Just tuned in to watch some Paralympics this evening and it struck me as a very odd competition. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people with disabilities. And where else in the world can you be as unpolitically correct as you need to be, in order to seriously and impartially discuss a topic, than on an adult oriented forum for whore mongering, no?

So what I'm getting at is I just don't get how the competition can even be remotely fair? It's not like every disabled person is born with the same disability, and therefore you can put all those in the same category and let them compete fairly against each other!

Case in point, I was watching the men's 100m backstroke final. In the lineup, there was a guy from China who had 1 arm, another guy from South Africa I think had 1 leg, another guy had a deformed arm, and others who looked like they had all 4 perfectly normal limbs intact. The winner was a British guy who had all 4 normal limbs and outwardly appeared to be just a regular bloke. Won it by a comfortable margin, and boy did he celebrate! I mean what the hell?? Do they qualify for this thing simply by saying they have a mental issue or something?

The women's final was an even bigger joke. I couldn't see a single contestant that had an obvious disability. Every single one of them had all their limbs intact... Which can only mean that they must've blown all the other contestants with real physical disabilities out of the water (sorry for pun) in the heats and semis!

This thing is nothing but a halfhearted attempt by the PC people trying to look like they're giving disabled people a shot, but they're actually mocking them by not putting any thought into the event!