Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were a betting man, what date would you put $50 on when shops will re-open?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Actually I admit I was wrong: massage parlors and brothels are included in the reopening plans under "Beauty and other services".
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...other-services

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by toilet33 View Post
    Imagine being traced after a cluster is identified..... *shudder*
    Yes, I do think in our excitement at the prospect of getting back in to it, some of us are forgetting this rather sobering possibility… I’d say the risk of it happening, while low, is probably higher than catching a STD while there.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by waifuman View Post
    with the rate of vaccinations, mid to late October I hope... I do miss a real massage... and the other kind
    i'm with you on both counts

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    Yes, I do think in our excitement at the prospect of getting back in to it, some of us are forgetting this rather sobering possibility… I’d say the risk of it happening, while low, is probably higher than catching a STD while there.
    I'm sure with the collective brain cells here on the forum and the common interest at hand, someone will come up with a solution that works.. or works around it.. Or everyone goes private and that just booms... ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post
    Actually I admit I was wrong: massage parlors and brothels are included in the reopening plans under "Beauty and other services".
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...other-services
    they tend to not like to be too public with them lol, its the black sheep industry

Senior Member(無間使者)
    So, just being realistic. Assuming they want to re-open, they will have to have a Covid Safe Plan. And every Covid Safe plan includes QR checkins or some form of digital registration.

Anyone else nervous?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by keebab View Post
    So, just being realistic. Assuming they want to re-open, they will have to have a Covid Safe Plan. And every Covid Safe plan includes QR checkins or some form of digital registration.

Anyone else nervous?
    I'd be more concerned about workers and their pimps having access to my identity: blackmail/extortion etc.

There's no risk of that with a QR check-in, the venue never handles your details directly.

Am I worried about the government knowing I see prostitutes? It's not an illegal activity, and they already basically know from my SSHC checks (although that's medical information so highly privileged).

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    The data does not go to the shop.
    The QR code just goes to Service NSW.
    The most you will have to do is show the shop green tick on your phone for 2 seconds.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I hope there isnt any double standards on the lga of concerns on the easing

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by keebab View Post

Anyone else nervous?
    I am actually. Imagine taking the phone call at home. 'Hello sir, as a close contact at shop x, you and your family now need to...'

Quelle horreur. I'd started my engines, ready for Oct 18.

Thinking it through, though, the risk is mitigated by you, the girl and all employees being vaxxed. Wear a mask. Drown your hands and hers in cleanser. The shop and the girls will be very conscious of infection control. Your chances are probably higher catching the train with some bozo.

Worst comes to worst, have the name of a retail shop close to the ML ready to go in your head for any awkward questions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toilet33 View Post
    Imagine being traced after a cluster is identified..... *shudder*
    It's unlikely that contact tracing will be done at that level. QR check in's are now being used for generating lists of people to go for testing. QR check in's have hardly ever resulted in cases. KC admitted that retail is a very low risk and "less than a handful" have been found. QR codes never worked at a macro level, 20 or so cases it worked fine, once it got past 50 it becomes useless.

It will be used for surveillance testing. If an area has a few cases they will generate lists from high value retail, supermarkets, malls etc. in order to capture 1) any stray cases (unlikely) 2) track unvaccinated people, the main goal.

The most that will happen is you'll have to go for a test, if found positive you will have to isolate. You could have got it from a hundred different places, no one will ever know as exposure sites are no longer published.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The data does not go to the shop.
    The QR code just goes to Service NSW.
    The most you will have to do is show the shop green tick on your phone for 2 seconds.
    The green tick will be attached to the QR code that you have to log in with

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Who has a spouse or partner in contact tracing?

They probably could look you up to see where you're going

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by DayMan69 View Post
    I am actually. Imagine taking the phone call at home. 'Hello sir, as a close contact at shop x, you and your family now need to...'

Quelle horreur. I'd started my engines, ready for Oct 18.

Thinking it through, though, the risk is mitigated by you, the girl and all employees being vaxxed. Wear a mask. Drown your hands and hers in cleanser. The shop and the girls will be very conscious of infection control. Your chances are probably higher catching the train with some bozo.

Worst comes to worst, have the name of a retail shop close to the ML ready to go in your head for any awkward questions.
    That is definitely a possibility. Anyone who has used the Service NSW App to check-in can see for yourself. The history of where you visited is listed. So both your family and Service NSW has that info for contact tracing in the event 1 guy out of the 100 guys on that day who visited the ML or WL is positive.

Hell even your partner can see if they launch the Service NSW app on your phone. So better keep the phone locked up.

My bet is on the private market growing exponentially once restrictions are eased.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Did anyone visit a shop (massage or fs) prior to this lockdown that was using the QR code check in.

Couple of places that I went to had a book where the client had to write their name, phone no. and time which obviously was being done to comply with regulations at the time. No checkups to verify that what was written in the book was the clients real name or number.

I'm thinking that after this lockdown licenced shops will have to comply and have QR code check ins. Will probably be a lot of spot checks to make sure businesses are doing the right thing.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    Did anyone visit a shop (massage or fs) prior to this lockdown that was using the QR code check in.

Couple of places that I went to had a book where the client had to write their name, phone no. and time which obviously was being done to comply with regulations at the time. No checkups to verify that what was written in the book was the clients real name or number.

I'm thinking that after this lockdown licenced shops will have to comply and have QR code check ins. Will probably be a lot of spot checks to make sure businesses are doing the right thing.
    Yeah a few shops were demanding we code sign in earlier in the year. I remember a couple in Chatswood. Can't remember where else.

25/10/21...though if I was a bookmaker I would be paying $1.50 right now for that date. No value for my 50 bucks.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    That is definitely a possibility. Anyone who has used the Service NSW App to check-in can see for yourself. The history of where you visited is listed. So both your family and Service NSW has that info for contact tracing in the event 1 guy out of the 100 guys on that day who visited the ML or WL is positive.

Hell even your partner can see if they launch the Service NSW app on your phone. So better keep the phone locked up.

My bet is on the private market growing exponentially once restrictions are eased.
    Yeah I think the priv market will boom. Unfortunatley due to supply and demand, private prices have gone up significantly since COVID began.

Once more internationals and students are allowed back in, I hope the prices stabilise. Lot's of lazy private WLs charging a fortune for mediocre services at the moment.

Back in 2019 I could get a hot South American priv WL for $200-$250/hour. It's closer to $400/hour now.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Would you think ML ladies go private? Not sure if the private business model works for standard RNT workers?

Or could the shop owners moved away from traditional bricks and mortar shop fronts and go apartment style in more private settings??

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster18 View Post
    Would you think ML ladies go private? Not sure if the private business model works for standard RNT workers?

Or could the shop owners moved away from traditional bricks and mortar shop fronts and go apartment style in more private settings??
    I can see councils including apartment and the police even getting more calls about a consistent flow of strange men going into a private apartment or house and strange loud noises are constantly coming from it. Remember most of these ML or WL do not own the apartment or house, they rent. So it would be interesting to see what happens to the private market next

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast