Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: QR check in....how many are keen.

Senior Member(無間使者)

QR check in....how many are keen.

Just curious....how many are ok with checking in? and who would prefer no one knew where they've been?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    Just curious....how many are ok with checking in? and who would prefer no one knew where they've been?
    I am single and don't care, it would be problematic for punters with partners and wifes

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carissawhore View Post
    I am single and don't care, it would be problematic for punters with partners and wifes
    There could be a chance in the future that they sell the information of where you check into... for example. Maybe one day when you're trying to get private health insurance, they could possibly take that data of you visiting brothels and increase a premium.

Just something you should think about.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyex28 View Post
    There could be a chance in the future that they sell the information of where you check into... for example. Maybe one day when you're trying to get private health insurance, they could possibly take that data of you visiting brothels and increase a premium.

Do people who smoke have to pay extra premiums? Do alcoholics have to pay extra premiums? The taxes included in the price prop up the medical costs incurred.

Is visiting a brothel a severe health risk? Maybe the government can introduce a tax on sex to recover health related costs in the same way?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    No issues with checking in

I do check in and I have been asked for my vaccine certificate.

I'm not worried about this data being sold, it's more likely to get hacked and leaked.

But I don't think they'll be able like the data back to people if they use hash key cryptography to mask the data.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Of course I would prefer not to check in, but there are a lot of things in life I would prefer and then there is reality.
    If check in is needed to punt then I will check in. Done.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Same with rooter. Not a fan but if that's required to punt then whatever.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Have people been scanning in since this reopening?
    I prefer not having to like most as I usually book so they'll have my number anyway and I'm happy for them to just have a quick glimpse of my vac certificate and give my number a tick of approval lol.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    For those of us who’d rather not leave behind an electronic “paper trail” (I know there’s a fair few of us), do we know which shops are allowing details to be left manually via pen and paper?

(Just to be clear, I have no problem at all with flashing my COVID vaccine certificate stored in my wallet on my iphone.)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yep...that's my issue. I have a separate phone which I use for Wechat. I tell my partner its for business only. To check in with the QR code I would need to use my main phone. I was told they stopped contact tracing when the infection rate rose over 500 a day. They stopped contacting people in greater Sydney that were at an exposed site a couple months ago. I would imagine most places would only want to sight the Vax Cert and that's it.

Banned
    Didn't the government say the QR code was a temporary measure introduced to monitor the spread of the virus and to allow contact tracers to track down infected cases and close contacts? Sounds like it may become a permanent feature in the way we move around in the community.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Didn't the government say the QR code was a temporary measure introduced to monitor the spread of the virus and to allow contact tracers to track down infected cases and close contacts? Sounds like it may become a permanent feature in the way we move around in the community.
    It won’t be a permanent feature.

It will be deprecated pretty soon as the message is we are living with covid. We don’t try and contract trace for exposure to the flu, and this will be the same.

I expect the announcement will be made that it will be turned off in early December when the unvaccinated are allowed to join.

If you think the Liberals want permanent monitoring of the community as they go about their day, then I’ve got a bridge to sell you!

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    For those of us who’d rather not leave behind an electronic “paper trail” (I know there’s a fair few of us), do we know which shops are allowing details to be left manually via pen and paper?

(Just to be clear, I have no problem at all with flashing my COVID vaccine certificate stored in my wallet on my iphone.)
    I think it is mandatory for all shops to offer this facility.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I went to Bellevue 12 today, papasan was there. He asked to see my proof of vaccination and that was it: no check in, no details recorded.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I'm pretty sure they have not put the onus on the business to check every single customer's Vaccine Certificate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    It does not bother me I have nothing to hide, if I had a wife/partner I would not be visiting shops, no judgment that's just me (I was married for many years)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    It does not bother me I have nothing to hide, if I had a wife/partner I would not be visiting shops, no judgment that's just me (I was married for many years)
    I understand and respect that.
    My situation is a bit unorthodox, but still no excuses.
    In 2015 after 25 years married, my marriage was on the rocks. We decided to live together till the house was sold. After 4 months of no sex I started going to rnt places for the first time since being married. Then met an old flame and it was on for young and old for a fair few months. No more RNT as didn't need to.Then separated with wife by end of 2016 had a short relationship with another girl. Then had a couple flings. Didn't need to visit RNT places as was doing fine. Then my wife who insisted on the separation started to want to get back. At first I didn't want to know. But slowly we started seeing more of each other. So at the moment we are back together but still live separately. I love it this way. She would move straight back in in an instant. I started punting again as I have so much free time on my hands.
    Funny, those couple of years I was single, I never punted as was doing ok picking up and had a few memorable experiences. But back in a relationship and just can't help myself to go punting

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar

There was one time many many years ago I was walking along George St near the cinemas with my then wife. An old Chinese lady was handing out flyers and stuck one in my hand. I looked at it: it was a flyer for a nearby brothel. I then looked at my wife and laughingly discarded it on the spot. I looked down on the street and these flyers where everywhere just discarded by everyone. It was laughable, I'm pretty sure the lady handing them out had no freaking idea what the flyers were for!

99 King Member (帝皇會員)

How long will my information be stored for?

The information you submit via the COVID Safe Check-in tool in the Service NSW app and the Service NSW webforms is stored securely for 28 days. After this time, Service NSW will permanently delete the record of your attendance. Any information transferred to NSW Health may be retained for more than 28 days in accordance with the Public Health Order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast