Thread: Weird conversation - Vietnamese please read.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Weird conversation - Vietnamese please read.

Arrived at one of my usual local shop yesterday.
    Reception arrived and asked me for my covid19 vaccination. I said, i thought the rule changed and we dont need to show it anymore? He said they still need to check. Ok then, show him my proof of vax. No problem.
    Although im pretty sure no one is checking it anymore.

Then he asked if im vietnamese.
    So i answered no.
    He just walked back like i dont even exist.
    I asked is there a reason why.
    He answered "just asking" from a distance.

Just curiousity, is vietnamese now banned from some brothels, or is there some weird mafia shit happening now in Sydney?

(For confidentiality, i decided not to reveal the brothel name)

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Maybe some girls that were working didnt want any viet customers.
    And he was just checking, so that he wouldnt show that girl to a potential viet

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Sex premises, gyms, pubs etc are still supposed to have QR Code check in, but there is no more asking for vax certificate since December 15.
    Maybe the receptionist was not up to date with the rule change.
    As for asking about nationality, that seems like an innocent enough question to me bro.
    He was probably just making conversation.
    I wouldn't worry about it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Sex premises, gyms, pubs etc are still supposed to have QR Code check in, but there is no more asking for vax certificate since December 15.
    Maybe the receptionist was not up to date with the rule change.
    As for asking about nationality, that seems like an innocent enough question to me bro.
    He was probably just making conversation.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Some businesses are still asking for vaccination certificates as a condition of entry which they are entitled to do. I had to show it at Harvey Norman on Thursday night.

Hahahaha, was this N5?

A girl there is not a fan of Viet guys.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hi riff888, which girl is that or even nationality?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Some businesses are still asking for vaccination certificates as a condition of entry which they are entitled to do. I had to show it at Harvey Norman on Thursday night.
    Of course they can ask for your vaccination certificate if they want.
    They are not obliged to by law, but that doesn't mean they cant.
    They can ask you to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star if they want. Its their business and their property and they can impose any conditions of entry they want, as long as they don't contradict any State or Federal laws. And as a customer you have a choice of complying with the conditions and entering, or leaving and taking your business elsewhere.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Cambodians aren't great fans of the Vietnamese. Invasions, big neighbour etc. Maybe a Cambodian lady and something bad happened to a family there way back when...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamit View Post
    Cambodians aren't great fans of the Vietnamese. Invasions, big neighbour etc. Maybe a Cambodian lady and something bad happened to a family there way back when...
    No names but your theory is way off. Just bad experiences with dodgy Viet dudes.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Of course they can ask for your vaccination certificate if they want.
    They are not obliged to by law, but that doesn't mean they cant.
    They can ask you to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star if they want. Its their business and their property and they can impose any conditions of entry they want, as long as they don't contradict any State or Federal laws. And as a customer you have a choice of complying with the conditions and entering, or leaving and taking your business elsewhere.
    Thanks for letting me know the obvious

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i heard from my vietnamese colleagues said they don’t like the people between south and north. I don’t know if he said is true. he also don’t put a viet flag onto his name tag. as some of their people are offended. is this true from viet people?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    i heard from my vietnamese colleagues said they don’t like the people between south and north. I don’t know if he said is true. he also don’t put a viet flag onto his name tag. as some of their people are offended. is this true from viet people?
    Hay yah just like we in Sydney don't like people from Melbourne or Brisbane or Perth.In America the north east don't like people from southern part of US. In Sydney people don't like to people from southwest.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Hay yah just like we in Sydney don't like people from Melbourne or Brisbane or Perth.In America the north east don't like people from southern part of US. In Sydney people don't like to people from southwest.
    Ah, not like that at all. You do remember there was a very brutal and extended war between N and S Vietnam??

Yes the Northern Vietnamese were communist friendly and there are more in Melbourne, there's more South Vietnamese in Sydney.

There's also rivalry between Vietnamese and Chinese background Vietnamese, who are wealthier and are business owners.

If you run a business, you will like all sorts of people, all races, sometimes it’s the girls who specify some races they don’t want to meet for fear of running into acquaintances..
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Asking for someone's specific nationality seems like a pretty innocent question to me, especially if the person asking just wants to confirm a hunch.

Although having quite a lot of Viet friends myself, i know that a lot of the older South Vietnamese generation don't particularly like the North Vietnamese. A big generalisation but i generally don't question it especially since they view the north as having invaded and fled the country to be here.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    He's probably Vietnamese himself and thought if you were also Viet he could have some small chat with you

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    He could be looking at your Vax cert to checkout your surname

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Always the possibility that one or more of the girls is Viet and doesn't want to see any for fear of being recognised etc. Could be any one of the reasons above. Wouldn't dwell on it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Always the possibility that one or more of the girls is Viet and doesn't want to see any for fear of being recognised etc. Could be any one of the reasons above. Wouldn't dwell on it too much.
    Probably?

Just like some Korean WLs don’t see Korean and Indian girls serve all but Indians. Etc. they may not stated on the roster and ads but the receptionist or Mamasan would know. Same with Asians only! It’s their choice and right. Move on, plenty of fish in the ocean .

Cheers