Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: The French aren't very happy with us

  1. #1
    Senior Member(無間使者) Ziggurat's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-06-2021
    Posts
    121

    The French aren't very happy with us

    I never thought I'd see a western democratic country recall their ambassador from us. And before he left he gave us another serve. Like Cleese's French knight in Holy Grail!

    Dropping a 90 billion contract has gotta hurt though, even if they get two billion change.

    They'll probably put up now all the wind turbines around the VILLERS BRETONNEUX memorial they've been wanting to do!

  2. #2
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Join Date
    07-06-2018
    Posts
    1,422
    Don't go to visit France this few years. I don't think we are welcome. The problems is from 50 billions to 90+billions in 5 years.

  3. #3
    Super Fans (忠實Fans) rooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    906
    Fuck the Frogs.
    I had a Citroen once. Worst car ever.
    Should be called a Citron.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    11-07-2021
    Posts
    293
    Australia has to choose between China and France or USA and UK.

    We are going to miss French cheese. The smell of it is enough to make an 18-years-old punter horny.

  5. #5
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    06-05-2021
    Posts
    377
    Wasn't the French sub deal a dud from the begining?? One snippet was the Aussies wanted to have local suppliers involved in the project but the French refused.

    I like how the Chinese can have nuclear subs but if we get them we are not allowed

  6. #6
    Senior Member(無間使者) Ziggurat's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-06-2021
    Posts
    121
    I do feel a bit sorry for the French. They are our allies. But the sub deal was turning into a real slow, expensive, argumentative grind. At least with the new deal everyone is speaking English.

    I remember Turnbull boasting "they will be built in Australia using Australian steel." How absurd. The whole fleet would use as much steel as went into two floors of Packer's casino. The output of one mill by morning tea.

  7. #7
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Join Date
    11-12-2012
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Fuck the Frogs.
    I had a Citroen once. Worst car ever.
    Should be called a Citron.
    I just want to show my appreciation for a criminally ignored gag.

  8. #8
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    17-06-2021
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Fuck the Frogs.
    I had a Citroen once. Worst car ever.
    Should be called a Citron.
    Actually one at the National Museum

    Petit Citron

    https://www.nma.gov.au/explore/colle...citroen-tourer

  9. #9
    Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Posts
    814
    I had a Peugeot.

    Gr8 Drive but straight after warranty in its 4th year,lots of things started having issues

  10. #10
    Senior Member(無間使者) Fred Flintstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-05-2021
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    199
    Just think. If the Soviets, British and the Americans didnít come to the rescue, the French would be speaking German now

  11. #11
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Join Date
    07-06-2018
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    Just think. If the Soviets, British and the Americans didnít come to the rescue, the French would be speaking German now
    Yap! Asia and Australia would be speaking Japanese if not for the American able to withstand the imperial Japan attack.

  12. #12
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Join Date
    17-08-2014
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    Just think. If the Soviets, British and the Americans didn’t come to the rescue, the French would be speaking German now
    are the old magot line (yeah I know the wrong spelling

  13. #13
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-2012
    Posts
    1,792
    I thought France was "rescued" because they're the immediate neighbour to Britain. Once the Nazis gained full control of France, they were literally breathing down British necks.

    Similar thing with the US in the Pacific theatre. They had to dominate the region to prevent enemies sneaking up on them from the West (eg. Pearl Harbour), because they have lots of allies and not any powerful enemies on the East.

  14. #14
    Super Fans (忠實Fans) rooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Fuck the Frogs.
    I had a Citroen once. Worst car ever.
    Should be called a Citron.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    I had a Peugeot.

    Gr8 Drive but straight after warranty in its 4th year,lots of things started having issues
    Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault - The Three Stooges of the automotive industry.
    If the French subs are as shit as their cars then it's a good thing we got out of that deal.
    Much better to have a big V8 Ford or Chevvy engine in your subs.

  15. #15
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-2012
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault - The Three Stooges of the automotive industry.
    If the French subs are as shit as their cars then it's a good thing we got out of that deal.
    Much better to have a big V8 Ford or Chevvy engine in your subs.
    I always wondered why their cars are so shit, then I saw first hand how they drive and the fact that 95% of cars on Paris streets have at least a bingle on them. It all made sense after that, lol...

  16. #16
    Senior Member(無間使者) Ziggurat's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-06-2021
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Much better to have a big V8 Ford or Chevvy engine in your subs.
    That might be sooner than you think. The government is thinking about leasing a couple of the Virginia class subs in the meantime. There could be a couple of those mothers patrolling the waters in a year or two.

  17. #17
    99 God Member (神級會員) wilisno's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-2012
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I thought France was "rescued" because they're the immediate neighbour to Britain. Once the Nazis gained full control of France, they were literally breathing down British necks.

    Similar thing with the US in the Pacific theatre. They had to dominate the region to prevent enemies sneaking up on them from the West (eg. Pearl Harbour), because they have lots of allies and not any powerful enemies on the East.
    In the movie The Patriots by Mel Gibson, the French helped America to gain Independence.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

  18. #18
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Join Date
    07-06-2018
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    That might be sooner than you think. The government is thinking about leasing a couple of the Virginia class subs in the meantime. There could be a couple of those mothers patrolling the waters in a year or two.
    Not that fast. We need to train our People in nuclear science. Is a new ball game and we only have one university teaching the course. The fastest would be in 10 year more like 15 years. Scomo already say like 2040 but if you say lease for US maybe 2030

  19. #19
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    05-01-2021
    Posts
    188
    French haven't really done much to help us, the minister is just upset cos he didn't know about it and now will cop it from the higher ups.
    Someone has to take the blame for them not being able to sell us their subs.

  20. #20
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    Join Date
    05-01-2021
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Not that fast. We need to train our People in nuclear science. Is a new ball game and we only have one university teaching the course. The fastest would be in 10 year more like 15 years. Scomo already say like 2040 but if you say lease for US maybe 2030
    At least it will give us a new skill in this country. Alot of skills have been lost in this country cos we export all our ideas

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •