Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you or are you already punting less because of the rising cases?

Senior Member(無間使者)

Will you or are you already punting less because of the rising cases?

Just a thought for all the bros out there, are you or will be punting less because of the rising cases?

I have decided that the risk will be only increasing and have decided to take a break from here. Plus also the festive season has some of my favourite girls on holidays and that helps too.

Dont have access to private arrangements beside 1 but very pricey so will play it safe for the next while and do the wait and see approach.

I punted three times in the last week which was much more than usual as a way to finish off the year...

Had a great one today to finish off the year so hopefully those memories can sustain the urge.

Merry Xmas bros...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster18 View Post
    Just a thought for all the bros out there, are you or will be punting less because of the rising cases?

I have decided that the risk will be only increasing and have decided to take a break from here. Plus also the festive season has some of my favourite girls on holidays and that helps too.

Dont have access to private arrangements so will play it safe for the next while and do the wait and see approach.

I punted three times in the last week which was much more than usual as a way to finish off the year...

Had a great one today to finish off the year so hopefully those memories can sustain the urge.

Merry Xmas bros...
    Thanks for heads up
    Enjoy family gatherings for break and some establishments closed as well

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Punted last Tue and the week before. Was going to last night but decided against it. Imagine catching it and a. Ruining Christmas for the family and b. Having to explain where you caught it

Maybe wait til next year

Banned
    It sure is a real worry now. I heard from my friend of some strip clubs closing up for Christmas because many girls had come down with the new variant. It will affect the brothels and massage shops too!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Undoubtedly already has.
    You just don't hear....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have stopped punting till the New Year. Don't want to fuck up Christmas and get my booster just after Christmas. Will play it by ear from there.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Planned to go for shopping on Boxing Day but probably not a good idea. Hard to buy shoes without trying them on, though. Going out is okay, but Boxing Day would be too much.

knocked one out today, but the city was a bit strange. My regular pub decided to close for a few days, as did many regular shops. Difficult to punt this time of year anyway, with all the social and family activities.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I snuck in a couple of sessions last week with two current faves, but that's it until this wave passes, or until I've actually caught and recovered from it.
    It feels like it could be quite a while before I'm back punting again. 😭

Banned
    I have completely stopped punting 2 weeks ago. Would only think about venturing into it when I have my booster after first week of January.

Stay safe and Merry Christmas all.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I've stopped. Last punt was 2 weeks ago. Not worth the risk at this stage. Given how many cases there are I would guess a few WLs and MLs have already caught it. I dont want to ruin xmas and new years for friends or family.

Time to take a break. Enjoy food, beer and wine. Relax, unwind. And catch up with family.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Noticed some shops have already closed for holidays. (eg.. 227 NS) I think this is sensible approach considering the current circumstances.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Back in NSW now and had a punt last week. But will have a week off and will venture out agan from the 1st. Got the luxury of being single so if i feel unwell ill just stay in get a rapid test after 3 or 4 days then bobs your uncle. If we are going to live with this rules need to be relaxed, responsibility on you especially after booster. Ah yeah if your unvaxxed by choice and get really crook end up in icu hopefully they introduce that you pay for your visit, $4500 a day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgyboy View Post
    Back in NSW now and had a punt last week. But will have a week off and will venture out agan from the 1st. Got the luxury of being single so if i feel unwell ill just stay in get a rapid test after 3 or 4 days then bobs your uncle. If we are going to live with this rules need to be relaxed, responsibility on you especially after booster. Ah yeah if your unvaxxed by choice and get really crook end up in icu hopefully they introduce that you pay for your visit, $4500 a day.
    If people are in hospital because they 'chose' to smoke or not live a healthy lifestyle despite all information out there about the potential risks should we also impose the $4500 fee on them? If a person wants to get vaxxed or remain unvaxxed it's their choice. Let's not forget workers who pay Medicare levy to support the public health system in Australia. If you want to bar the unvaxxed from hospitals because they made a choice while also paying their levy and private insurance it won't occur because it's discriminatory. In addition, hospitals cannot refuse patients. They are bound to treat all people regardless of their race, religion, certain beliefs and vaccination status.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Good to see there are people with common sense. I stopped punting just before the 15th when the restrictions for unvaxxed people were lifted to see how it'd go. Too bad it's coincided with the new variant and rising cases. Will stop for the near future now.

Merry Christmas everyone and hope you all stay safe!

Banned
    This Thursday I went to Coles and Woolies in the city for some grocerlies. After I came home a day later I got 2 SMS from Service NSW alerting me I was in both supermarkets with a Corvid case each.

Had I been to a parlour with a Omicron case I would be probably heading to a hospital now. It would look like a Russian roulette.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    This Thursday I went to Coles and Woolies in the city for some grocerlies. After I came home a day later I got 2 SMS from Service NSW alerting me I was in both supermarkets with a Corvid case each.

Had I been to a parlour with a Omicron case I would be probably heading to a hospital now. It would look like a Russian roulette.
    Bro, the entire City area is in a bad shape. Take a look at the active cases map. It used to be only light red colour, now it is in black, meaning highest density of cases.

I stopped scanning QR codes when it became non-mandatory. I also stopped going out much because the numbers were so high. Then on the 21st I went to see some Christmas lights thing and decided to just scan it, and also the next day I went to Priceline and scanned that too. I got COVID alerts on both those visits. That's 2 out of 2 scans having an alert, even when QR codes were still not mandatory.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    When we were all getting vaccinated the area that had the lowest double vaccinated rates were City Of Sydney in all of NSW besides Byron Bay. This current wave has City Of Sydney with the most cases. So unfortunately it’s a virtual no go zone.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It’s suck to order shoes online but I’m more concerned about the crowd in Boxing Day. Should I go out or not? Still not be able to decide yet

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    It’s suck to order shoes online but I’m more concerned about the crowd in Boxing Day. Should I go out or not? Still not be able to decide yet
    How desperately do you need the shoes?
    You could be fine, avoid being a close contact and get the shoes, but you could also wind up being a positive case and ruining New Years and the first couple of weeks of January for yourself (and potentially any family, partners or close friends). I've bought shoes online and I'd say out of 6 pairs 2 have not worked out because the sizing wasn't quite right, especially as I have what my kid calls "Hank McCoy Beast feet." (My 2nd toes are as long as some kids fingers...)
    I would personally err on the side of caution, preferring to pay a little over today's price in a week or two for the shoes rather than risk it, but I also hate crowds and shopping to me is a tiresome chore best done when absolutely necessary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast