Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladys B gone with the wind

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray... Bye bye...
    That's a typical moronic response I would have expected from you.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Not necessarily, icac can only refer her to the police if they believe charges should be laid. Imagine the fallout if they don't have the evidence to refer her to the police. Or if she is referred to the police and a court doesn't convict her? Imagine the fallout. I can see a mini series when this is over.
    It could be even uglier if the next Premier also completely fucks up the reopening and they couldn't produce the evidence of corruption on GB. There will be a real reckoning on their heads of that scenario eventuates, nothing short of a nightmare for them.

I don't know what they were thinking to pull this pin at this crucial moment for the state.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    It could be even uglier if the next Premier also completely fucks up the reopening and they couldn't produce the evidence of corruption on GB. There will be a real reckoning on their heads of that scenario eventuates, nothing short of a nightmare for them.

I don't know what they were thinking to pull this pin at this crucial moment for the state.
    Doesn't matter if the new Premier fucks up or not. As I said if Gladys isn't convicted and its a big IF the shit will hit the fan for icac.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    As treasurer she brought the state budget back into surplus.
    As premier she brought the state back from the dark ages with infrastructure spending on road, rail, stadiums which are still creating jobs.

She has had the misfortune of disasters like the bushfires, floods and pandemic. I think she's done more for NSW than any other premier since Wran.

She's not perfect but she's been the best we've had for a long long time.
    Agree with that 10000%...NSW under the previous Labor government was a fucking disaster with no progress at all in the many years that they were in power. They are still a fucking rabble. The Libs bought NSW back to respectability.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Doesn't matter if the new Premier fucks up or not. As I said if Gladys isn't convicted and its a big IF the shit will hit the fan for icac.
    Did the shit hit the fan for ICAC when Barry O'Farrell was never charged? 🤔

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post
    Did the shit hit the fan for ICAC when Barry O'Farrell was never charged? ��
    I think it is a totally different situation this time. ICAC itself is under scrutiny as well because of its lack of prosecutions, budget and referrals to the police that don't hold up in court . The fact of ICACs timing and the community support Gladys has, plus she has really done what plenty of others have done. She has the sympathy vote which Barry O'Farrell didn't have so I think it will be a different scenario this time if she isn't found guilty.

Did the shit hit the fan for ICAC when Barry O'Farrell was never charged? 🤔
    I don't know about you but I personally had no recollection of Barry O'Farrell or what he did for the state, seriously. Maybe it's because he was never required to front the media at 11am every morning to give updates on a state wide health crisis, everyday for at least 3 months. Or maybe because he never had to deal with a bushfire crisis of historic proportions.
    Like comparing apples and oranges.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I don't know about you but I personally had no recollection of Barry O'Farrell or what he did for the state, seriously. Maybe it's because he was never required to front the media at 11am every morning to give updates on a state wide health crisis, everyday for at least 3 months. Or maybe because he never had to deal with a bushfire crisis of historic proportions.
    Correct, doesn't matter if you like her or not she has had everything thrown at her and she has fronted up just about every day. A lot of people like and trust her, similar to a mother or granny figure. Totally different to BOF as like you said nobody remembers him or anything that he had done apart from a bottle of red wine.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hope the new premiere is a punter! 😁

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    Hope the new premiere is a punter! ��
    The two main contenders are conservative Christians … so they will be punters for sure.
    Well either punters or closet homosexuals anyway … or maybe both.
    Classic Tory profile.
    Oh and probably into auto-erotic asphyxiation too.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How about Nick Greiner then? Another Liberal premier who quickly resigned when the focus of ICAC turned towards him.

He was a popular and successful premier... and in fact founded ICAC.

No charges, and as far as ICAC was concerned no shit hitting any fans.

But let's see what happens eh? Perhaps in Gladys' case things won't quietly go away... as they always have before 🤫

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Gotta realise that most ICAC referrals will never lead to convictions or even charges. The way ICAC gathers evidence is often inadmissible in court and the standard to make a finding is different to a conviction in criminal cases (balance of probabilities vs beyond reasonable doubt).

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA2 View Post
    Gotta realise that most ICAC referrals will never lead to convictions or even charges. The way ICAC gathers evidence is often inadmissible in court and the standard to make a finding is different to a conviction in criminal cases (balance of probabilities vs beyond reasonable doubt).
    There's also a lot of corruption that may not necessarily be against the law. Take for example passing a whole bunch of laws that favour the banking industry and then quitting to take up a job with the banking industry after. Technically not against the law but definitely wouldn't pass the sniff test.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoEcho View Post
    There's also a lot of corruption that may not necessarily be against the law. Take for example passing a whole bunch of laws that favour the banking industry and then quitting to take up a job with the banking industry after. Technically not against the law but definitely wouldn't pass the sniff test.
    Couldn't agree more.

In fact the LNP is completely shameless and brazen about it. Our deputy premier refers to himself as "Pork Barilaro". At the national level, you've got Barnaby Joyce parading Bridget Mackenzie around on his return to the leadership of the Nationals. I could go on...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    You think labours any different?
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Couldn't agree more.

In fact the LNP is completely shameless and brazen about it. Our deputy premier refers to himself as "Pork Barilaro". At the national level, you've got Barnaby Joyce parading Bridget Mackenzie around on his return to the leadership of the Nationals. I could go on...
    And the other sides are different? Pull the other one, both sides are the same with pork barrelling.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    And the other sides are different? Pull the other one, both sides are the same with pork barrelling.
    So what? Shouldn't we be holding them all to account?

So what? Shouldn't we be holding them all to account?
    I didn't say she shouldn't be investigated, it is the timing of doing it that's the problem. This case has been known for a year, what's the difference in waiting a few more months for the state to get through this crisis with the same leader before doing it? It's not like she's going to skip town, is she?

If they had started the investigation when the case was started on her ex-BF it would've been still ok on them. She would've left the role before all this. GBs profile in the hearts and minds of NSW people wouldn't have grown as much as it has, nor would she have had to do the hardwork of dealing with the lockdown.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Do some research into Bob Askin who was premier back in the 1960s. Corrupt as they come, but the mud never stuck. No ICAC back then, but the public knew and didn't care.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Not the only corrupt premier, why do you think Neville Wran earned the nickname "nifty". No ICAC then either
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast