Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I allowed to travel more than 5km to pick up an office desk from IKEA?

Junior Member(有D料到)

Am I allowed to travel more than 5km to pick up an office desk from IKEA?

Evening gents,

I am in need of a new office desk as my current one broke. I live in the city and I was wondering if anybody knows if I am allowed to go to the Rhodes Ikea and click n collect an item? it's more than 5km away (15 to be exact).

I'm aware Tempe is much closer, but the item I'm after is sold out there. The wording from the government is pretty vague so I'm just wondering what other people think. Would this be considered to be "goods not reasonably available within 5km"?

Cheers!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    This have been ask many times. The answer is NO.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Get it delivered

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I was going to get it delivered, but I need it ASAP and I would have to wait until October 18th for it to be delivered. If I click n collect I could pick it up tomorrow, just looking at what my options are because it's hard to work with a broken desk.

edit: how do I delete a comment?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlows View Post
    Get it delivered

I was going to get it delivered, but I need it ASAP and I would have to wait until October 18th for it to be delivered. If I click n collect I could pick it up tomorrow, just looking at what my options are because it's hard to work with a broken desk.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Don't rely on the bush lawyers here. Anything they tell you today could
    be changed tomorrow.
    Call the official info line 13 77 88 and ask them.

If you can't go, maybe one of the courier companies could do it for you, even Uber.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    be changed tomorrow.

If you can't go, maybe one of the courier companies could do it for you, even Uber.
    Cheers aussie, will try to give them a call tomorrow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    be changed tomorrow.

If you could explain to the police that the lack of the office desk would adversely affect your sex life, he may be understanding enough to wave you away.

Compassionate health grounds are always the corner of NSW Corvid shutdown. Hence you also have the single bubbles.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post

You can always try you luck and hope Gladys bounce don't get you and give you a fine.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar

I think the rule has always been, if you can prove that what you need cannot be bought within 5km radius from where you live or delivered, then you have a strong case to go get it from further afield.
    In your case, what you need is an office desk. You can probably get that from Officeworks in the City. Or have it delivered earlier if you buy it from another shop. Going to be hard to justify breaking the 5km rule for a specific brand of furniture.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    And to delete a comment, just delete the comment text and put dots to fill the minimum character limit for a post. You can't remove the post, all you can do is remove the contents.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If you go to the nsw gov site and check the Reasonable excuse to leave home.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rule...-to-leave-home

It says “ the goods and services must be obtained within the local government area where you live, or within 5km of where you live, but not in an area of concern; unless the goods or services, or their equivalent, are not reasonably available within the local government area where you live, or within 5km of where you live.”

It seems depending on the cop who stops you he may or may not accept reasonable excuse.

I also need to buy few things from IKEA. I would get them delivered to my home.

The CBD is not under stay at home order and there are several Officeworks stores you should be able to pick up a desk ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Evening gents,

I am in need of a new office desk as my current one broke. I live in the city and I was wondering if anybody knows if I am allowed to go to the Rhodes Ikea and click n collect an item? it's more than 5km away (15 to be exact).

I'm aware Tempe is much closer, but the item I'm after is sold out there. The wording from the government is pretty vague so I'm just wondering what other people think. Would this be considered to be "goods not reasonably available within 5km"?

Cheers!
    I noticed today that there seems to be an IKEA outlet next to the ABC HQ at 702 Harris street Ultimo...maybe you can get your stuff delivered there and then pick it up.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    The CBD is not under stay at home order and there are several Officeworks stores you should be able to pick up a desk ?
    Officeworks desks are really bad, especially considering the price.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    UPDATE:

I ended up doing a half/half.

I got my desk legs delivered, scheduled for next week.
    and got the table top picked up at Tempe tomorrow.

Cheers!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Are you serious? The whole of Greater Sydney is under stay at home rules. The areas of concern just have stricter rules.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnisfun1969 View Post
    If you go to the nsw gov site and check the Reasonable excuse to leave home.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rule...-to-leave-home

It says “ the goods and services must be obtained within the local government area where you live, or within 5km of where you live, but not in an area of concern; unless the goods or services, or their equivalent, are not reasonably available within the local government area where you live, or within 5km of where you live.”

It seems depending on the cop who stops you he may or may not accept reasonable excuse.

I also need to buy few things from IKEA. I would get them delivered to my home.
    You would have to argue that an OfficeWorks desk is not the the equivalent of an Ikea desk. (Quality wise it probably won't be)

I've been using the Wase app for over 5 years now and it's been accurate everytime.

You put in your destination, it gives you the route and let's you know if police were reported along that route. So you can select other route options without police.

If police turn up along the way, it gives you a warning about 500m before.

Much better than the police scanners back in the old days. Getting caught with one of those was a whole lot of trouble.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Don’t risk it. I even went over 5km like 5.5km just going to the chemist. I was about to sign the QR then i realised.

So if you driving and the copps may detect your plate no. which links to your licence and they know where you live. It’s a hefty fine, i know you really need it bad but it isn’t going to ruin your life. get it delivered i know it is time consuming. Let go of that ego, im sure you still have other tables to use temporary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast