Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QR Codes

Senior Member(無間使者)

QR Codes

Once everything is opened up I’m guessing we will need to use QR scan on our Service NSW app to log into establishments. Looking at the QR code history there doesn’t seem any way to delete history. Is this the case and isn’t that worrying to punters ?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunningsnag View Post
    Once everything is opened up I’m guessing we will need to use QR scan on our Service NSW app to log into establishments. Looking at the QR code history there doesn’t seem any way to delete history. Is this the case and isn’t that worrying to punters ?
    It does make punting harder to conceal. Is it worrying... Depends a lot on your situation. I suppose for people with Hitleresque partners that check everything they do/use/have, this will be a game ending change for them.
    I'm personally not in that situation... Second time around I chose my partner carefully and stayed away from those types. I look forward to punting again.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    The QR history stays visible for 28 days.

Hopefully establishments will use obscure trading names, rather than descriptions. At least addresses don't show in history.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    The NSW app has a pin to log in.
    Obviously you should not give your pin to anyone.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The only concern for me with QR code is if the shop have infection you get a call then you are finished if you have a partner. A written form would be good.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    The only concern for me with QR code is if the shop have infection you get a call then you are finished if you have a partner. A written form would be good.
    All log ins must be by the QR code. There will be nothing written. For those that say they don't have a phone the only other accepted log in is a QR card which you can get from Service NSW. However no good getting that until they have worked out how they are going to attach the vaccination certificate to it. NSW Gov is working with the Feds to link the Medicare Vaccine Cert to the NSW QR code log in.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    My understanding is that:
    1) QR cards will be holder specific, perhaps linked to a driver licence or ID card.
    2) Establishments will have a QR card reader to scan your card and it would probably bring up your photo (and thus your linked vax status, if the ever happens.

Vax certificates are part of your medicare record, and AFIK your Service NSW account does not have details of that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    All log ins must be by the QR code. There will be nothing written. For those that say they don't have a phone the only other accepted log in is a QR card which you can get from Service NSW. However no good getting that until they have worked out how they are going to attach the vaccination certificate to it. NSW Gov is working with the Feds to link the Medicare Vaccine Cert to the NSW QR code log in.
    Not as far as I can see, if you have a later PHO I'd be interested in seeing the link.

This is the PHO of 28/8 which is still in force. https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/...der%202021.pdf

Refer page 6, clause 15 and page 7, clause 16.

"(a) keep, for at least 4 weeks, a record of the contact details in a way that ensures the record is readily accessible and in an appropriate form to provide to the Chief Health Officer under paragraph (b), and
    (b) on request, provide the record, in electronic form, to the Chief Health Officer as soon as practicable, but no later than 4 hours, after the request is made, and....."

This clearly provides for an offline record to be kept. How they keep that record is up to them but it must be provided, if requested in electronic form. Maybe a Word document, spreadsheet, scan of a log, who knows.

It's all moot anyway as contact tracing for this class of business is unlikely to be followed up, they just don't have the time or resources.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If this going to happen then ML/WL shops will be in trouble. More than half of business customers is gone. At the moment you still can do written form at supermarket.

Banned

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    1) QR cards will be holder specific, perhaps linked to a driver licence or ID card.
    2) Establishments will have a QR card reader to scan your card and it would probably bring up your photo (and thus your linked vax status, if the ever happens.

Vax certificates are part of your medicare record, and AFIK your Service NSW account does not have details of that.
    Here comes the Australian ID if people remember that the government want in the 80s. This is even worse you get scan everything you do.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    In 6 months or so after the end of lockdowns and when a degree of normality returns will the health authorities even bother following up new infections.

With at least 80% of the population vaccinated the risk to the general community should be reduced.

I wonder what the point of check ins will even be then.

It appears your data gets upload to NSW gov

As I have received text messages to say I have been to a site on concern,
    Both these site were closed for cleaning, so NSW Health knew I was there because I QR checked in.
    And about 5 days later, each time I got a text messaged telling me to get tested and isolate till negative

Beware GOVERNMENT is logging you.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I just get texts from Craig Kelly and his owner Clive Palmer. What a pair of cunts!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you want to get the best of both worlds - contact trace and keep it off your phone it's technically possible. You don't need any deep technical knowledge but you will need to accept some inconvenience...

You can sign up for a SMS forwarding service at Twilio. That way you get a number and you can configure it to forward SMSs to your actual number. It will cost you monthly but hey, so does punting. You can also probably just ask their support team to configure the forwarding for you.

Now, when you scan the QR code, use WeChat and it will open a WeChat browser. Fill in your details but put in the Twilio number. You'll get a confirmation SMS and the QR scan will work. If someone gets covid then the twilio number will get contacted and you can figure out what you want to do from that point onwards.

I'm not sure if you use your real number on the web form if it will link to your app or not.

Anyway, that follows the spirit of contact tracing and keeps it off your service NSW app. Let's stop complaining and get on with our lives .

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I just get texts from Craig Kelly and his owner Clive Palmer.
    In the extensive political /social and business circles they move in they are going to be exposed to the virus sooner rather than later. Both are obese, both over 60, both unvaccinated. There is greater than one in ten chance they are going to be rooted. Even if not, they are in for a very rough time.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

NSW Gov is working at the moment with the Feds to attach your medicare Cert to the NSW QR app. it will have a hologram imbedded to prevent fraud.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Here comes the Australian ID if people remember that the government want in the 80s. This is even worse you get scan everything you do.
    I remember this, Bob Hawkes idea I think. Morrison introduced the "No Jab, No Pay" policy to withhold family tax benefits unless the children were vaccinated. This remains to this day, so this bloke has got form.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alc View Post
    If you want to get the best of both worlds - contact trace and keep it off your phone it's technically possible. You don't need any deep technical knowledge but you will need to accept some inconvenience...

You can sign up for a SMS forwarding service at Twilio. That way you get a number and you can configure it to forward SMSs to your actual number. It will cost you monthly but hey, so does punting. You can also probably just ask their support team to configure the forwarding for you.

Now, when you scan the QR code, use WeChat and it will open a WeChat browser. Fill in your details but put in the Twilio number. You'll get a confirmation SMS and the QR scan will work. If someone gets covid then the twilio number will get contacted and you can figure out what you want to do from that point onwards.

I'm not sure if you use your real number on the web form if it will link to your app or not.

Anyway, that follows the spirit of contact tracing and keeps it off your service NSW app. Let's stop complaining and get on with our lives .
    I don't know the answer to this but I believe you can use a landline number on the webform because it tells you to use an area code if it's an interstate number. A new mobile number requires a confirmation code so I'm not sure how a landline number is checked, maybe it isn't, too few to worry about.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’ll show my vaccination status on the phone (with my thumb over my name) but I’d walk if there was no option to sign in with pen and paper.

I’m not doing traceable QR codes for punting, which has significant real world consequences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast