Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do now - cashless payment issues

Senior Member(無間使者)

What to do now - cashless payment issues

The dilemma.

Now that we’re buying almost everything via cashless payments - cards phones watches … Going cashless means everything is viewable on our bank statements and means the odd cash withdrawal is very much noticed !

Punting for me is definitely getting tough to hide from my spouse. So the question is, what are we to do

I mean realistically - how can we obscure our hobbie as we have done to now mostly via cash

- my first thought is it would be great if our favourite shops would set up multiple accounts with reasonable business names so it would seem legit - rather than Fay Lim massage, health club or some such with locations registered right where the shop is.

how about red dragon dumplings , JC electrical or TS Office supplies with addresses elsewhere so if its looked into its

Keen to get some realistic ideas
    Thanks Bro’s!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Just go back to using more cash for things? It is not like it has been banned...

Have a salary disbursement into another account at another bank.

Opt in for electronic statements.

Use a PO Box or another address because they will send letters for important stuff.

Hope your partner doesn't look at your payslips.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I have thus far steadfastly refused to go cashless, especially with so many places either charging card fees/transaction fees, or businesses offering cash discounts. Some of my regular restaurants for example have an unwritten cash discount, around 10%. I have no need to hide my transactions but I make sure I always have a supply of cash on me for this reason. Has saved me a few hundred $ this year alone.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Get "cash out" when you go shopping. Just a small amount each time so it's not too noticeable. Lose the receipt so she doesn't see it.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Take up another “hobby” that needs cash, like gambling, poker with friends, etc. Of course you’re not going to gamble, just say you need the cash for that activity.
    Or even better, stand up for yourself and say it’s your own business what you do with your own money.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Cheers Bro - yes, great suggestion. I had considered this method and might be a good option

Think for me there’s less risk in just taking out the odd smaller withdrawals and Saving up for the punt

The way things are going though I’m keen to look for other means. The more smart ways to do this the better. I get the feeling that cash is king here but would be great to be able to find a way to use credit or debit cards somehow without giving up the game

Banned
    In a few years time, there will be no cash and only digital currency that will be run by the government. I wonder how punters will punt if this takes place. Will you still punt or will you use some other barter means of payment?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    I have thus far steadfastly refused to go cashless, especially with so many places either charging card fees/transaction fees, or businesses offering cash discounts. Some of my regular restaurants for example have an unwritten cash discount, around 10%. I have no need to hide my transactions but I make sure I always have a supply of cash on me for this reason. Has saved me a few hundred $ this year alone.
    Awesome - that’s great advice!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Get "cash out" when you go shopping. Just a small amount each time so it's not too noticeable. Lose the receipt so she doesn't see it.
    Cheers mate - good one ☝️
    Best to note that this still shows on the bank statement as cash out seperately to the grocery payment. Would work for some but unfortunately not for my situation as this would quickly get spotted
    Cheers !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Take up another “hobby” that needs cash, like gambling, poker with friends, etc. Of course you’re not going to gamble, just say you need the cash for that activity.
    Or even better, stand up for yourself and say it’s your own business what you do with your own money.
    Ah another great idea ! Thanks mate

Yeah my situation won’t allow for the stand up for myself approach. A story for another time but I do need to be very careful to maintain my other life

Cheers !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    In a few years time, there will be no cash and only digital currency that will be run by the government. I wonder how punters will punt if this takes place. Will you still punt or will you use some other barter means of payment?
    Mate so true - as much as I don’t think it will completely disappear , the reduction in cash transactions is dropping very fast and even now exposes my transactions to the point that it needs explanation, and hence my thread.

we better get some ideas as to how to work with this so we can continue with our way of life if this trend keeps going the way it is
    It’s going to effect the industry as well so will be interesting to see if they have (or come up with) any clever ways of dealing with it too

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ease View Post
    Cheers mate - good one ☝️
    Best to note that this still shows on the bank statement as cash out seperately to the grocery payment. Would work for some but unfortunately not for my situation as this would quickly get spotted
    Cheers !
    That's a bummer. I haven't done this for a while, and probably didn't need to take much notice back then.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Ok this begs the question, is your.partner an accountant or what the hell did you do to have your activities scrutinised to such an extent?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Ok this begs the question, is your.partner an accountant or what the hell did you do to have your activities scrutinised to such an extent?
    All it takes is a joint bank account. And nowadays the mobile apps notify both accountholders of any spend.

Personally I go with the small amounts of cash method. I've thought about diverting from the payslips but just asking for trouble if she ever gets suspicious.

I've also been to one WL who accepted crypto!!

Baby Member(留言版初哥) Appleofedengarden666's Avatar
    Some shops don't register under "massage" title so still can use your card. I noticed few Thai girls and Filipino girls start trading crypto so can get crypto wallet and you can use it as a payment method too

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    True. Lot of BBQ restaurants around Chinatown offer cash discount

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    True. Lot of BBQ restaurants around Chinatown offer cash discount
    Eastwood and Strathfield also.

A lot of tradies still prefer cash as well.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Why my current partner, I'd no way have a joint acct!! Go the supermarket withdrawal !! A little bit every time . .

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaygee View Post
    Why my current partner, I'd no way have a joint acct!! Go the supermarket withdrawal !! A little bit every time . .
    I don't do joint accounts, not now not ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast