keep people safe. They won in a landslide..
    That seems to be a valid reason. Keeping people safe is politically expedient but there's a limit. Long Bay keeps people safe (????) but I wouldn't wanna live there

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I reckon the virus will keep mutating until a "balance" is achieved. That balance is when the human host can get the virus and will not die from it. I reckon contrary to what most people think this virus is not out to "get us", it too wants to survive. If it can live on in humans and not cause the host to die, that is the ultimate evolution for it. I hope and pray that eventually it will reach this stage and life can go on living with it as another part of life!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I bloody hope you are right, Gladys seems to have pivotted again this morning trying to downplay expectations on what will open up at 70% of eligible fully vaxxed. And given her ridiculous announcement of "privileges" for hitting 6mil doses, not sure what to expect.

And then there's also talk of getting kids vaxxed which aren't in the eligible, but if they get included our light at the end of the tunnel gets pushed back

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast