Quote Originally Posted by Carissawhore View Post
No wonders people call it politics when they try to manipulate you, Covid is first of its kind in the modern times and the whole world was not prepared for pandemic, yes Mr Scomo ran to Hawai during fires and yes Gladys changes every second, you have to understand these guys are people just like you and me and being public figure they are giving us advice based out of so called dumb fuck advisors or dumb scientists they have hired. It is not their fault, we have major issue with hiring process, government tent to hire dumb fuck old people, look at USA they have so called President who does not what he is doing and probably wears man diapers. I have worked in government organisations and they tend to hire old gooses in top position and they always take wrong decisions. We should always have age and eduction/IQ limit for certain top positions, but unfortunately we don't have that for leader position and leaders are born based out of politics hence our world is crumbling down. This is just my 10 cents on current world don't mean to offend anyone.
Bro, I have to agree with some of what you said. I do NOT agree with the age discrimination... Some old people are treasure troves of experience yet still have full control over their mental abilities. That combination is actually needed in certain roles.

But yeah, I agree that there is a serious problem with the hiring process right across all industries and it does not only affect Government. Big corporations with many layers of management have the same problem. The hiring is seldom based on pure ability or intelligence, but more about interpersonal connections, politics, cronyism, and personal benefit all along the management chain of command. I work in one of them and I can tell you, only about 3-4/10 people in managerial positions truly deserve their roles. All the others are a bunch of fake-it-til-you-make-it misfits. I've been in meetings where I all the "participants" were the same inept types and I just decided to switch off and take a back seat. What transpires is a circus... the blind leading the blind.

I probably shouldn't bag these people too much because the nature of my type of work thrives on having these idiots around, lol!