Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The completely un-PC Paralympics threaad

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Pull your heads in, nobody was trying to put down any Paralympian. The opposite, I was calling out what looked like unfair competition by having people with apparently no disabilities to compete against those that really do.
    I dug a bit more and found this recent article from ABC that explains the classifications in more layman's terms. I guess they have thought about it, but it sure is complicated!:
    "What are the classifications for the Tokyo Paralympics? How do they work? - ABC News" https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100378012

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Pull your heads in, nobody was trying to put down any Paralympian. The opposite, I was calling out what looked like unfair competition by having people with apparently no disabilities to compete against those that really do.
    I dug a bit more and found this recent article from ABC that explains the classifications in more layman's terms. I guess they have thought about it, but it sure is complicated!:
    "What are the classifications for the Tokyo Paralympics? How do they work? - ABC News" https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100378012
    "This thing is nothing but a halfhearted attempt by the PC people trying to look like they're giving disabled people a shot, but they're actually mocking them by not putting any thought into the event!"

Perhaps doing the research on classifications before making the above statement would have been advisable?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    "This thing is nothing but a halfhearted attempt by the PC people trying to look like they're giving disabled people a shot, but they're actually mocking them by not putting any thought into the event!"

Perhaps doing the research on classifications before making the above statement would have been advisable?
    Yeah I'll take it on the chin, didn't do my research before posting, my bad.

Just got a little overly emotional when I saw the British guy who looked like he didn't have any disabilities beat everybody else so comfortably. When there were people with 1 arm or 1 leg in the field doing their utmost to get there. Just didn't seem fair to me that they put physically impaired people into the same field as mentally impaired but clearly physically fit people.
    BUT if the spirit is to compete and notto win the medal, my argument is moot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12