Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Lice. Can we discuss this

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Body Lice. Can we discuss this

My punting buddy went to one of the lower cost brothels in Sydney (no names) in June this year.
    He has since developed a general body itch. Saw a GP and was diagnosed as having body lice, not scabies
    Told to buy Lyclear (permethrin 5% cream) from the pharmacist
    Apparently the lice lays eggs in your clothes so you need to wash clothes in hot water
    Had to keep washing his blankets and pillows and clothes. Terrified he would pass the lice to friends and family
    The lice eggs must hatch in his clothes, as he is woken up repeatedly at night with feeling of crawling
    There is no rash, just an unmistakable crawly itch, mainly at night
    He told me the story as he ruined a pair of pure wool trousers as they didn't survive the hot water wash. He doesn't work with kids so it was definitely punting related

Anyone else ever had this lice infection?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    God that is disgusting, I never knew about body lice, obviously everyone knows head lice but the next closest thing I thought was either bed bugs or pubic crabs.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Not sure if it was bed bugs the doctor said, but my mate said body lice. May be the same thing

He is well groomed and tidy. We all joke that he is a clean freak actually. He knew as soon as he got home the brothel was the issue. He regrets lowering his standards and going to a cheaper shop

Shops definitely clean towels but in the cheaper places do they ever clean the sheets and mattresses? Doubt it. Fumigation in any brothel is probably rare
    Just takes 1 unhygienic customer to ruin your month

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The Doctor diagnosed Body Lice, not Pubic lice nor Head lice so the cause of infestation is more likely to be through clothing or grubby bedding. Punting sounds like an excuse rather than a proven cause.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Aussieguyinsf's Avatar
    No, let’s pass On this discussion

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I’ve mention this in the pass, especially with w/ls with hairy bushes, she might be a clean person, but that doesn’t mean 1/10 blokes she fucked before you earlier that day was clean,

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    This must happen more than is discussed, there must be others who have been affected
    Not all customers are well groomed and of good hygeine. Im sure WLs could retell stories of the grimy men that visit brothels

Wasn't sure how common this issue is, and how to prevent the problem, thats all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    He told me the story as he ruined a pair of pure wool trousers as they didn't survive the hot water wash. He doesn't work with kids so it was definitely punting related
    If you're trying to disinfect material that is cold-wash only, use a garment steamer. Lice eggs can be killed with temperatures between 60-70°C.

Alternatively you can soak the items in water soluble eucalyptus solution like Eureka. Or soak them in hydrogen peroxide mixed with water.

The shop probably hired a homeless person as a sex worker. She needs to wash herself with medicated soap & shampoo regularly to kill off any lice she brought over from her sleeping place. Most of these bugs are found naturally in rats and other wild mammals, and transfers itself onto humans who live within the same area.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJones View Post
    If you're trying to disinfect material that is cold-wash only, use a garment steamer. Lice eggs can be killed with temperatures between 60-70°C.

Alternatively you can soak the items in water soluble eucalyptus solution like Eureka. Or soak them in hydrogen peroxide mixed with water.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJones View Post
    The shop probably hired a homeless person as a sex worker.
    Thanks for this info.

I'm a bit confused, sorry
    I presumed most Asian brothels employ women who can afford to pay for accommodation. Some WLs can't afford decent accommodation, don't receive enough income, is that an issue in Sydney?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    I’ve mention this in the pass, especially with w/ls with hairy bushes, she might be a clean person, but that doesn’t mean 1/10 blokes she fucked before you earlier that day was clean,
    That's spot on, bro.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thanks for this info. What is the link between homeless people and lice, whats the connection? They are sleeping near animals or rats?

Also, I presume most Asian brothels employ women who can afford to pay for accommodation
    When I googled body lice the first result said the same thing, people who are most at risk are war refugees, homeless, or displaced by natural disasters because they are all in crowded and unsanitary conditions. I would say because they do not have regular hot showers and washed clothing, plus a lot of close contact conditions makes sure the lice spread fast.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Caught this from a shop once too, you never know who's visited before you. Best thing to do is search your body for eggs attached to the base of your hair and remove them, and the lice themselves. Sometimes they look like blood blisters. Then cover yourself in the lotion. It burns, but they didn't come back.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    ]Body Lice - Can we discuss this
    No, preferably not, especially when I'm just enjoying a morning coffee ..... much more pleasurable things to discuss ...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjj View Post
    Best thing to do is search your body for eggs attached to the base of your hair and remove them, and the lice themselves. Sometimes they look like blood blisters. Then cover yourself in the lotion. It burns, but they didn't come back.
    Just take Ivermectin.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I got scabies many years ago when I was a young man in my Jack Kerouac phase on the road and living dirty.
    Saw a doc and he prescribed Lyclear. Applied it from the neck down to the toes. Get two tubes just to be safe especially if you are a big boy.
    two days later , problem solved all good.
    I am pretty sure body lice is the same thing as scabies.
    Bed bugs are definitely a different thing.
    Body lice/scabies lay eggs underneath your skin.
    You have to kill the eggs! And then it clears.
    bed bugs just bite you and go away. You just have to relieve the itching and then it clears.
    Either way it is not a major health issue.
    You will be OK in a few days.
    Scabies, STIs, bed bugs, glandular fever/mono, too much alcohol, cocaine, ecstasy etc these are the wonderful and beautiful diseases of youth, you get over them very quickly.
    When you are an old cunt and have to deal with Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, stroke, dementia, Parkinson's, emphysema and just being an grumpy old cunt you will look back fondly on the days when your only problem was an itch or a rash ... you will wish for that itch ... and that rash
    Enjoy! Enjoy brothers! Enjoy!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Love reading Rooter's post not just funny but makes lots of sense

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Thanks jamesjj. Being someone who knows what I'm on about. Surprised it's never been discussed before

This is not about outing shops, this about discussing how common or not the issue is
    Im sure it also happen with MLs who have their hands all over people's skin and lower back all day

I imagine that some ML/WL when first arriving in Sydney are provided with less than ideal accommodation

I recall I must also have got body lice or bedbugs in 2021 when my company boarded me in a cheaper hotel in Singleton for 5 days
    I remember night itches and using some shampoo from the chemist
    I had to wash my clothes a few times at least
    I was too embarrassed to tell the hotel manager when I checked out. I definitely will tell the hotel and room cleaners next time. It's not about asking for a refund because it's hard to prove. It's more about increasing awareness
    I bet cheaper hotels change bedsheets but not fumigate the mattress

This bug condition isn't dangerous but it's very uncomfortable and inconvenient
    My mate had to change his clothes and sheets daily for a few weeks

Please let me know anyone else who have had this problem when punting. Don't name the shop please, just your experience

Junior Member(有D料到)
    People with sensitive skin also gets these a lot maybe he should pop a Claratyne before anything else

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Number one reason why you shouldn't eat in bed, all the microscopic food spillage onto the bed, blankets, pillows attracts all kinds of creepy crawlies.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I got scabies many years ago when I was a young man in my Jack Kerouac phase on the road and living dirty.
    Saw a doc and he prescribed Lyclear. Applied it from the neck down to the toes. Get two tubes just to be safe especially if you are a big boy.
    two days later , problem solved all good.
    I am pretty sure body lice is the same thing as scabies.
    Scabies are tiny, much smaller than Body Lice and they itch much more, because they burrow little tunnels beneath the skin, rather than just bite. I and 5 of my 6 Uni flatmates got them. The Doc said we should all get the treatment Rooter described, and it worked though we had to be 'creamed up' twice, because apparently the cream doesn't kill their eggs, so you have to wait for them to hatch to get the remainder with the second treatment one week later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast