Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NSW Borders Opening to the World?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    I think you all need to calm down, we're almost at 80% vaxx and we're free from travel restrictions in the greater Sydney area and its the weekend. Go out have some fun, blow off some steam, do some shopping.
    I'll be taking the train into the city today and just have a wonder around...but I'll still be wearing a mask, just my personal choice even though I'm double vaxxed.
    I don't really care anymore what the governments do because whatever I say or do they don't give a shit about my opinion or yours they only care about being re elected, look at Qld and WA.
    Enjoy the freedom and stay safe bro!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    I think you all need to calm down, we're almost at 80% vaxx and we're free from travel restrictions in the greater Sydney area and its the weekend. Go out have some fun, blow off some steam, do some shopping.
    I'll be taking the train into the city today and just have a wonder around...but I'll still be wearing a mask, just my personal choice even though I'm double vaxxed.
    I don't really care anymore what the governments do because whatever I say or do they don't give a shit about my opinion or yours they only care about being re elected, look at Qld and WA.
    M2
    WA and QLD don’t have to worry about elections for a few more years seeing both had one earlier this year.

SA does which also happens to be a Liberal state but you don’t hear much about their border stance which is similar to WA and QLD. Same too with TAS.

But the political issue for those states is they are still effectively at covid zero or close to it, so the sell to the public to open up even to other states let alone international is that much harder.

NSW, Vic and ACT have all gone beyond the point of no return to zero. And all well on way to high vaccination rates and all have forewarned the public to expect more cases as we open up.

Which all gets back to the point I have been making with increasing cases domestically the risk of introducing a dozen more a day from overseas is negligible. In some ways you can control and vet international arrivals (through testing) which makes it a lesser risk than going to work (which is still the second most likely place to get covid after the home).

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    stay safe bro!
    This sign off is now redundant. As we are all going to catch it in the next year or two there is no such thing as staying safe. There is only "stay vaccinated." WA SA and Qld are finally coming around to this realisation.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    This sign off is now redundant. As we are all going to catch it in the next year or two there is no such thing as staying safe. There is only "stay vaccinated." WA SA and Qld are finally coming around to this realisation.
    Once you are double vaccinated then catching covid will be like a third booster shot

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
    As for UK sorry to burst your bubble but if you and I could leave the country today we would be allowed into the UK without quarantine. All you need there is a test within the first few days of arrival and be double vaccinated. They do have certain countries that they consider to be higher risk where there is more restriction and quarantine but they have never ever had anything like the quarantine system we have had here.

As for Korea what’s the vaccination rate? Answer a smidge over 60%. There is your answer why still quarantine there.Also a lower case rate per capita.
    So by your example of UKs quarantine logic (10 days i believe), all UK and US should have to do quarantine in Aus then.
    UK has less than 3x our population and 45k cases and 155 deaths yesterday vs our 2500/10~. For Australia, they are a super high risk country.

We should therefore let in taiwan, sg, hk, korea,nz, china maybe japan and some euro countries without quarantine before UK. I'm sure most on this forum would prefer that anyway
    If you are going to suggest that vaccination is the indication for 'at risk' country, it doesnt make sense because we know vaccination doesn't prevent you from catching it, therefore it shouldn't matter if a vaccinated UK traveler goes to a high vaccinated country then has to 10 day quarantine vs low vaccinated. Also i believe NSW is close if not higher than UK vax rate now.
    Basically UK are high risk.

Also the test after returning to Aus is important - did nsw say we would be doing that? An example is a UK person could do the test 72hrs before, then easily catch covid form the 100s of people they come in contact with in the days after inc the airport.
    Spreading it all over NSW once here.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by xcite View Post
    So by your example of UKs quarantine logic (10 days i believe), all UK and US should have to do quarantine in Aus then.
    UK has less than 3x our population and 45k cases and 155 deaths yesterday vs our 2500/10~. For Australia, they are a super high risk country.

We should therefore let in taiwan, sg, hk, korea,nz, china maybe japan and some euro countries without quarantine before UK. I'm sure most on this forum would prefer that anyway
    If you are going to suggest that vaccination is the indication for 'at risk' country, it doesnt make sense because we know vaccination doesn't prevent you from catching it, therefore it shouldn't matter if a vaccinated UK traveler goes to a high vaccinated country then has to 10 day quarantine vs low vaccinated. Also i believe NSW is close if not higher than UK vax rate now.
    Basically UK are high risk.

Also the test after returning to Aus is important - did nsw say we would be doing that? An example is a UK person could do the test 72hrs before, then easily catch covid form the 100s of people they come in contact with in the days after inc the airport.
    Spreading it all over NSW once here.
    You are mistaken about 10 days quarantine in the uk. I thought I made that point clear that entry to there is the same as what is planned for here. Double vaccinated and tested except for a very small number of countries that they consider to be high risk.

And they are NOT a super high risk country to Australia. They have a high vaccination rate and so do we. Vaccination rate is the whole key to it. And yes they have high case numbers but the vast majority of those cases now are very minor due to vaccination. And now we have high vaccination rates and have opened up we too will see cases go up, but serious illness will not go up by the same rate due to vaccination. Not hard to understand is it.

And as I keep harping on about when cases here go up the treat of a dozen a day from international arrivals is trivial.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I was out and about the City yesterday. It has well and truly opened up now. People were out everywhere. So much bare flesh on display. Everywhere I looked there was a long slim pair of sexy legs on display. A deep cleavage exposed. Or a fit toned midriff.
    FMD girls, you really know how to make us horny!
    I don't think I can hold off punting much longer. Fuck covid, bring on the reopening!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I was out and about the City yesterday. It has well and truly opened up now. People were out everywhere. So much bare flesh on display. Everywhere I looked there was a long slim pair of sexy legs on display. A deep cleavage exposed. Or a fit toned midriff.
    FMD girls, you really know how to make us horny!
    I don't think I can hold off punting much longer. Fuck covid, bring on the reopening!
    I was watching Channel 7 yesterday for the racing , but all eyes where on the ladies who were all dressed up and showing plenty.

The group of owners were jumping up and down when their horse Incentivise won the Cup. One lady was wearing a black cocktail dress with deep V opening at the front, C Cups natural , no bra, when she was so excited and her tits swinging about, what a sight ! No doubt she will be getting plenty while riding CG sometimes later last night……….haha

Junior Member(有D料到)
    While you still have a lot of cases you at least have a roadmap out. Here in Auckland we are just locked down still. Maybe I'll be able to visit Sydney again this decade?!

At least you guys are all getting to enjoy yourselves in the best punting city in the world again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123