Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you or are you already punting less because of the rising cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Yougottabe View Post
    When we were all getting vaccinated the area that had the lowest double vaccinated rates were City Of Sydney in all of NSW besides Byron Bay. This current wave has City Of Sydney with the most cases. So unfortunately it’s a virtual no go zone.
    Sydney (576), and Canterbury Bankstown (460) are the two LGA with the most new cases yesterday .

Boxing Day shopping in the City is surely going to be a super spreader event . Stay safe and stay away man !

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster18 View Post
    Noticed some shops have already closed for holidays. (eg.. 227 NS) I think this is sensible approach considering the current circumstances.
    Noticed that 485 Parramatta Rd was still opened around 11pm on Xmas Day, in case anyone is desperate for a punt?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    How desperately do you need the shoes?
    You could be fine, avoid being a close contact and get the shoes, but you could also wind up being a positive case and ruining New Years and the first couple of weeks of January for yourself (and potentially any family, partners or close friends). I've bought shoes online and I'd say out of 6 pairs 2 have not worked out because the sizing wasn't quite right, especially as I have what my kid calls "Hank McCoy Beast feet." (My 2nd toes are as long as some kids fingers...)
    I would personally err on the side of caution, preferring to pay a little over today's price in a week or two for the shoes rather than risk it, but I also hate crowds and shopping to me is a tiresome chore best done when absolutely necessary.
    True. I need shoes for new career opportunity but yeah, better to pay a little bit more to buy safeness.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by storry_teller View Post
    True. I’m a bit in hardship atm and need shoes for new career opportunity but yeah, better to pay a little bit more to buy safeness.
    When do you need them by? If you don't need them until the new year then hold out, let the crowds die down, then get them. Weather later this week will be a bit wet so that might deter people from hitting the shops, especially if case numbers go up again in the next few days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Noticed that 485 Parramatta Rd was still opened around 11pm on Xmas Day, in case anyone is desperate for a punt?
    64A Artarmon and 107 North Strathfield are open today too.

And I'm sure some will have "private arrangements" with their regulars over the holidays.

Banned
    When do you need them by? If you don't need them until the new year then hold out, let the crowds die down, then get them. Weather later this week will be a bit wet so that might deter people from hitting the shops, especially if case numbers go up again in the next few days.
    Everyone rushes on Boxing Day to get those elusive bargains. Given the latest developments with the new variant, why not wait and you will see prices will be slashed further in the next week.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Everyone rushes on Boxing Day to get those elusive bargains. Given the latest developments with the new variant, why not wait and you will see prices will be slashed further in the next week.
    That's a possibility too, especially if people do stay away as the week goes on. Either way heading out today doesn't seem the way to go. Stay home, watch the cricket, finish the food and drink left over from yesterday, catch up on some nap time, head to the park for some exercise, just avoid anywhere hordes of people will gather.

Banned
    'We're all going to get Omicron': NSW Health Minister expects everybody in NSW will contract virus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    https://www.bestong.com.au/business_details.php?Tag=890

How come the girls there don't have hour glass waists? Don't they go to the gym at all?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    https://www.bestong.com.au/business_details.php?Tag=890

How come the girls there don't have hour glass waists? Don't they go to the gym at all?
    If you've been in lockdown for some time and couldn't access gyms then you will put on a few kilos too. What's an extra kilo or two these days? As long as she is pretty and gives you a good workout then you should be satisfied.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I was in the city today with the kids for the sales, scanned in everywhere. I've also had alerts from health saying I could have been a close contact in Burwood a couple of weeks ago.
    All they ask is "if you have symptoms get tested", I haven't had symptoms so I didn't need to get tested.

The Nike store in centrepoint had some great eye candy, lots of skinny young girls wearing tight leggings shorts and tops...cameltoe everywhere you looked.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    I was in the city today with the kids for the sales, scanned in everywhere. I've also had alerts from health saying I could have been a close contact in Burwood a couple of weeks ago.
    All they ask is "if you have symptoms get tested", I haven't had symptoms so I didn't need to get tested.

The Nike store in centrepoint had some great eye candy, lots of skinny young girls wearing tight leggings shorts and tops...cameltoe everywhere you looked.
    Yeah I was around that area too. Just went to have a look how big were the crowds. It was quite crowded, but no where near as crowded as it normally would’ve been on Boxing Day. I saw a lot of people had masks on too. I didn’t really go into any shop though, just went to have a look how’s the situation. The most crowded shop in Westfield was Gucci… looks like they just let everyone in there without care about capacity, it was chock a block in there!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yeah, I had a look in there as well. But I thought Zara had more people in it, especially downstairs in the kids/teens section.

I've already had a covid alert for Myer today, "monitor for symptoms. If you are unwell get a covid-19 test." We were only in there for 24 minutes and 15 of those were going up then down the escalators.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    Yeah, I had a look in there as well. But I thought Zara had more people in it, especially downstairs in the kids/teens section.

I've already had a covid alert for Myer today, "monitor for symptoms. If you are unwell get a covid-19 test." We were only in there for 24 minutes and 15 of those were going up then down the escalators.
    I was in a shop for 3 minutes on Thursday and got an alert. Another for 4 minutes Friday and got an alert.

Well, I thought fuck it and went in. There was 10% off Creed @ Myer, couldn’t pass that up. Got myself a bottle of Green Irish Tweed and Aventus. At least I’ve sorted out the smell department for at least 2 years, lol! Green Irish Tweed man, incredible scent. Unmistakable and so musky thanks to the abundant ambergris in it.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    lol wtf ppl still shop in a physical store these day? i don't remember the last time i went into a retail shop, except for woolies, aldi and the occasional liquor store, that's it. i bought so much shit online the parcel postman is my BFFF now and he says he is averaging $13000~$14000 a month during lockdown and still busy now.

Quote Originally Posted by csda View Post
    lol wtf ppl still shop in a physical store these day? i don't remember the last time i went into a retail shop, except for woolies, aldi and the occasional liquor store, that's it. i bought so much shit online the parcel postman is my BFFF now and he says he is averaging $13000~$14000 a month during lockdown and still busy now.
    For me it's more about the eyecandy than anything else. Lots of nice young girls like to go out shopping. I get to ogle them, and buy my stuff along the way too.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Me too, as I said above the PYTs at nike in centrepoint in their tight tight shorts were great to look at and luckily my eldest wanted a pair of shoes. Great excuse to kneel down and basically have a conversation with their pussys. There were 3 of them circling me, 2 asian 1 aussie

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    That's why I spend so much time in Eastwood and Strathfield. My dentist? Cute Korean. My hairdresser? Cute Korean. Optometrist? Same. Grab a coffee? Served by cute Koreans. Bakery? Cute Vietnamese. Mortgage Broker? Receptionist is cute Korean. Restaurants where I regularly grab a bite? Owners are usually Ajumma who love me because I sweet talk them BUT they have cute waitresses also.

That reminds me, I need to plan a visit to the optometrist, my day to day glasses are due for a change. Hope my Princess Hotcheeks hasn't moved on.

That's why I spend so much time in Eastwood and Strathfield. My dentist? Cute Korean. My hairdresser? Cute Korean. Optometrist? Same. Grab a coffee? Served by cute Koreans. Bakery? Cute Vietnamese. Mortgage Broker? Receptionist is cute Korean. Restaurants where I regularly grab a bite? Owners are usually Ajumma who love me because I sweet talk them BUT they have cute waitresses also.

That reminds me, I need to plan a visit to the optometrist, my day to day glasses are due for a change. Hope my Princess Hotcheeks hasn't moved on.
    Mate, I really enjoy these retail "scenarios" where we get to flirt to our heart's content, so long as the other party is happy to go along with it. It's a great workout for the old heart!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast