Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WLs and crypto

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    Not exactly. eg. Residential propery investment is a bit like reverse child sponsoring. In that case you get updates on the child's progress and nice photos of them. Your investment in them is personalised. The same is true with residential property. It is personalised. You know it is just one individual person you are riding on. Sitting on their shoulders as they groan under your weight, occasionally beating them with a riding crop.

It is why I've avoided that form of investment, at night in bed I just couldn't stand that thought. I prefer that my investment is spread painlessly over many stocks. A lot may lose a little to benefit you but they don't feel it.
    I have to say, that’s a pretty convincing argument you make there.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by footboy2012 View Post
    i personally have 4 resi properties (mix of units and townhouse) and I think it is providing a service to people - i.e. I personally don't care about pets, always fix problems and generally only raise rents every 2 years within market rate

I don't think anyone is being screwed - the government is unable to provide houses for everyone, so they need private landlords to increase supply
    But that’s just rationalising it, or sugar-coating it. Besides, is it the government’s job to “provide houses for everyone”?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    Not exactly. eg. Residential propery investment is a bit like reverse child sponsoring. In that case you get updates on the child's progress and nice photos of them. Your investment in them is personalised. The same is true with residential property. It is personalised. You know it is just one individual person you are riding on. Sitting on their shoulders as they groan under your weight, occasionally beating them with a riding crop.

It is why I've avoided that form of investment, at night in bed I just couldn't stand that thought. I prefer that my investment is spread painlessly over many stocks. A lot may lose a little to benefit you but they don't feel it.
    Agreed bro. That’s why I make it a point not to invest or speculate on residential. Once you understand how it works, it is hard to get past the conscience part of it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    But that’s just rationalising it, or sugar-coating it. Besides, is it the government’s job to “provide houses for everyone”?
    Grow up, it is not the governments job to provide houses for everyone.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    With a measly four posts to your name, and without ever having met me, you are not in a position to pass judgement.
    And yet here we are...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Grow up, it is not the governments job to provide houses for everyone.
    Your comment is misdirected, squirt. I was replying to the post above by footboy2012: “I don't think anyone is being screwed - the government is unable to provide houses for everyone, so they need private landlords to increase supply

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Cryptocurrency is our future, and it's silly to deny it. Right now, this currency is not backed by anything, but who says it is forever?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    There is no single correct solution. You can invest in currency, real estate, stocks, or other assets. The main thing is that you or your broker is well versed in a particular area. I believed you could only earn money through hard work a few years ago. It turned out that I was wrong. Connection to CryptexPay cryptoprocessing allowed me to form a portfolio and learn how to manage my assets. I understand that not everyone understands how the financial system works. But in such an unstable time, it is always better to have several sources of income to be one step ahead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Hahaha! Yep, stay away from those speculative investments.
    Keep your money safely in the bank.
    If you invest $100,000 in a term deposit you can earn .25% pa.
    Wow! That's $250 in one year. That's enough for one punt!
    One punt for one year?

It's better be good. Which girl would you recommend bearing in mind we have not punt in 12 months.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    There is no single correct solution. You can invest in currency, real estate, stocks, or other assets. The main thing is that you or your broker is well versed in a particular area. I believed you could only earn money through hard work a few years ago.

Banned
    My first and last crypto investment made me 25% profit, but it took me 2 months of waiting. I was careful to buy at a dip at first, and that dip went into a deeper dive and wouldn't jump back up until 2 months later. After I made that profit I withdrew all my money and stopped trading crypto.

Recently I have been approached by a scammer from mainland China trying to get me to sign up for a fake trading platform. I got added by random on WeChat and the scammer pretended to be a Malaysian Chinese who migrated to Singapore and made millions in just a matter of 10 years lol. To make it look as if she's legit she gave me a mobile number to add her on WhatsApp. A few things was off:

- She claims to live and work in Singapore but gave me a Malaysian number (most likely spoofed). She claims that she doesn't get charged roaming rates when using a Malaysian mobile in Singapore which is BS.
    - She claims that she graduated from Nanyang Politech, but her IQ is about the same of a low traffic Chinese takeaway restaurant staff.
    - She kept on sending me botched screenshots of her BTC/USD profits of between $700-2100 USD, and claims that she's making money even though BTC is going through a deep dive.
    - Her English sounded like it was Google translated from Chinese. I have never seen people use the word "specificity" in a normal conversation.
    - In claiming she's Malaysian Chinese, she doesn't know any Southern Chinese dialects aka Cantonese, Fujianese, Hakka, Teochew etc.

If you fall for this scam the person will direct you to a "trading platform" signup page where they ask you very minimal information, ask you to upload your passport page photo and give you a shady bank account to deposit money into before disappearing. The bank account is likely based in Hong Kong since MLCs can easily travel there to withdraw criminal proceeds.

I annoyed the hell out of the scammer by asking her to send nudes and talk about favourite sex positions lol. The person on the other side is likely male or an old auntie disgusted with sexting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123