Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladys B gone with the wind

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I didn't say she shouldn't be investigated, it is the timing of doing it that's the problem. This case has been known for a year, what's the difference in waiting a few more months for the state to get through this crisis with the same leader before doing it?
    So then ICAC becomes a political organisation, picking and choosing the timing of its announcements to favor certain politicians depending on circumstances?

This is what top silk and former counsel assisting ICAC Geoffrey Watson SC had to say about the timing:

"I think it's actually a great moment for ICAC because it's shown, yet again, it doesn't care how powerful the person is, it doesn't care how popular the person is, it does the right thing," he said.

"I saw that the Premier criticised the timing of it, I couldn't disagree more.

"The timing is perfect, this is exactly the point in our history when we want our politicians placed under close scrutiny."
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...lian/100510076

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Of course Watson is going to defend the ICAC, how many innocents has he helped ruin while working for it.

ICAC is as corrupt as the parliament.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Perrottet as Premier, Ayres as Deputy and Kean as Treasurer

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    Seems only nomination and subject to voting next Tuesday in the Party Room.
    Rob Stokes put his hand up yesterday

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomusernam2020 View Post
    Exactly, ICAC timed it perfectly to suit their own agenda. Highlighting they are already a political organisation or at least know how to play the game
    That sums it all up....they were just out to get her.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post
    So then ICAC becomes a political organisation, picking and choosing the timing of its announcements to favor certain politicians depending on circumstances?

This is what top silk and former counsel assisting ICAC Geoffrey Watson SC had to say about the timing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...lian/100510076
    He's let the cat out of the bag a bit, hasn't he? That statement all but admits that there was an element of timing in it. That was the wrong statement to make. It doesn't help make the ICAC look any better, instead it has made it worse by implying that they did not simply act immediately upon knowing a new piece of information.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Gladys B

Would you pick her in a line-up?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    He's let the cat out of the bag a bit, hasn't he? That statement all but admits that there was an element of timing in it. That was the wrong statement to make. It doesn't help make the ICAC look any better, instead it has made it worse by implying that they did not simply act immediately upon knowing a new piece of information.
    It might be easy to think that, but a decision to conduct a public enquiry has to be made by 2 of the 3 commissioners. There's also an Inspector of the ICAC who is independent from them and is supposed to ensure that they don't become politicised. To top it all off the current 3 commissioners of the ICAC were appointed by the current government. So if anything they'd owe Gladys.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My question is. If everyone feels both major parties are full of corrupt leaders. Why do ppl continue to vote for both of them ? Why not some other party ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Would you pick her in a line-up?
    To be the prime minister...yup

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    My question is. If everyone feels both major parties are full of corrupt leaders. Why do ppl continue to vote for both of them ? Why not some other party ?
    It's not just the leaders, there's corruption at all levels, in all parties.

Remember the old proverb: Doesn't matter who you vote for, you get a politician.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randomusernam2020 View Post
    NSW Voluntary preferential voting system... your obscure candidate selection will most likely be exhausted.
    Preferences or not it's still largely a major party 2 horse race.
    Exactly this. However, it is certainly not unique to NSW. Almost every "democratic" election invariably becomes a 2 horse race. Go figure. I'm no expert in the matter, but if you look at it purely from a voter's perspective, say a "strong" third party were to emerge out of nowhere. Would you use your one and only vote on that 3rd party? Remember, you wouldn't know if there would be millions more people like you who would vote for the new party, but you do know that there would be millions others who would vote for either of the 2 existing major parties. If very few people voted for that 3rd party, then you would've wasted your vote.

There are other intricacies like majority seats, balance of power, king makers, etc... The system makes it feel like, if you voted for a small party, you might end up getting something you didn't bargain for. Say your guy ends up being king maker and then favours the exact party you hated. You have no control over that outcome.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Exactly this. However, it is certainly not unique to NSW. Almost every "democratic" election invariably becomes a 2 horse race. Go figure. I'm no expert in the matter, but if you look at it purely from a voter's perspective, say a "strong" third party were to emerge out of nowhere. Would you use your one and only vote on that 3rd party? Remember, you wouldn't know if there would be millions more people like you who would vote for the new party, but you do know that there would be millions others who would vote for either of the 2 existing major parties. If very few people voted for that 3rd party, then you would've wasted your vote.

There are other intricacies like majority seats, balance of power, king makers, etc... The system makes it feel like, if you voted for a small party, you might end up getting something you didn't bargain for. Say your guy ends up being king maker and then favours the exact party you hated. You have no control over that outcome.
    Well. I rather vote for the right team, if they don't win, I'm happy for my vote to be wasted.

I don't see why ppl should be forced to pick existing parties that are obvious corrupt as.

I mean, I dun want them to spend my tax money on submarines, I want them to spend Billions on education and bring in tons of "foreign students". I can't get a BJ or get a cowboy style with a submarine.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Good riddance. Amazed at how many supporters she had.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Perrottet as Premier, Ayres as Deputy and Kean as Treasurer
    Hey, good call but the one person I can't handle is Matt Kean, he should be a member of the "lunatic Greens".........

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Gladys resigned.
    Then Constance resigned.
    Now Barilaro has resigned.
    All the rats are leaving the sinking ship.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If it's true what Gladys said, that now is the worst possible time to resign, then why is Pork Barilaro now also resigning? 🤔

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Gladys resigned.
    Then Constance resigned.
    Now Barilaro has resigned.
    All the rats are leaving a sinking ship.
    Getting out cleanly before they get booted by the new regime, happens all the time

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by limbi8888 View Post
    Getting out cleanly before they get booted by the new regime, happens all the time
    Constance and Barilaro were going to resign last time and go in into the Feds however they were going to nominate for the same seat so they called a truce not to nominate. This is no surprise as they had always signaled their intention to leave and go into Federal politics.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    Hey, good call but the one person I can't handle is Matt Kean, he should be a member of the "lunatic Greens".........
    That was my prediction of the outcome, not my choice as I agree with you about Matt Kean defecting to the Greens

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast