Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSW Borders Opening to the World?

Junior Member(有D料到)

NSW Borders Opening to the World?

Have you all read the news that Dom is opening NSW borders to the world? If I am reading correctly, anyone will be able to enter NSW.

What do you guys think of this?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Perrottet thinks he is the Prime Minister now

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I think its because Perrottet comes from a finance background, so all he cares is about the economy and the numbers whereas Gladys does what she thinks is best for the people of NSW, no matter the cost.

As it is always said: "numbers do not lie"

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Only fully vaccinated don't have to qurentine at all. The vaccine have to be approved by TGA. Not vaccinated still have to qurentine.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniMime View Post
    As it is always said: "numbers do not lie"

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
    Also, "Hips don't lie". I think we can all agree on that too

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is all politic talk as usual. He "suggested" the borders "could" open. Also only for fully vaccinated and Australians or PR. We are far from having our borders opened. Remember the travel bubble they were talking about last year...

Quote Originally Posted by surething91 View Post
    This is all politic talk as usual. He "suggested" the borders "could" open. Also only for fully vaccinated and Australians or PR. We are far from having our borders opened. Remember the travel bubble they were talking about last year...
    Pretty sure international border is a Federal decision.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Yes they are!!.........

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    The states would still have a say in who they will let in, and how.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think it's awesome Phuket here I cum

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GallBall2203 View Post
    I think its because Perrottet comes from a finance background, so all he cares is about the economy and the numbers whereas Gladys does what she thinks is best for the people of NSW, no matter the cost.
    In fairness for sometime now the greatest risk of getting covid has been internal rather than returning travellers.

Hotel quarantine made sense when we had a zero covid mentality, but now that is an impossibility the risk of it getting getting worse due to international arrivals is negligible. Especially if we only allow double vaccinated and provide negative test before boarding.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It is. But as the feds have told us for the last 18 months quarantine is a state responsibility.

Scott Morrison has had to do a press conference and basically say "just ignore what the over-excited Catholic schoolboy Premier said"

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    And it is only returning residents first. Like rooter said sco mo had to jump on him

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    And it is only returning residents first. Like rooter said sco mo had to jump on him
    Yeah Perrottet totally lost the plot today. He got way over-excited.
    He said that from November 1 NSW would be open to anyone from anywhere in the world who is double vaccinated to enter NSW - tourists, students, workers, anyone.
    This is completely false and as Premier he has no power to make such a decision anyway.
    PM Morrison had to do a press conference later on to overrule him and clarify things.
    From November 1, Australian residents and citizens currently overseas who are double vaccinated returning to NSW will not have to quarantine.
    And from November 1, Australian residents and citizens who are double vaccinated can go on a trip overseas and upon returning to NSW do not have to quarantine.
    Australia's borders are not yet open to overseas tourists, workers, students etc, except for a few very specific exceptions for very specific people and situations.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Scomo say I m in charge of the Australian border not you new guy. New guy your just control your state border. Very funny 😀. Don't fuck around who is in charge of the country. Now all the states want internation border open come and see me(Scomo).

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Haha, Slenderman Parrot put in his place, over excited. Crazy suggestion if only NSW opens up!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    what a clusterfuck today was...
    I agree with not having to quarantine under those circumstances, but I think a day 2-3 antigen/normal test should still be done.
    Or are we now also saying if you HAVE covid, you dont need to quarantine? Not much is being spoken regarding that.

I'm more worried with Dec 1st no requirement for masks for unvaccinated or vaccinated people anywhere besides public transport.
    That will be a disaster for anyone at higher risk and even some US states have changes rules to bring this back.
    I feel every 'essential' service should continue to require masks.
    For example, you want to punt, go to a restaurant, bar, club etc, its a risk you take...your choice.
    Essential services like groceries, govt agencies, medical centers etc will be used by disabled, high risk and old people who have no choice to use these essential services.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by xcite View Post
    what a clusterfuck today was...
    I agree with not having to quarantine under those circumstances, but I think a day 2-3 antigen/normal test should still be done.
    Or are we now also saying if you HAVE covid, you dont need to quarantine? Not much is being spoken regarding that.

I'm more worried with Dec 1st no requirement for masks for unvaccinated or vaccinated people anywhere besides public transport.
    That will be a disaster for anyone at higher risk and even some US states have changes rules to bring this back.
    I feel every 'essential' service should continue to require masks.
    For example, you want to punt, go to a restaurant, bar, club etc, its a risk you take...your choice.
    Essential services like groceries, govt agencies, medical centers etc will be used by disabled, high risk and old people who have no choice to use these essential services.
    International arrive still have to do a covid test. Non vaccinated still have to do a 14 days qurentine at hotel as normal. This new guy just want to be clever, Socmo have to close him down. We in NSW are going to have a bumpy ride with the new guy on the driver seat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast