Thread: Are prices on the rise or what

Senior Member(無間使者)

Are prices on the rise or what

Just bumped into this ad on Locanto for a Shop in Lawnton:

https://m.locanto.com.au/brisbane/ID...n-For-You.html

$50 for half and hour and $80 for the hour!!! FMD!!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cekret View Post

Pretty standard for a legit professional massage or Spa type treatment. Possibly trying to suggest they are in that market and not the one most of us here are looking for, despite the mention of extras in the ad

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I read it as they think they are more high class so extra increase. Re pics, and wording they are in the business, " Darling" lol
    The trouble is less clients are going to try with those prices so they are really shooting themselves in the foot unless ....
    the $80 includes HJ in pricing. But can't imagine 30 mins $50 is inclusive.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    So who’s gonna take a hit for the team

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    So who’s gonna take a hit for the team
    Not a hope in hell Darling

Senior Member(無間使者)

And thats opening special price.....wtf

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Note though - "ask about our special cash price discount".

Honestly i'm surprised more outlying suburban shops don't increase prices, they don't have that much competition close by.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm actually surprised the hourly rate is basically the same as it was 10 - 15 years ago. I can guarantee everything from rent to electricity would have gone up substantially in that time.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Around about now the thought occurs "probably shouldn't have posted that" lol

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncybouncy View Post
    Around about now the thought occurs "probably shouldn't have posted that" lol
    Quite the reverse Bouncy x 2 - Outlying suburban shops should lower their prices to encourage more patronage.
    Would you drive to Lawton when you can get better prices and prob better service in the CBD?
    Outlying suburban shops are killing off their own trade by posting high prices = dumb business sense.
    Look at where the popular and well patronized shops are located. Not rocket surgery! lol
    4FoW2

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Actually that is a bloody good point, killing their market. Maybe that's just sticker price w locals knowing a better local rate.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    Quite the reverse Bouncy x 2 - Outlying suburban shops should lower their prices to encourage more patronage.
    Would you drive to Lawton when you can get better prices and prob better service in the CBD?
    Outlying suburban shops are killing off their own trade by posting high prices = dumb business sense.
    Look at where the popular and well patronized shops are located. Not rocket surgery! lol
    4FoW2
    You do realise that there are actual people that live in these areas as well. I assume the shops have opened in these outlying areas to tap into the market where there are not many shops. Just like some people won't travel far to visit these shops, others from these areas won't travel far to visit the inner suburbs shops. I suspect if they have low patronage, it is more to do with quality of ML than location.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye96 View Post
    I suspect if they have low patronage, it is more to do with quality of ML than location.
    I have always wondered about this point - if you were a ML good at your job, is it best to work at a "high end" shop where there are plenty of punters walking through the door but you are competing with other ML's who are good at the job, or a "low end" shop where you might be able to trade on your popularity over the other ML's who aren't as good?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    I have always wondered about this point - if you were a ML good at your job, is it best to work at a "high end" shop where there are plenty of punters walking through the door but you are competing with other ML's who are good at the job, or a "low end" shop where you might be able to trade on your popularity over the other ML's who aren't as good?

Probably the mix - the working space, the commute, the personalities (of colleagues and patrons) and the pay.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    Maybe ask those ex employees of certain well patronized shops who now have opened up their own shops.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I can pop my head in and confirm it's a generic boiler joint, but there enough hints in the ad already.

If I were to go to Lawnton and pay $80 for a massage then it's probably $100 extra for a bad nude handjob, in which case I'd rather just go one suburb more to Kallangur and bang Jennifer Li for an hour.