Thread: What's your thoughts on this new covid hotspots?

Senior Member(無間使者)

What's your thoughts on this new covid hotspots?

Has any changed they way they are punting because of this new shit outbreak?
    Feel free to have a yarn about it.
    I'm currently about about 2000km far north west of qld working and get home next week and can't wait for my regular punt... but im unsure now...

Cheers 🍻

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Now the borders are opening, it's pretty much inevitable that it will run rampant through the community. Unless you lock yourself away and never punt again, or go out anywhere for that matter, I think you need to be realistic and expect to come into contact with Covid at some point in the near future. We can't put off the reality of the situation for ever.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Agree wth Popeye, wish people were more realistic. Covid will never ever go away. We can vax and boost as much as we like and may reduce deaths but continual open, close, masks is just ridiculous. Let people live their lives.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Agreed also... we just have to live it it.

But I was more so getting at if ya had a punt and then it was an exposure site.... what kind of excuse would you use?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiejones View Post
    Agree wth Popeye, wish people were more realistic. Covid will never ever go away. We can vax and boost as much as we like and may reduce deaths but continual open, close, masks is just ridiculous. Let people live their lives.
    Stop talking likes its the flu. A disease that has been around for centuries, gives your parents and their parents and their parents etc etc time to develop immunity to it. Herd immunity hasnt worked in Sweden. Covid is not just like the flu where we just wash our hands and get a flu shot once a year. Its much worse. Its Sars 2.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebeer View Post

But I was more so getting at if ya had a punt and then it was an exposure site.... what kind of excuse would you use?
    Went there to pick up something I bought on gumtree 🤣🤣

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebeer View Post

There are hundreds of exposure sites listed on the Qld Gov website. Pick a feasible one and tell your wife that's where you were and that's why you got the message. Of course my wife would want to see the message so I would be buggered. I'm all for contact tracing but I just don't think I'll be punting while they are still doing it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglad View Post
    There are hundreds of exposure sites listed on the Qld Gov website. Pick a feasible one and tell your wife that's where you were and that's why you got the message. Of course my wife would want to see the message so I would be buggered. I'm all for contact tracing but I just don't think I'll be punting while they are still doing it.
    Or use the alternate method of checking in - pen and paper. Some of those names and numbers being written down are almost illegible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeck80 View Post
    Stop talking likes its the flu. A disease that has been around for centuries, gives your parents and their parents and their parents etc etc time to develop immunity to it. Herd immunity hasnt worked in Sweden. Covid is not just like the flu where we just wash our hands and get a flu shot once a year. Its much worse. Its Sars 2.
    My two bobs worth…..

The dream; it’s SARS 2.0…..in another 6 months, it’ll mutate again, and again, weaken its detrimental effects on human health, and self implode, blow itself out? Reality of the fact, Borders are open…..Governments have invited Covid to enter Queensland, with full expectation, every individual, in the State, will contract the virus? According to the new Chief Heath Advisor, ‘the aim is to control Covid’, allowing everyone a chance to get the booster? If that’s the case, 11 days ago, we had no Covid…it’s was being ‘managed’!!!

Since the Border reopened, 257,000 people have entered Queensland……seriously, why do that, why the rush?

I have no fear of dying, who cares, it’s inevitable.
    The fear I have, Long Covid….suffering years of health complications?

IMO, Borders should’ve remained closed…we where doing just fine, thanks!!!

Each to their own, I guess?
    My punting days are on hold, plenty of days ahead….that’s if you have planned for days ahead, I guess?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post

I have no fear of dying, who cares, it’s inevitable.
    The fear I have, Long Covid….suffering years of health complications?

IMO, Borders should’ve remained closed…we where doing just fine, thanks!!!
    I tend to agree with this bit too

Senior Member(無間使者)
    we opened the borders cos we were no longer doing fine.