Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WeChat

WeChat

Interested in how people use WeChat. I have Chinese friends and work colleagues that we use with, but it is primarily to chat contact with MLs and WLs. There is clearly the social media presence happening but perhaps I don't get full benefit because I don't speak or read much Chinese?
    when your flow stays submerged in the fountain of youth

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    Interested in how people use WeChat. I have Chinese friends and work colleagues that we use with, but it is primarily to chat contact with MLs and WLs. There is clearly the social media presence happening but perhaps I don't get full benefit because I don't speak or read much Chinese?
    I first downloaded it for work few years ago, nowadays it's only to talk to the few friends I have in China and like you to see roster, contact with WL/ML. There is the moment function for "social media" and the location where apparently some people had luck booking up but around my area I never saw or had anyone.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    All i know of WeChat is ML and WL, although I mainly see the roster... i have yet to upgrade my WeChat experience with talking to ML and WL personally... who knows, maybe soon.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    WeChat is like WhatsApp or Facebook messenger for mainland China. Most western social media apps are blocked from inside china’s internet.

Most people that use wechat for social media (non ML/WL/Shop related posts) either lived in China at some stage or it to communicate with someone they know from China. It has pretty neat features like a QR code payment transfer system when linked to a bank account that can be used to pay for goods and services (like taxis). Think of it like “scan and go” instead of “tap and go”

A lot of my Chinese friends use it both here and in China so it's good with group chats as well. We just can't setup an account, we can accept red packets though.

Line for my Thai and Japanese friends.

WhatsApp for local work group and friends.

Talk for my Korean friends.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    A lot of my Chinese friends use it both here and in China so it's good with group chats as well. We just can't setup an account, we can accept red packets though.

And Telegram for crypto traders

99 Premium Member (特級會員)

Yeah my wechat is full of 2 distinct groups. Group 1, Chinese mums of kids friends.Funnily enough the dad's prefer WhatsApp...
    Group 2, Shops and girls.
    Line is for Japanese friends.
    WhatsApp all my Aussie and Indian friends seem to prefer.
    All my Korean mums use WhatsApp also. I had kakaotalk briefly but I found it really annoying because the Mums pinged all day every day.
    Signal I only use for a couple of close mates.
    I use Telegram for some people I know in Singapore who are anti-whatsapp.
    Too many bloody apps. Drives me crazy.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i head for the chinese its good cos it automatically translates and coverts text to english/chinese.
    i'm not really good at it and mainly only use it to make bookings

Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Yeah my wechat is full of 2 distinct groups. Group 1, Chinese mums of kids friends.Funnily enough the dad's prefer WhatsApp...
    Group 2, Shops and girls.
    Line is for Japanese friends.
    WhatsApp all my Aussie and Indian friends seem to prefer.
    All my Korean mums use WhatsApp also. I had kakaotalk briefly but I found it really annoying because the Mums pinged all day every day.
    Signal I only use for a couple of close mates.
    I use Telegram for some people I know in Singapore who are anti-whatsapp.
    Too many bloody apps. Drives me crazy.
    Yeah so many.

I still talk to my mum and some old mates on Viber.

I have Signal and Telegram but hardly use those.

Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    And Telegram for crypto traders
    I get so many crypto traders contacting me on Instagram, it's so annoying.

I get so many crypto traders contacting me on Instagram, it's so annoying.

My mobile number got out somewhere so I get WhatsApp, FB and WeChat all the time as well...not to mention 'stock analysts' 'gold analysts' etc etc.....

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    My mobile number got out somewhere so I get WhatsApp, FB and WeChat all the time as well...not to mention 'stock analysts' 'gold analysts' etc etc.....
    Oh fuck me Yes, so sick of supposed gorgeous çhinese girls who happen to be crypto traders or gold analysts etc who want to be my "friend." and discuss investments with me....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Oh fuck me Yes, so sick of supposed gorgeous çhinese girls who happen to be crypto traders or gold analysts etc who want to be my "friend." and discuss investments with me....
    Haha had one like that I played with. Wanted me to invest in a secret platform created by Novavax (pharma company) that only could be accessed via secret invite codes... A website that had broken english. played it dumb, made her believe I was ready to invest 100k USD until she finally got the hint that I was playing with her. She tried so hard for a week, even to the point to video call me every day to prove that she was the girl in the picture (to my surprise she really was and pretty).

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Anyone uses WeChat know if we can block a particular person but still can keep the chat history? As when I block a person, my chat history would disappear as well but sometimes I want to keep the info from the chat.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Anyone uses WeChat know if we can block a particular person but still can keep the chat history? As when I block a person, my chat history would disappear as well but sometimes I want to keep the info from the chat.
    Just screenshot the chat??

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    Just screenshot the chat??
    Yeah was going to say that. Once you block they're wiped from your chat history.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I think you can connect to computer and backup chat history

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yeah was going to say that. Once you block they're wiped from your chat history.
    Would be too many of them so screenshot is not very good for me. I want to store in my phone, as computer is not convenient much for me

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Would be too many of them so screenshot is not very good for me. I want to store in my phone, as computer is not convenient much for me
    Yeah that is a pickle.
    It might be time consuming but could you copy and paste the info you want to keep to a note on your phone, or again is there too much info for that to be viable?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I got weChat when I started visiting Bunny House; also got 2 other chinese ML on it and a few parlours - nothing else.

I'll keep it to advance a few more ML/WL contacts but I dont have many

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast