Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With the roadmap unveiled today, would massage shops be considered under retail?

Junior Member(有D料到)

With the roadmap unveiled today, would massage shops be considered under retail?

I was reading the roadmap unveiled today here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-release...lly-vaccinated

It mentioned some specific stores like barbers, gyms, hospitalities and retail stores, but it doesn't say anything about massage shops? Do you think that they are part of this roadmap?

Just a disclaimer, I think I am going to wait a bit before I go back to shops but it just came to mind.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    I was reading the roadmap unveiled today here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-release...lly-vaccinated

It mentioned some specific stores like barbers, gyms, hospitalities and retail stores, but it doesn't say anything about massage shops? Do you think that they are part of this roadmap?

Just a disclaimer, I think I am going to wait a bit before I go back to shops but it just came to mind.
    "Massage parlors" and "sex services" are specifically categorized under "beauty and other services", with requirements for reopening specified.
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...other-services

Resources and guidance on how to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan including salon, hairdressing salons, spa, nail salons, waxing salons, tanning salons, massage parlours, tattoo studios, sex on premises venues, and sex services.
    Last edited by MisterWhippy; 09-09-2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: More detail on what "beauty and other services" includes

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Hopefully there'll be enough space for 1 person per 4 square metres

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I guess you can't have 3somes or orgies.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by james_brendan View Post
    I guess you can't have 3somes or orgies.
    Why not? When I fuck a girl, 2 become 1....

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Just a disclaimer, I think I am going to wait a bit before I go back to shops but it just came to mind.[/QUOTE]

Agree the shops have been closed up for months they will need some airing out.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I'm sure there was a gap between places like hairdressers and massage/brothels opening last year but I forget how long. I'm just worried that with the likely strict new checking in requirements it'll be impossible to go to one incognito!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awqjoq View Post
    I'm sure there was a gap between places like hairdressers and massage/brothels opening last year but I forget how long. I'm just worried that with the likely strict new checking in requirements it'll be impossible to go to one incognito!
    QR code check in will be one and vaccinated certificate will be one. It already say fully vaccinated have more freedom.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It will be interesting to see how compliant shops are with this. On one hand they wouldn’t want the bad press of being a super spreader and on the other they don’t wanna be too intrusive with their customer’s details who don’t wanna give their real names when they show their vaccination status

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    In think they said the onus is on the shops,. If they are spreading, they'll probably get checked and then locked down

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharphorse View Post
    It will be interesting to see how compliant shops are with this. On one hand they wouldn’t want the bad press of being a super spreader and on the other they don’t wanna be too intrusive with their customer’s details who don’t wanna give their real names when they show their vaccination status
    QR check in to prove one is vaccinated will definitely happen. The shop won't have your info but they are mandated to know one is fully vaccinated before letting them in.

Only Service NSW will have the info of where you visited. For contact tracing. Plus anyone who has access to your Service NSW App.

Was thinking of using fake info as some ppl do on there Service NSW App, but won't work with showing one is vaccinated.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    In think they said the onus is on the shops,. If they are spreading, they'll probably get checked and then locked down
    The Govt will probably be pretty strict on those caught flouting the rules. To serve as an example. Probably impose heavy penalties which may cause some shops to permanently close. Which will be terrible for us.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awqjoq View Post
    IIRC, hairdressers were allowed to stay open last year, with occupation limitations.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    IIRC, hairdressers were allowed to stay open last year, with occupation limitations.
    Hairdressers had to close for a short time. There was some confusion as they were allowed to stay open, then they changed their minds, or perhaps it was the other way around.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    QR check in to prove one is vaccinated will definitely happen. The shop won't have your info but they are mandated to know one is fully vaccinated before letting them in.

Only Service NSW will have the info of where you visited. For contact tracing. Plus anyone who has access to your Service NSW App.

Was thinking of using fake info as some ppl do on there Service NSW App, but won't work with showing one is vaccinated.
    There is no mandate on any business to require proof of vaccination of customers. It's up to the business themselves to require it. You don't have to go into the shop if you don't like it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    The Govt will probably be pretty strict on those caught flouting the rules. To serve as an example. Probably impose heavy penalties which may cause some shops to permanently close. Which will be terrible for us.
    The only "rule" is check in, nothing else.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Hairdressers had to close for a short time. There was some confusion as they were allowed to stay open, then they changed their minds, or perhaps it was the other way around.
    I only remember that I had no problems getting my regular monthly cut during that period. The shop has 8 chairs, but only 3 were operating. My girl was only working 2-3 days per week rather than her usual six. They closed weekends, but I thought through lack of business.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    The only "rule" is check in, nothing else.
    At the moment, maybe.

When it happens there may be new PHOs?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Seems like there will be two major requirements for customers when the lockdown ends around mid October.
    One is the QR check-in at any business you enter. We are already doing this so nothing really new.
    Secondly will be having to prove you are vaccinated to enter some businesses.
    Which businesses you need to be vaccinated to enter has not been specified yet, but I am sure massage shops and brothels will be among them.
    Also how you prove you are vaccinated has not been specified.
    At the moment you can download your vax certificate from the Medicare app and save it onto your phone or print it.
    I would assume that the vaccination certificate will be integrated into the Service NSW app so that you can do your QR check-in and show you are vaccinated in a single swipe (or maybe two swipes).
    It should be easy enough to create an integrated system.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    At the moment, maybe.

When it happens there may be new PHOs?
    PHO's usually have a sunset of 90 days unless they are repealed or re-issued. The minister is the sole signatory upon the advice of the CHO but sooner or later we'll have to revert back to usual practice, the PHO's have to stop sometime.

My feeling is that they may well be morphed into State legislation with PHO's issued ad hoc if they want to restrict certain areas, or businesses! Future localised restrictions have already been flagged by GB this morning. Now that morning press briefings will be held by Health officials it will allow them to beaver on with other business (Covid legislation). Expect to see something in the new year.

I'm afraid we'll be forever stuck with QR check in's, the data it produces and its usefulness is far to valuable to give up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast