Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were a betting man, what date would you put $50 on when shops will re-open?

Senior Member(無間使者)

If you were a betting man, what date would you put $50 on when shops will re-open?

Purely for fun and not to be included in any Gov policy debate or Vaccine conspiracies.. , if you were a betting man and the signs are there that we are heading for something resembling normality by Mid Oct, what date would you say we have shops re-opening.. ?

My 2 cents worth...

Nov 5th... Massage Shops providing Legit and Non Legit services... (Just after the Melbourne Cup)

Nov 29th ... Full service shops allowed..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I would say 15th December Galdys will free all restrictions cause that is close to Christmas to keep everyone happy, they are also opening international borders so it would be right timing

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Small one on one beauty services / hair cuts and the like may well be grouped together and free to operate earlier, I reckon I'd put my money on 3rd week in October (I'm an optimist, right!).

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    26-31st October, fingers crossed ahaha

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    21st October then as I like it but more reasonable are either 18th or 25th October

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Mid Nov- after 80% dose doses at least

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    21st October then as I like it but more reasonable are either 18th or 25th October
    with the rate of vaccinations, mid to late October I hope... I do miss a real massage... and the other kind

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Well if all school kids aren't back until Nov 8th then I'm tipping it will be after that.

Sexual services will be last on the list.
    November 15th my bet.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by waifuman View Post
    with the rate of vaccinations, mid to late October I hope... I do miss a real massage... and the other kind
    Agree. My ageing, aching body would love a nice massage. And the rest of me is missing the soft touch and warm caresses of an engaging beautiful young lady...

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    My money's on end of Oct if they can get the vaccination level up there. If we fail to do that, all bets are off.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Open for retail and hospitality open on 18 Oct. As per announcement

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I reckon they’ll find some way to fk things up and keep us in pain for longer

I’d bet late January, start of the new school term

Senior Member(無間使者)
    "Shops": I'd give two answers, one for massage, another for brothels/FS...

I'm calling early December for hospitality and health services like massage. It won't be the first thing to reopen, since the state government will try to drip feed back our freedoms as long as they can, because they know our inadequate public health system is going to be overwhelmed.

FS/brothels: remember in 2020 they almost didn't reopen (were somehow left out of the reopening schedule)? Apparently took some heavy back-room negotiation to get them to reopen at all (despite little or no actual evidence of sex work being a significant public health risk).

I'm going to be a pessimist and say they won't reopen, we're going to see the defacto re-illegalization of sex work using the pandemic and public health orders as the excuse. Don't underestimate the forces across the political spectrum -- from the religious right to the feminist left -- that see prostitution as a social scourge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post

I'm calling early December for hospitality and health services like massage. It won't be the first thing to reopen, since the state government will try to drip feed back our freedoms as long as they can, because they know our inadequate public health system is going to be overwhelmed.

FS/brothels: remember in 2020 they almost didn't reopen (were somehow left out of the reopening schedule)? Apparently took some heavy back-room negotiation to get them to reopen at all (despite little or no actual evidence of sex work being a significant public health risk).

I'm going to be a pessimist and say they won't reopen, we're going to see the defacto re-illegalization of sex work using the pandemic and public health orders as the excuse. Don't underestimate the forces across the political spectrum -- from the religious right to the feminist left -- that see prostitution as a social scourge.
    I've been thinking that for a while now. There could be quite a number of self-righteous public servants that haunt the back rooms that might like an opportunity to act out their control fetish.

Make no mistake, the desire to impose a "firm" hand on the public comes from public servants rather than politicians. They've been allowed the power to determine how we live on a day to day basis even though they are unelected and, up until last year, virtually anonymous. They won't let it go easily.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Plan is once 80% is vaxxed, can travel to regional nsw for your fix.

Expected end October

Junior Member(有D料到)
    My pineapples are on 18th October for all shops who are willing to actually use the NSW Covid safe QR code.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post

Wow, that’s long. Too bad, lot of us are waiting for its end to be back at that hobby

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoohBear View Post
    My pineapples are on 18th October for all shops who are willing to actually use the NSW Covid safe QR code.
    The announcement regarding 18th October has left out brothels and massage parlour (they have been mentioned in restrictions previously) which suggests they will be held back longer. I doubt they will be permanently shut down but they will be last cabs off the ranks I imagine, and so workers will need to be imaginative to get clients. In Rydalmere for example there is the hairdresser with massage rooms out the back. They could open the hairdresser and sneak clients out the back. Shops might start doing impromptu nail salons (a couple of tables if room permits), men get mani/pedis as well.
    Beautician seems to be left off the list also, so no waxing (and sneaky tug) as a front to be had there I don't think.

Once general lockdowns are lifted (70% double vaccs over 16yrs) then seeing privates will be much easier and little to no risks.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoohBear View Post
    Imagine being traced after a cluster is identified..... *shudder*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast