Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When will the govt realise they can't beat COVID

Banned
    Be careful of what you wish for.

After today's press briefing it now becomes clear that Public Health, in particular KC, are now in charge of the day to day movements of every citizen. The promise to shut down local towns, LGA's, suburbs and even businesses being dependant on case numbers. The only way this can happen is by constant surveillance, by QR check in's and forced testing of the population.

Today she said in response to a question "as an epidemiologist......". I can't find any reference to that qualification on her (sketchy) bio. The tendency to this claim and a "dream" she has (according to one reporter she pushed for 85% threshold before opening, she didn't answer the question) gives a disturbing insight into the reality of her mindset. In fact, trying to locate any information on her qualifications isn't easy, one govt web page that may have had some information is blocked.

“As we take the edge off the severity of Covid we will need to figure out what public health measures we’ll need in place,” she said. It sounds like she has a job for life quoted from the following link - https://www.theguardian.com/australi...outbreak-grows

Nice to know that our lives are now being regulated ("years into the future" she quotes) by an unelected, possibly unqualified, public servant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    She has been saying that for weeks. I can't see a problem as it is freedom of choice of if you get jabbed or not.
    Denying people the ability to partake in daily life is hardly freedom of choice. Apparently it's now "ok" to ask people for their vaccination status in order to decide whether to associate with them:-

"I know I wouldn't want to be in a room with an unvaccinated person" quoted GB at today's press briefing.

For someone that aspires to be re-elected to a leadership position that seeks to divide people based on pseudo "freedom of choice" and to actively enforce this ideology by bypassing the democratic process is disturbing.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    For someone that aspires to be re-elected to a leadership position that seeks to divide people based on pseudo "freedom of choice" and to actively enforce this ideology by bypassing the democratic process is disturbing.
    Dividing the population doesn't seem to be an issue for most politics these days. Then we will only blame the unvaccinated and not the ones responsible for this poor management of this pandemic: more than 2 months in lockdown for finally get a glimpse of a road map?! I'm not saying it's easy but clearly it could have been better.

But here in Australia we seem to accept the coming discrimination between vaccinated and unvaccinated. I can understand that after being locked for so long people are sick of it, don't care anymore and will accept whatever surveillance will be put in place as long as they can eat their burger or have a beer outside. This could be dangerous, for how long are we going to scan a QR code and show our vaccine passport? Nobody knows...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Denying people the ability to partake in daily life is hardly freedom of choice. Apparently it's now "ok" to ask people for their vaccination status in order to decide whether to associate with them:-

"I know I wouldn't want to be in a room with an unvaccinated person" quoted GB at today's press briefing.

I wonder wether she'll want unvaccinated people voting come election time, 20-30% could sway the results..

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    I wonder wether she'll want unvaccinated people voting come election time, 20-30% could sway the results..
    Maybe she is thinking of not running for the next election. Then the other 70 to 80% vaccinated people maybe voting for her. She done the calculation.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

After today's press briefing it now becomes clear that Public Health, in particular KC, are now in charge of the day to day movements of every citizen. The promise to shut down local towns, LGA's, suburbs and even businesses being dependant on case numbers. The only way this can happen is by constant surveillance, by QR check in's and forced testing of the population.

Today she said in response to a question "as an epidemiologist......". I can't find any reference to that qualification on her (sketchy) bio. The tendency to this claim and a "dream" she has (according to one reporter she pushed for 85% threshold before opening, she didn't answer the question) gives a disturbing insight into the reality of her mindset. In fact, trying to locate any information on her qualifications isn't easy, one govt web page that may have had some information is blocked.

“As we take the edge off the severity of Covid we will need to figure out what public health measures we’ll need in place,” she said. It sounds like she has a job for life quoted from the following link - https://www.theguardian.com/australi...outbreak-grows

Nice to know that our lives are now being regulated ("years into the future" she quotes) by an unelected, possibly unqualified, public servant.
    You can always vote the government out if not happy. The government can change the PHO in NSW parliament if not happy. In a democracy public opinions and votes in elections is the cornerstone. Laws and regulations are pass or overture by parliament

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Maybe she is thinking of not running for the next election. Then the other 70 to 80% vaccinated people maybe voting for her. She done the calculation.
    She couldn't get 70% of votes, you're kidding, Liberal party will lose next election in a landslide.. 😂😂
    So you're line of thinking is, the 70-80% of all vaccinated people are Liberal voters..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    You can always vote the government out if not happy. The government can change the PHO in NSW parliament if not happy. In a democracy public opinions and votes in elections is the cornerstone. Laws and regulations are pass or overture by parliament
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The same public servants will still be running the health show and keen to get any govt to follow the "health advice". The fact that some politicians have recognised the potential of PHO's and the technology that supports their application only complicates the situation. This will hold true for any political persuasion.

Take, for example, Morrison's statement "Australia is not a mandatory vaccination country", several times. He never affirmed the principle of freedom of choice. This omission opened the door for any business to remove freedom of choice arbitrarily using the excuse of "work safety". The weakening of this fundamental element of democracy will continue as it allows just about any citizen to discriminate by demanding that you not only have to reveal your health status but demand proof thereof.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Your entire life since the moment you were born has been regulated, this is hardly different

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Denying people the ability to partake in daily life is hardly freedom of choice.
    You have a choice, get vaxxed or don't. Each of these choices has privileges and drawbacks. If you're not comfortable with the consequences of your choice then maybe rethink it

99 Premium Member (特級會員)

What about this then. Vaccinated or unvaccinated we can all be free but if you're unvaccinated and you catch covid and you need to go to the hospital then pay out of your own pocket or how about you get prioritised below those that are vaccinated?

Sounds fair. The issue is the impact on hospital resources so it only makes sense the ones who demand the same amount of freedom yet do not respect the health of others gets prioritised lower than those that do.

Will that work for you buddy?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    these libertarians (left and right) are all me me me me like little children. They don't understand that with freedom comes responsibility, and that with rights come obligations.
    They need to get back to the basics and read Locke and Hobbes and Burke and Rousseau, and Bentham and Mill.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I understand where your coming from meng, And I'd probably agree with your comments but then would you prioritize non smokers over smokers, non drinkers over drinkers, people who haven't had stds over those that have? The list can go on for a lot of things.

It boils down to the fact that we're all taxpayers (well most of us anyway) and vaccinated or not we fund the health system.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    What about this then. Vaccinated or unvaccinated we can all be free but if you're unvaccinated and you catch covid and you need to go to the hospital then pay out of your own pocket or how about you get prioritised below those that are vaccinated?

Sounds fair. The issue is the impact on hospital resources so it only makes sense the ones who demand the same amount of freedom yet do not respect the health of others gets prioritised lower than those that do.

Will that work for you buddy?
    There's no certain evidence that being vaccinated will prevent infection and reduce transmission. You are just as likely to get covid anyway, in fact, it's almost an eventual certainty. Case rates in any countries are confirmation of this.

Under this realisation the notion that vaccination is done for "others" is completely false and just a use of language to coerce the public. It benefits no one that you are vaccinated except yourself. To think otherwise judges you to be extremely selfish and monumentally arrogant. To deny some one else's freedom of choice and to make decisions about their body, for whatever reason, is the height of hypocrisy.

I have heard, first hand, that many young women won't be vaccinated because of their perceived risk to their fertility. Regardless of the scientific evidence, who are you, or I, to determine they should be denied, by exclusion, that point of view.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

I don't have a problem with surveillance by a QR code as big brother knows exactly where I am most of the time. Gladys won't lead her Government to the next election, she step down and retire or be toppled by the treasurer..

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    There's no certain evidence that being vaccinated will prevent infection and reduce transmission. You are just as likely to get covid anyway, in fact, it's almost an eventual certainty. Case rates in any countries are confirmation of this.

Under this realisation the notion that vaccination is done for "others" is completely false and just a use of language to coerce the public. It benefits no one that you are vaccinated except yourself. To think otherwise judges you to be extremely selfish and monumentally arrogant. To deny some one else's freedom of choice and to make decisions about their body, for whatever reason, is the height of hypocrisy.

I have heard, first hand, that many young women won't be vaccinated because of their perceived risk to their fertility. Regardless of the scientific evidence, who are you, or I, to determine they should be denied, by exclusion, that point of view.
    Of course we will all get covid scoop, that has been mentioned for ages. It will just be another virus that we will get jabbed with every year like the flu

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Of course we will all get covid scoop, that has been mentioned for ages. It will just be another virus that we will get jabbed with every year like the flu
    It won't be like another virus because you can still get a coffee without having the flu jab and having to prove it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It won't be like another virus because you can still get a coffee without having the flu jab and having to prove it.
    But that requirement will wear off in time plus you can still make your own coffee. Once upon a time we had vaccine passports to travel overseas. No one complained then. Get over it and move on as both Labor and Libs support it. Only fight battles you can win.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Somebody tell that sucker to stop mixing his libertarian ideology with actual physical health problems.

Libertarian ideology = it's all in your head.

Virus that can kill healthy 30 something people in their homes = real physical danger.

You can think and argue til the cows come home, the virus don't give a shit if you're a libertarian or a vegetarian. You are just stupid to carry on with your ideologies at the risk of your own life.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Somebody tell that sucker to stop mixing his libertarian ideology with actual physical health problems.

Libertarian ideology = it's all in your head.

Virus that can kill healthy 30 something people in their homes = real physical danger.

You can think and argue til the cows come home, the virus don't give a shit if you're a libertarian or a vegetarian. You are just stupid to carry on with your ideologies at the risk of your own life.
    He is a lost cause I think.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast