Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the parlour owner liable if you contract Corvid?

Banned

Is the parlour owner liable if you contract Corvid?

I have an off-the-cuff discussion with two lawyer friends about whether a parlour owner would be legally liable if a client contracts Delta through his unvaccinated girl.

None of them wants to be definite about it as it's a very new scenario.

It would be an iffy case remotely similar to if you have food poisoning after eating in a restaurant but the evidence is more difficult to prove.

They walked away saying, "We need to study it."

No one has been charged for transmitting the virus, people are charged for breaking public health orders, not for infecting others…
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Would it be any different to getting an STI off a girl?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How would it be different to any other close contact business that's allowed to reopen as long as all staff are vacinnated? Like hair salon or nail salon.
    If the girl is vaccinated then that's just your bad luck. If the business allows the girl to work without confirming that she is vaccinated, then they would be liable. Much like checking the girls have an appropriate work visa i would imagine.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's not illegal to be unvaccinated so I can't see that anyone would win trying to claim against an unvaccinated person or their employer.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Such a case would surely fail on all causality tests. There are so many unprovable factors here: who had it first, who knew they had it first, what does vaccination do in regards to virus transmission, etc.

In fact, I think the girl and shop would have a strong case to sue the customer for potentially putting their unvaccinated staff in peril. The picture is, here's a shop going about their business, then along comes a customer who actively brought the virus into their bubble. The passive side usually wins such an argument.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Liable for what?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The vaccinated person can still carries the virus and pass on to another person unknowingly so the proving it is hard. But if a person is knowingly know have the virus then is a different matter just like having HIV then you gave a case.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Such a case would surely fail on all causality tests. There are so many unprovable factors here: who had it first, who knew they had it first, what does vaccination do in regards to virus transmission, etc.

In fact, I think the girl and shop would have a strong case to sue the customer for potentially putting their unvaccinated staff in peril. The picture is, here's a shop going about their business, then along comes a customer who actively brought the virus into their bubble. The passive side usually wins such an argument.
    Monsanto fukd over more than one canola farmer

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    It's not illegal to be unvaccinated so I can't see that anyone would win trying to claim against an unvaccinated person or their employer.
    Not illegal, but restrictions can be placed on people who are not.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Not illegal, but restrictions can be placed on people who are not.
    It's happening in Qantas, this is from a friend who works there.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...inst-covid-19/

Frontline employees – including cabin crew, pilots and airport workers – will need to be fully vaccinated by 15 November 2021 and the remainder of employees by 31 March 2022. There will be exemptions for those who are unable for documented medical reasons to be vaccinated, which is expected to be very rare.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Banned
    So, can the govt claim the cost of the current outbreak from Fedex, employers of the crew who are thought to have transmitted the first case of Delta to limo man?

Didn't they have a duty of care to ensure their crew were tested and vaccinated before flying?

Good luck with that!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    We should launch a class action on behalf of all punters who have suffered blue balls due to lockdowns imposed as a result of the negligence of Federal and State Governments.
    Slater and Gordon will take on the case for us for sure.
    They will do it pro bono - or pro boner in our case.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    So, can the govt claim the cost of the current outbreak from Fedex, employers of the crew who are thought to have transmitted the first case of Delta to limo man?

Didn't they have a duty of care to ensure their crew were tested and vaccinated before flying?

Good luck with that!
    I would say, only of there is some specific regulation mandating it. It would still be the responsibility of our border controls to enforce restrictions.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    We should launch a class action on behalf of all punters who have suffered blue balls due to lockdowns imposed as a result of the negligence of Federal and State Governments.
    Slater and Gordon will take on the case for us for sure.
    They will do it pro bono - or pro boner in our case.
    A bit cringey of a punchline bro...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    A bit cringey of a punchline bro...
    I am sure it was meant in jest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    IANAL so not going to speculate, but since the pandemic began has there been a case where someone sued someone else for giving them COVID?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    It's happening in Qantas, this is from a friend who works there.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...inst-covid-19/

Frontline employees – including cabin crew, pilots and airport workers – will need to be fully vaccinated by 15 November 2021 and the remainder of employees by 31 March 2022. There will be exemptions for those who are unable for documented medical reasons to be vaccinated, which is expected to be very rare.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
    Not just quantas it's happening everywhere our work got told this week unless vaxed have to get rapid test a few times a week before entering work place and I heard a whisper that workers possibly have to pay for test .Vax is not mandatory but they are tightening the screws and making life difficult without it

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post
    IANAL so not going to speculate, but since the pandemic began has there been a case where someone sued someone else for giving them COVID?
    With the virus being so rampant, it might be hard to prove that any one particular person passed it on, even if they tested positive.

Places like nursing homes could be a target if it could be proved they were negligent in not containing it.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Isn't this question a bit like ..

You decided to BBFS one of the girls who you paid extras too and you got a dose of something ?
    Is the shop owner liable ? Maybe if its a licensed brothel, but otherwise ?
    You gonna sue the shop owner ?
    (yeah I am sure you'll love the publicity as well)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast