Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do now - cashless payment issues

Banned
    Buy gold and pay the parlours and MLs in gold nuggets.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    All it takes is a joint bank account. And nowadays the mobile apps notify both accountholders of any spend.

Personally I go with the small amounts of cash method. I've thought about diverting from the payslips but just asking for trouble if she ever gets suspicious.

I've also been to one WL who accepted crypto!!
    Yeah I’ve been wondering if crypto might be viable - anonymity is one of the reasons it exists after all. Might have a closer look at this

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    Buy gold and pay the parlours and MLs in gold nuggets.
    :0p. Love it …. That’s … Gold !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    I don't do joint accounts, not now not ever.
    Why, every partnership should have separate accounts and one joint one which is used for loans, food, utilities etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ease View Post
    Yeah I’ve been wondering if crypto might be viable - anonymity is one of the reasons it exists after all. Might have a closer look at this
    Didn't China and India ban crypto currency? The government of other countries will follow too.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Joint accounts are BS. It’s a great way to screw each other when things go pear shaped or on the way there. I’d rather give my partner a supplementary card for her to splurge even if she’s making dough. I have never and would never agree to such a thing. It’s ridiculous bro. Never ever put yourself in that position.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Withdraw small amts from ATM over time. Lunch money, boys night out, clothing alteration, dry cleaners, taxi fare, high cc surcharge so I paid with cash, etc

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Didn't China and India ban crypto currency? The government of other countries will follow too.
    You think they can? They announced things like that many times but the crypto market is still there.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Doesn't matter what China and India do with Crypto. More impt what USA and Aus (that blindly follows the US) do and that is allow Crypto, currently unregulated. If it makes money, even if it increases money laundering, fraud, financial crimes, etc. you can be sure Wall Street and Aus Banks will be on it. CBA is already planning to start selling Crypto too

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Joint accounts are BS. It’s a great way to screw each other when things go pear shaped or on the way there. I’d rather give my partner a supplementary card for her to splurge even if she’s making dough. I have never and would never agree to such a thing. It’s ridiculous bro. Never ever put yourself in that position.
    Just about every marriage guidance service will tell you it is best to have separate accounts and one joint account for bills. Plus a lawyer will tell you it is a no brainer. Don't understand why you are so paranoid.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Just about every marriage guidance service will tell you it is best to have separate accounts and one joint account for bills. Plus a lawyer will tell you it is a no brainer. Don't understand why you are so paranoid.
    Sure would have made my situation easier if I did this from the start ! Unfortunately if I go there now it would be giving the game away
    For me (and I suspect a good percentage of others - but not all for sure) we need to look to cash or other obscured methods

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    As I have said before it's best to go back to good old fashioned barter.
    You bring in some fresh veggies from the garden, some firewood you chopped, some fresh eggs, a piglet, a live chicken, a painting you created, a scarf you knitted, a bow and arrow you made, a kangaroo skin.
    You do a bit of negotiating and it works well.
    Once I exchanged a plough for a ho. That was a pretty good deal. Everyone needs a good ho ... to plough ... and sow some seeds in.
    I think we lost a lot of our humanity when we went from hunter gatherers to farmers, and then some more when we went from farmers to industrial workers, and now a lot more as we go from industrial workers to digital/cyber/virtual/hologram/metaverse/cyborgs whatever the fuck we are becoming now ...
    We gained a lot too of course. Everything comes at a price.
    Enjoy!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    As I have said before it's best to go back to good old fashioned barter.
    You bring in some fresh veggies from the garden, some firewood you chopped, some fresh eggs, a piglet, a live chicken, a painting you created, a scarf you knitted, a bow and arrow you made, a kangaroo skin.
    You do a bit of negotiating and it works well.
    Once I exchanged a plough for a ho. That was a pretty good deal. Everyone needs a good ho ... to plough ... and sow some seeds in.
    I think we lost a lot of our humanity when we went from hunter gatherers to farmers, and then some more when we went from farmers to industrial workers, and now a lot more as we go from industrial workers to digital/cyber/virtual/hologram/metaverse/cyborgs whatever the fuck we are becoming now ...
    We gained a lot too of course. Everything comes at a price.
    Enjoy!
    lol. good idea and a good laugh.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Suggest shops/ girls try Beemit. it's pretty good to use.
    “How many times can the same thing break your heart?”
    As long as you love it

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Tell your partner you want cash in your wallet because you hate CC transaction fees.

Especially if you’re buying a coffee here or there, lunches during the week, going out for dinner.

Easy to say you spent money on lunch when it is actually put towards your massage stash.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by EYA06072021 View Post
    Suggest shops/ girls try Beemit. it's pretty good to use.
    You still need to link an account to Beem it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ease View Post
    :0p. Love it …. That’s … Gold !
    You can't carry gold nuggets around. The price of gold would be more than what the girl would charge at the shop.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The assumption that crypto currencies are necessarily confidential is not always true, as is assumed in some posts. Some folks need to google "Crypto for Dummies" to find out the basics on why/when they are good and why/when not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12