Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSW Borders Opening to the World?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The no-quarantine rule is only for fully vaxxed, and had a rapid test before they board the flight. So this group is highly unlikely to be infected; and even if they do get a breakthrough infection after testing, less likely to transmit.

And delta is already in the NSW community, what's one or two more cases?

So I say "So what?" This is such a small deal, not worth worrying about.

👍 Perrottet right call.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    One or two case delta can become thousand of cases in weeks even with lockdown, the experience of NSW and now Victoria are good example. If one or two cases doesn’t matter, then what about thousand of cases ?
    Ok well we've got thousands of cases in the community right now, yet NSW numbers are going down. Why? Vaccination of course.

We'll be hitting 80% fully vaccinated tomorrow they say, and the part-vaxxed is already over 90% and still going up. The current loosening of restrictions is only for fully vaxxed.

Still not sure what the fuss is about 🤔

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I'll say it again, this new guy defo gonna fuck this reopening up. He's just too centred on his old job of Treasurer. Somebody needs to get to this guy and tell him to snap the fuck out of it. Quarantine during a pandemic is literally the only sure bet you can make. Go watch the Godfather 2 and watch the historical scenes when a young Don Corleone gets to the USA. He goes straight to quarantine, because even back then they know better than to let people straight off the transport into the general public.
    This premier guy only has $$$$ in his head Bros. Time to set your own rules for your own safety, this Govt can no longer be trusted to do the right thing now.

EDIT: I'll add, from a political POV, it's really bad to have a new guy now because one of his main missions is bound to be to get popular votes to cement his new position. Now is simply not the time to be doing that!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Stay home and hide under your bed some of us want to get on with things

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I'll say it again, this new guy defo gonna fuck this reopening up. He's just too centred on his old job of Treasurer. Somebody needs to get to this guy and tell him to snap the fuck out of it. Quarantine during a pandemic is literally the only sure bet you can make. Go watch the Godfather 2 and watch the historical scenes when a young Don Corleone gets to the USA. He goes straight to quarantine, because even back then they know better than to let people straight off the transport into the general public.
    This premier guy only has $$$$ in his head Bros. Time to set your own rules for your own safety, this Govt can no longer be trusted to do the right thing now.

EDIT: I'll add, from a political POV, it's really bad to have a new guy now because one of his main missions is bound to be to get popular votes to cement his new position. Now is simply not the time to be doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by 4647 View Post
    Like I said, make your own rules. Good luck out there!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quarantine during a pandemic is literally the only sure bet you can make.
    Quarantine in this pandemic didn't work, VIC and NSW proved that.

It's important to remember that restrictions are now loosening only for fully vaxxed, and international travel for fully vaxxed. These are low risk groups.

Also if you don't feel safe, no one's forcing you to leave your home.

We did the right thing: got fully vaxxed, we're at low risk, we want to get our lives back.

Time to take a chill pill. It's going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWhippy View Post

It's important to remember that restrictions are now loosening only for fully vaxxed, and international travel for fully vaxxed. These are low risk groups.

We did the right thing: got fully vaxxed, we're at low risk, we want to get our lives back.

You speak as if you've seen how it will be like without quarantine. I'll admit, neither have I. Let's see how it pans out then, shall we?

And I said in my post, you make your own rules and look after your own safety as you see fit. I'm not telling anyone to stay home or go out. You make up your own decision and go with that.

And also, you should reserve that chill pill for DP. He's the one going berserk trying to chase every $$$ he thinks the state can get. He needs to chill the fuck out seriously.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    One or two case delta can become thousand of cases in weeks even with lockdown, the experience of NSW and now Victoria are good example. If one or two cases doesn’t matter, then what about thousand of cases ? Btw, I am against any quarantine or isolation for fully vaccinated people and also contact tracing and testing for vaccinated. To me, it is just waste of resources as the Govts, both NSW and Federal, is treating Covid as “influenza” (though they know well it isn’t) in its strategy and approach towards this virus given that they can’t handle it anymore medically and financially after two years.

More resources should be placed in ambulance for those fully vaccinated can’t stand the symptoms and require hospitalization. Testing, isolation, contact tracing for fully vaccinated seems only to protect only the antivaxers (those medically unfit to receive vaccination excluded) who do not want to protect themselves.
    As I stated above. In days of zero covid you would be worried about one or two cases a day coming in from overseas. But when you have 400 cases a day locally, expected to rise back into the thousands (which all the experts say WILL happen) due to easing of restrictions theb two or even 10 cases a day from overseas is nothing. So it comes to a case of balancing risk, and the overseas risk is now minuscule that money in quarantine can and should be invested elsewhere.

Senior Member(無間使者)

It did work. It kept us safer than most countries for the best part of 12+ months. We all want to consider ourselves lucky the system worked as well as it did. Imagine facing a major outbreak without vaccine. But now we have vaccines and now the genie is out of the bottle times have changed.

Senior Member(無間使者)

I’ll say it again too. When you have significant case numbers IN the community already, quarantine of overseas arrivals is going to make little to no difference. More so when you add in extra conditions like needing to be double vaccinated to get on the plane and show a negative covid test.

Speaking of covid tests someone above said it will be a rapid test, what I read was the test is PCR which is not a rapid test. By that it’s done in a lab rather than the rapid tests where a sample goes into a throw away test.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You speak as if you've seen how it will be like without quarantine.
    From my POV it's less about how it will be like, more about what more can you expect?

If at this point you don't think DP should be letting the fully vaxxed out of lockdown, what more do you expect, and what do you think is going to change?

If you can't say what you expect to change, does that mean the fully vaxxed simply need to stay locked down forever?

From my POV it's less about how it will be like, more about what more can you expect?

If at this point you don't think DP should be letting the fully vaxxed out of lockdown, what more do you expect, and what do you think is going to change?

If you can't say what you expect to change, does that mean the fully vaxxed simply need to stay locked down forever?
    I did not say that the fully vaxxed should stay locked down. I said that DP letting international arrivals lose without quarantine, vaxxed or not, was a bad idea because everybody knows that the vaccines do not prevent infection nor do they prevent someone from becoming a carrier. So what is his basis for letting vaxxed arrivals escape quarantine? Apart from trying to make NSW more attractive as a tourist destination, there is no other argument.

I am also against his tendency to suddenly "add-on" more freedoms out of nowhere, again with no basis whatsoever. Increase outdoor gathering size? Based on what? He needs more popular votes? Or increase wedding attendance sizes... Based on what

Senior Member(無間使者)
    So what is his basis for letting vaxxed arrivals escape quarantine?
    The basis is the greater risk is already walking around the streets of Sydney. Those coming in on a plane from overseas now pose very little risk. When we had zero covid different story. And we ain’t going back to zero covid.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    While I am against quarantine, isolation and contact tracing for the fully vaccinated, you are certainly wrong in the eyes of any Public Health professionals and responsible Politicians, otherwise Scott Morrison would not step in and ruled that only fully vaccinated returning citizens or PR can avoid quarantine. Luckily you are nobody who is only expressing an opinion like me and any other persons here.

There are over 2,000 cases daily in South Korea but there is still quarantine requirements at home or hotel for travellers or returning Koreans. In UK, over 60,000 cases daily, still quarantine requirements for all incoming travellers or UK residents whether fully vaccinated or not.

NSW Premier is nothing when compared with the PM of Australia and UK
    Well PM of Australia is going ahead with it the only difference to what NSW premier said was no foreigners except PR’s. And I am sure the NSW premier has received his expert medical advice before making this decision.

As for UK sorry to burst your bubble but if you and I could leave the country today we would be allowed into the UK without quarantine. All you need there is a test within the first few days of arrival and be double vaccinated. They do have certain countries that they consider to be higher risk where there is more restriction and quarantine but they have never ever had anything like the quarantine system we have had here.

As for Korea what’s the vaccination rate? Answer a smidge over 60%. There is your answer why still quarantine there.Also a lower case rate per capita.

Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
    The basis is the greater risk is already walking around the streets of Sydney. Those coming in on a plane from overseas now pose very little risk. When we had zero covid different story. And we ain’t going back to zero covid.
    You're talking about extremes here, brother. Zero COVID may not be achievable, but that doesn't mean you should just let it lose. Compare 400 daily cases to 4000 daily cases. Both are not covid zero, but the effect on the health system will be vastly different.

Having said all that, I did say earlier that all the lockdowns and shit that the Govt has been doing were simply to buy us time so that we can all get vaccinated. They simply cannot continue doing that indefinitely. Now the time has come to open the flood gates. We will all just have to look at our own situation and impose our own restrictions if we think it is the right thing to do.

Good luck to us all!

Banned
    Perrottet should be PM. He’s the only one with conviction, courage and true leadership skills. Scomo has been a disappointment- just a waivering Labor Lite

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You're talking about extremes here, brother. Zero COVID may not be achievable, but that doesn't mean you should just let it lose. Compare 400 daily cases to 4000 daily cases. Both are not covid zero, but the effect on the health system will be vastly different.

Having said all that, I did say earlier that all the lockdowns and shit that the Govt has been doing were simply to buy us time so that we can all get vaccinated. They simply cannot continue doing that indefinitely. Now the time has come to open the flood gates. We will all just have to look at our own situation and impose our own restrictions if we think it is the right thing to do.

Good luck to us all!
    Too late, we are letting loose. What do you think happened in Sydney last Monday and more to come this cuming Monday? Everyone, pollies and medical experts has said case numbers will go up and are expected to be in the thousands not the hundreds a day.

Why that is ok now and not 3 months ago is vaccination levels. Whilst case numbers will go up hospital numbers and deaths won’t go up by the same proportion as case numbers. This has been proven in places like the UK, Israel etc.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I think you all need to calm down, we're almost at 80% vaxx and we're free from travel restrictions in the greater Sydney area and its the weekend. Go out have some fun, blow off some steam, do some shopping.
    I'll be taking the train into the city today and just have a wonder around...but I'll still be wearing a mask, just my personal choice even though I'm double vaxxed.
    I don't really care anymore what the governments do because whatever I say or do they don't give a shit about my opinion or yours they only care about being re elected, look at Qld and WA.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast