Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: Would you be worried when we are allowed go back to punting

  1. #1
    Junior Member(有D料到)
    Join Date
    07-10-2018
    Posts
    67

    Would you be worried when we are allowed go back to punting

    Given that the vaccine doesn't protect you from catching the virus, would you be concerned to go back to shops once we are allowed to have that freedom?
    I myself will be quite hesitant and probably see how the case numbers fluctuate.
    As much as I miss punting, I just don't want to risk catching a virus that the humanity isn't fully across.

  2. #2
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    22-07-2018
    Posts
    207
    Viral load is the same, though your chance of hospitalisation and death is significantly decreased. Who knows how future strains will fare with vaccines coming out

    Feel sorry for the teachers who are fully vaccinated, but are in a room full of kids for 8hrs a day. Just wear a mask if you decide to fuck an ml/wl

    It's pointless to look at case numbers moving forward as the media will be given hospitalisation numbers instead. I think there will be a drop in case numbers that correlate to the number of people fully vaccinated- essentially if you're feeling ok, and are fully vaccinated with a slight cough, are you going to go and get tested? Most likely not unless your symptoms are ridiculously bad.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    23-04-2021
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by tan30 View Post
    Viral load is the same, though your chance of hospitalisation and death is significantly decreased. Who knows how future strains will fare with vaccines coming out

    Feel sorry for the teachers who are fully vaccinated, but are in a room full of kids for 8hrs a day. Just wear a mask if you decide to fuck an ml/wl

    It's pointless to look at case numbers moving forward as the media will be given hospitalisation numbers instead. I think there will be a drop in case numbers that correlate to the number of people fully vaccinated- essentially if you're feeling ok, and are fully vaccinated with a slight cough, are you going to go and get tested? Most likely not unless your symptoms are ridiculously bad.
    Exactly.

    Adding to this; The regime of checking in with vaccination check will be used for surveillance. If cases (which are really positive tests) rise in certain places then it's really easy to generate a list of "casual contacts" who will be required to test. This will not only screen for other positives (unlikely) but will reveal unvaccinated people checking in to non compliant shops. What action, if any, will take place is unclear but it will increase the data throughput for subsequent analysis.

    The clever part of all this is that no one will ever know where the cases or the exposure sites are.

  4. #4
    99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Posts
    5,785
    Nothing to worry if you have make up your own mind to go punting

    No one force you to go.

    I will advise to take 2 jab first.

  5. #5
    Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Join Date
    26-10-2016
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackkkkkkk View Post
    Given that the vaccine doesn't protect you from catching the virus, would you be concerned to go back to shops once we are allowed to have that freedom?
    I myself will be quite hesitant and probably see how the case numbers fluctuate.
    As much as I miss punting, I just don't want to risk catching a virus that the humanity isn't fully across.
    Ever had a bad cold, well being vaccinated and catching covid 95% of the time is how you will feel. Hide forever or be keen to have a crack in time all the nervous nellies will look back and cringe at the way they carried on. Up to you and all the other people who want to be either unvaccinated, misinformed or plain hesitant. But 70 to 80 % of us are going to have a crack.

  6. #6
    Super Fans (忠實Fans) rooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgyboy View Post
    Ever had a bad cold, well being vaccinated and catching covid 95% of the time is how you will feel. Hide forever or be keen to have a crack in time all the nervous nellies will look back and cringe at the way they carried on. Up to you and all the other people who want to be either unvaccinated, misinformed or plain hesitant. But 70 to 80 % of us are going to have a crack.
    That's the spirit BB!

  7. #7
    Junior Member(有D料到)
    Join Date
    17-06-2020
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgyboy View Post
    Ever had a bad cold, well being vaccinated and catching covid 95% of the time is how you will feel. Hide forever or be keen to have a crack in time all the nervous nellies will look back and cringe at the way they carried on. Up to you and all the other people who want to be either unvaccinated, misinformed or plain hesitant. But 70 to 80 % of us are going to have a crack.
    I'm actually not worried about covid itself, but I do worry about the long-term effects it has on us while vaccinated. Has there been any research or paper regarding this? I know its too early to tell, but I want to read on what experts think. I'm double vaccinated btw.

  8. #8
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    04-02-2021
    Posts
    283
    Probably just as likely to catch it in Woolies. Unless u got an underlying health condition and u have been fully vaccinated. The risk of ending up hospital is very low. U be surprised by the amount people that are dealing with COVID in home isolation.
    I would be more worried about mass crowd events, like the footy and cricket.

  9. #9
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    21-08-2021
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgyboy View Post
    But 70 to 80 % of us are going to have a crack.
    Thats it! vaccinate for yourself and your family. if the 30%-20% of idiots don't want to be protected, then they can miss out on a good punt.

  10. #10
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    04-02-2021
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    I'm actually not worried about covid itself, but I do worry about the long-term effects it has on us while vaccinated. Has there been any research or paper regarding this? I know its too early to tell, but I want to read on what experts think. I'm double vaccinated btw.
    Think the research is more likely to be targeting the effects of COVID on the unvaccinated. Know as Long COVID

  11. #11
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    04-02-2021
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelmate View Post
    Nothing to worry if you have make up your own mind to go punting

    No one force you to go.

    I will advise to take 2 jab first.
    Hopefully in this community Punters, WL/ML and Madames will get vaccinated. Couple Iíve asked all say they are and will checking the girls

  12. #12
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-2012
    Posts
    1,852
    Yeah, I'll be going back to it after I'm fully vaxxed and shops reopen. I went for AZ, gonna wait longer for the second jab. Stuff it, can't help myself, need to fuck my lovelies!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    23-04-2021
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    I'm actually not worried about covid itself, but I do worry about the long-term effects it has on us while vaccinated. Has there been any research or paper regarding this? I know its too early to tell, but I want to read on what experts think. I'm double vaccinated btw.
    This might help:-

    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/e...cesectitle0048

  14. #14
    99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Posts
    5,785
    Quote Originally Posted by smn5746 View Post
    Hopefully in this community Punters, WL/ML and Madames will get vaccinated. Couple Iíve asked all say they are and will checking the girls
    Most of the girls I know at least done 1 jab. Second jab before mid October.

  15. #15
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    04-02-2021
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    Pretty sure this is Long Covid in the Unvaccinated not vaccinated

  16. #16
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-2012
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by smn5746 View Post
    Pretty sure this is Long Covid in the Unvaccinated not vaccinated
    You are right. The paper studies "long COVID" over a 7 month period and it says:
    Data were collected from September 6, 2020 to November 25, 2020.

    That means they study COVID patients that were infected between February 2020 - April 2020.

    The first vaccines to enter phase 3 trials only did so in November 2020.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    23-04-2021
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by smn5746 View Post
    Pretty sure this is Long Covid in the Unvaccinated not vaccinated
    I might be thinking that "Long Covid" in vaccinated people might be a contradiction in terms, you're not supposed to get it, right. We know that's not true so the effects of having a "mild" case may well not show up, if at all, for years. The other problem is that there may not be any incentive to actively track it anyway, particularly as it usually depends on self reporting symptoms which a lot of people might put down to other things.

  18. #18
    Super Fans (忠實Fans) rooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    947
    I'll be going to pubs, bars, restaurants, brothels, cafes, shopping, massage parlours, footy, cricket, beach, picnics, parties, casino etc.
    Resume life as normal.
    I have had two vax shots and I will take my chances.
    Your chances of catching the virus are much smaller than not catching it.
    Worldwide the percentage of people infected is just a small proportion of the population (around 2.5% - or in other words 97.5% of the worlds population has avoided covid), and those that die is a tiny proportion (around .05% - or in other words 99.95% of the worlds population has not died of covid.
    And the vast majority of those that died were very old and/or very sick.
    If you are under 60yo and healthy it’s more like a 99.99% certainty you will not die of covid.
    Put it this way, if you got the results of a biopsy and your GP it told you it's a 99.95% certainty you will not die of cancer you would be ecstatic and go out and celebrate with champagne and dinner and a fuck!
    Well that's the covid diagnosis for us all. It's a 99.95% to 99.99% certainty you will not die of covid, so why hide under the bed in fear? As soon as the lockdown ends, go out and for a champagne dinner and a fuck!
    Vaccination will make those already tiny chances of dying or getting really sick even tinier.
    Even if I get the virus it will be like getting a cold or at worst a flu and that has never stopped me from living life to the fullest before.
    Living life in a cotton wool cocoon is no way to live.
    Enjoy!

  19. #19
    Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Join Date
    17-06-2019
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I'll be going to pubs, bars, restaurants, brothels, cafes, massage parlours, footy, cricket, beach, picnics, parties, casino etc.
    Resume life as normal.
    I have had two vax shots and so I will take my chances.
    Your chances of catching the virus are much smaller than catching it.
    Worldwide the percentage of people infected is just a small proportion of the population (around 2.5% - or in other words 97.5% of the worlds population has avoided covid), and those that die is tiny proportion (around .05% - or in other words 99.95% of the worlds population has not died of covid.
    Vaccination will make those already tiny chances of dying or getting really sick even tinier.
    Even if I get the virus it will be like getting a cold or at worst a flu and that has never stopped me from living life to the fullest before.
    Living life in a cotton wool cocoon is no way to live.
    Enjoy!
    Go bro rooter! Looking forward to it!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    26-04-2015
    Posts
    105
    It's going to be like winning lotto for me .IT has been almost 2yrs out of our normal lives .No pubs ,clubs, holidays, girls etc
    Fkuc sitting at home locked away any longer. I'll be at the beach ,back to my local massage girls etc.
    The ONLY doubt I have is travelling O/S having to come back & quarantine at home for 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •