Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum bug? Unable to read beyond page 1

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar

Forum bug? Unable to read beyond page 1

Anyone else have the same problem? On mobile, some threads cannot load beyond page 1 of the thread. I tap on any other page, it just stays on page 1. Like this one:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...irls-in-Sydney

I also notice bro Leslie seems to be more prone to creating threads like these. He’s also got another thread for SBM reviews with the same weird behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Anyone else have the same problem? On mobile, some threads cannot load beyond page 1 of the thread. I tap on any other page, it just stays on page 1. Like this one:

I also notice bro Leslie seems to be more prone to creating threads like these. He’s also got another thread for SBM reviews with the same weird behaviour.
    It works for me with no problems.

It could be the browser. I had a slow loading problem with Chrome the other day, the screen just froze up until it’s loaded. I ended up deleting the app, and downloaded it fresh, then it worked.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

which os ? which browser ?

Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    which os ? which browser ?
    Chrome 96.0.4664.116
    IOS 15.2

Can't be browser or OS. I'm also getting the same behaviour on my android tablet running:
    Chrome 96.0.4664.114
    Android 11

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not happening to me at the moment but has done that to me on my Android tablet in the past

Junior Member(有D料到)
    It happens on my android phone from time to time as well. But the same thread works on desktop with no problem. I would consider it as a bug.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    are you using normal or incognito mode ?

Banned
    I see a conspiracy going on here!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Can't be browser or OS. I'm also getting the same behaviour on my android tablet running:
    Chrome 96.0.4664.114
    Android 11
    I have same problem it works if change to desk top mode

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Have the same issue with andriod chrome browser. Specially top ryde/ryde massage and some other threads cannot remember.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Been wanting to post the same thing. It is true, it has been happening to me for months!

Weird thing is it is only thread created by brother Leslie. Shame because some of the threads have good info

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sydpunt View Post
    Been wanting to post the same thing. It is true, it has been happening to me for months!

Weird thing is it is only thread created by brother Leslie. Shame because some of the threads have good info
    I experienced the same issue with Leslie's informative threads. Just see the first pages but wouldn't allow to see the next pages. It always reverts to the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by papito View Post
    Same same, works fine if clicking full site / desktop mode. Although also works if I can access via last poster.

e.g. Leslie’s Japanese girls thread. I can see on mobile menu that the last post was by kingwally, so if I click on his profile and then his recent posts I can access the last page of that thread through there. Go figure.
    That's brilliant, bro, thanks a lot for the tip!
    I will use this method going forward.
    Since it seems to always happen on threads started by bro Leslie, I think it may have something to do with his computer hardware or mobile. Maybe his threads contain special characters that the forum cannot handle and just crashes the page?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It happened awhile ago on the Japanese ML thread , and I found a work around as discussed above , however the issue on that thread was corrected weeks back

is Leslie up to something. … discuss.

Far more entertaining than speculative Covid and venue closures.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah happens to me on mobile-android-chrome. If I load desktop site it works. Only happens on threads created by Leslie

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Oh how quickly the conspiracy theories and wild ass speculation begins...

It's a bug in the mobile template - specifically it's not correctly encoding the URL for the later pages on some threads. So when it's used, it's close enough to work out which thread to show but not the right page / post.
    Those reading along might have noted I used 'some threads' and be wondering which ones. I'm glad you asked, the magic (or not so magic) is when the thread title starts with an emoji or icon. It handles titles with emojis, in the middle correctly. It's not related to the thread creator and appears to be OS / browser agnostic (I don't have all the combinations handy to check).

As pointed out, the full site works fine. So the workaround is to look at those threads from the full site.

mp

PS - Admin, if you want more details of what I found PM me.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The emoji... remembered some shop roster threads had the same problem. Yep they all start with an emoji, interesting

99 Premium Member (特級會員) Leslie75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mp.syd View Post
    Oh how quickly the conspiracy theories and wild ass speculation begins...

It's a bug in the mobile template - specifically it's not correctly encoding the URL for the later pages on some threads. So when it's used, it's close enough to work out which thread to show but not the right page / post.
    Those reading along might have noted I used 'some threads' and be wondering which ones. I'm glad you asked, the magic (or not so magic) is when the thread title starts with an emoji or icon. It handles titles with emojis, in the middle correctly. It's not related to the thread creator and appears to be OS / browser agnostic (I don't have all the combinations handy to check).

As pointed out, the full site works fine. So the workaround is to look at those threads from the full site.

mp

PS - Admin, if you want more details of what I found PM me.
    Thanks mate
    And appreciates your explanations
    YMMV Earned not Demanded
    Enjoy. No Expectations & No Disappointments

Awesome work, mp!
    Now, I'm not trying to fuel any conspiracy theories here, but it is "kind of" related to the thread creators, in the sense that some creators are more prone to using emojis in their thread titles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast