Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
As for UK sorry to burst your bubble but if you and I could leave the country today we would be allowed into the UK without quarantine. All you need there is a test within the first few days of arrival and be double vaccinated. They do have certain countries that they consider to be higher risk where there is more restriction and quarantine but they have never ever had anything like the quarantine system we have had here.

As for Korea what’s the vaccination rate? Answer a smidge over 60%. There is your answer why still quarantine there.Also a lower case rate per capita.
So by your example of UKs quarantine logic (10 days i believe), all UK and US should have to do quarantine in Aus then.
UK has less than 3x our population and 45k cases and 155 deaths yesterday vs our 2500/10~. For Australia, they are a super high risk country.

We should therefore let in taiwan, sg, hk, korea,nz, china maybe japan and some euro countries without quarantine before UK. I'm sure most on this forum would prefer that anyway
If you are going to suggest that vaccination is the indication for 'at risk' country, it doesnt make sense because we know vaccination doesn't prevent you from catching it, therefore it shouldn't matter if a vaccinated UK traveler goes to a high vaccinated country then has to 10 day quarantine vs low vaccinated. Also i believe NSW is close if not higher than UK vax rate now.
Basically UK are high risk.

Also the test after returning to Aus is important - did nsw say we would be doing that? An example is a UK person could do the test 72hrs before, then easily catch covid form the 100s of people they come in contact with in the days after inc the airport.
Spreading it all over NSW once here.