Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I allowed to travel more than 5km to pick up an office desk from IKEA?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by wachumba View Post
    Are you serious? The whole of Greater Sydney is under stay at home rules. The areas of concern just have stricter rules.
    No AL is just having a blue ball and still in blue sky dreaming of big titts.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    Don’t risk it. I even went over 5km like 5.5km just going to the chemist. I was about to sign the QR then i realised.

So if you driving and the copps may detect your plate no. which links to your licence and they know where you live. It’s a hefty fine, i know you really need it bad but it isn’t going to ruin your life. get it delivered i know it is time consuming. Let go of that ego, im sure you still have other tables to use temporary.
    I'm pretty sure going to the chemist is fine? That is definitely a valid reason to go out of your 5km radius, to get some medications that's not available within 5km of your home.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    I've been using the Wase app for over 5 years now and it's been accurate everytime.

You put in your destination, it gives you the route and let's you know if police were reported along that route. So you can select other route options without police.

If police turn up along the way, it gives you a warning about 500m before.

Much better than the police scanners back in the old days. Getting caught with one of those was a whole lot of trouble.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
    Yes definitely, Waze is surprisingly accurate in terms of reporting police on your route. I use it all the time, not that I am trying to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    I'm pretty sure going to the chemist is fine? That is definitely a valid reason to go out of your 5km radius, to get some medications that's not available within 5km of your home.
    This worked for me, I had a script and said it wasn't available near me but was told to go here.
    Just have your story straight and know where you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    Yes definitely, Waze is surprisingly accurate in terms of reporting police on your route. I use it all the time, not that I am trying to avoid them.
    For me it's always avoiding speeding fines. Waze is great for speed cameras plus mobile speed cameras reported as visible police.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    You would have to argue that an OfficeWorks desk is not the the equivalent of an Ikea desk. (Quality wise it probably won't be)
    Agree with you mate. All the desks in my home are from IKEA. After buying two office chairs from office works which did not last I refuse to buy furniture from them. My advice was to avoid getting fined and manage with a temporary one. After all we don’t think much spending $100-200 on a ML. The fine will hurt for much longer.

Taking about office chairs. If someone is interested you can look at this site. I bought 2 chairs in the last 3 years. The first one still looks great and comfortable.

Mydeal.com.au

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    This worked for me, I had a script and said it wasn't available near me but was told to go here.
    Just have your story straight and know where you're going.

You'll need to know where the late night chemists are located. Make sure you have the script with you, and make sure it is newly dated; it might be hard to convince the cop that a 3 or 4 day old one is suddenly "urgent".

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    You'll need to know where the late night chemists are located. Make sure you have the script with you, and make sure it is newly dated; it might be hard to convince the cop that a 3 or 4 day old one is suddenly "urgent".
    An older script with 5 repeats is even better.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Taxi service is still available?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Anyone know if a person is allowed to for job interview in LGA’s area or not? Much appreciate

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    Anyone know if a person is allowed to for job interview in LGA’s area or not? Much appreciate
    You can attend an interview or assessment for work which cannot take place at your home. I would get a letter from the prospective employer backing up that you have a face to face interview.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    You can attend an interview or assessment for work which cannot take place at your home. I would get a letter from the prospective employer backing up that you have a face to face interview.
    Thanks for your info

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I've been using the Wase app for over 5 years now and it's been accurate everytime.

You put in your destination, it gives you the route and let's you know if police were reported along that route. So you can select other route options without police.

If police turn up along the way, it gives you a warning about 500m before.

Much better than the police scanners back in the old days. Getting caught with one of those was a whole lot of trouble.

How does Waze notify you of police ?

It’s never done that for me when using it

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    Thanks for your info
    No worries. Good luck with the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by cumquat View Post
    How does Waze notify you of police ?

It’s never done that for me when using it
    I use it via Android Auto.

It flashes Police and the distance on the screen. Just like speed/red light cameras.

Maybe it's the version you're using?

I use it via Android Auto.

It flashes Police and the distance on the screen. Just like speed/red light cameras.
    Even the police can't hide from big data! 🤣🤣 Something is connected and something is seeing that connection!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    Even the police can't hide from big data! Something is connected and something is seeing that connection!
    Haha yeah
    Apparently WA Police were telling people not to use it but an app would be too hard to control.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    All depends on the cop, i would say its a reasonable excuse. They are mainly going after people who are making up reasons to just go out.

You need an item for work, its not available within the 5km you need to pickup there.
    Have your story ready and the pictures of what your getting. I doubt they will fine you for that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12