Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAT

Senior Member(無間使者)

RAT

I don't know if its just me venting but I'm truly over the continual fuck ups by the Federal and State Governments. I can't believe it took all this time to order the Rapid Antigen Tests. And Domenic this morning said they will fine people $1000 for not reporting a positive RAT test.
    From the Ruby Princess, Job Keeper, the AZ vaccine debacle, delay in ordering Vaccines, and right up till the Djocovic saga. How many fuck ups! They got away with it 2 years ago with the excuse of a once in a century pandemic. What's the excuse now.
    Can anyone think of any more fuck ups the Government are responsible for dealing with the pandemic.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The app that cost them $6m to develop and it was a complete flop…then they went back to manual contact tracing.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I honestly think this covid is all bullshit and there's an underlying agenda. Normal seasonal flu can kill you.

You know what's even more scarier? Rabies. 100% kill rate. No cure.

I love a good conspiracy

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
    I don't know if its just me venting but I'm truly over the continual fuck ups by the Federal and State Governments. I can't believe it took all this time to order the Rapid Antigen Tests. And Domenic this morning said they will fine people $1000 for not reporting a positive RAT test.
    From the Ruby Princess, Job Keeper, the AZ vaccine debacle, delay in ordering Vaccines, and right up till the Djocovic saga. How many fuck ups! They got away with it 2 years ago with the excuse of a once in a century pandemic. What's the excuse now.
    Can anyone think of any more fuck ups the Government are responsible for dealing with the pandemic.
    The excuse now the immigration officers fuckup at the airport not me. We can't even stop a non Australian entering the country and yet Australian was not allowed back.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    It seems to me that at the moment they have no way of knowing who has bought a RAT kit or who has tested themselves, let alone who has tested positive or negative. If someone does become positive, how do they know whether the person has tested themselves?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    It seems to me that at the moment they have no way of knowing who has bought a RAT kit or who has tested themselves, let alone who has tested positive or negative. If someone does become positive, how do they know whether the person has tested themselves?
    It's completely unenforceable.
    You do the test in the privacy of your own home, and you see the positive result, but if you don't register it then who is gonna know? How can you be penalised?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post
    I honestly think this covid is all bullshit and there's an underlying agenda. Normal seasonal flu can kill you.

I love a good conspiracy
    If there is an underlying agenda then the whole world must be in on it. I mean to say for there to be an agenda then every country in the world must be aiming for the same agenda. Hardly likely is it?

And yes flu and rabies can kill, lots of things can kill. Difference with covid is how infectious it is and the mortality rate of infected. Flu for example doesn’t transmit anywhere near as easy and it sure the shit doesn’t kill 3.4%*of those that get it.

Good news though is if Omicron goes on as it is and any new variants are not as deadly then maybe we can use the words flu and covid in the same breath. Until then covid is real and is significantly more deadly than anything else out there.

* the 3.4% mortality rate is the global figure obviously countries like Australia it is less, closer to 1% thanks to our health systems. Also don’t believe it factors in Omicron which is less deadly but of course infects so many more.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post

Good news though is if Omicron goes on as it is and any new variants are not as deadly then maybe we can use the words flu and covid in the same breath. Until then covid is real and is significantly more deadly than anything else out there.

* the 3.4% mortality rate is the global figure obviously countries like Australia it is less, closer to 1% thanks to our health systems. Also don’t believe it factors in Omicron which is less deadly but of course infects so many more.
    There was a recent report that someone in South America had contracted Omicron and the flu at the same time, sort of "fluvid".

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Just don’t have a heart attack in the next month and hope to be resuscitated in an ICU. That’s the scary part

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krnboy View Post

I love a good conspiracy
    Hey it’s great that you brought up the subject of rabies. The rabies vaccine is actually a real vaccine because it gives 100% effectiveness at preventing rabies disease. Even after getting an animal bite when not vaccinated, a human being can then get the vaccine and it would still be 100% effective at preventing the disease, if given early enough.

This is the best counter argument one can give any antivaxxer to completely shut them up when they start about how vaccines are placebos and do nothing. How do they explain the rabies vaccine then? It simply works.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Hey it’s great that you brought up the subject of rabies. The rabies vaccine is actually a real vaccine because it gives 100% effectiveness at preventing rabies disease. Even after getting an animal bite when not vaccinated, a human being can then get the vaccine and it would still be 100% effective at preventing the disease, if given early enough.

This is the best counter argument one can give any antivaxxer to completely shut them up when they start about how vaccines are placebos and do nothing. How do they explain the rabies vaccine then? It simply works.
    Can’t believe some people still think the pandemic is a conspiracy after two years…
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    Can’t believe some people still think the pandemic is a conspiracy after two years…

Why not! Just ask Donald Trump !

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Why not! Just ask Donald Trump !
    Or Marcus Lamb ?
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    You do the test in the privacy of your own home, and you see the positive result, but if you don't register it then who is gonna know? How can you be penalised?
    Lol.... Another brilliant idea from the great mind of Dominic... the same great mind who deliberately ignored all chief health officer advise and got us into this fuckup.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    The excuse now the immigration officers fuckup at the airport not me. We can't even stop a non Australian entering the country and yet Australian was not allowed back.
    Those border force officers are just acting on instructions given to them. How would they know who to pick out from a plane and whether their visa status is no longer valid ? Unless someone instructed them. They can't make any judgement calls by themselves.

For them to push Djokovic by saying "whatever he says will not change a decision has already been made". The question should be who had made that decision ? And relayed that to the officers ? That "minister" should be brought Infront of the court to explain themselves.

All in all. Even though Djokovic is a anti-vaxxer. But the Fed govt did a major fxxkup on this one.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Yes, it’s abundantly clear he made up that rule just so he could say “I made a rule for it” and shake off any responsibility for it. Enforcing it? That’s someone Roses problem!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How about Barnaby Joyce endorsing George Christensen on his fake Covid conspiracy theories ?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...ight/100749186

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    Those border force officers are just acting on instructions given to them. How would they know who to pick out from a plane and whether their visa status is no longer valid ? Unless someone instructed them. They can't make any judgement calls by themselves.

For them to push Djokovic by saying "whatever he says will not change a decision has already been made". The question should be who had made that decision ? And relayed that to the officers ? That "minister" should be brought Infront of the court to explain themselves.

All in all. Even though Djokovic is a anti-vaxxer. But the Fed govt did a major fxxkup on this one.
    The type of visa he had meant he had to show the evidence for the visa to be valid to border control when he arrived. He didn't have enough to substantiate it. Border Force gave him until 8.30am in the morning to produce the evidence but about 48 minutes before the deadline border force canceled his visa. He won on a technicality that he wasn't given the allotted time to produce the evidence. That's kind of it in a very short version. A lot of court cases are won or thrown out on technicalities.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Yes, it’s abundantly clear he made up that rule just so he could say “I made a rule for it” and shake off any responsibility for it. Enforcing it? That’s someone Roses problem!
    They inserted the fine to make it sound important. They admitted that, plus the fact that they won't/can't enforce it.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The NSW premier is relying on stupid people to pay to test whether they are positive, and Falk out $1,000 if they don't report it. Are you joking? No tests for me. If I feel I might have symptoms I'll go the the nearest hospital - no cost, no fine, The Premier is dreaming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast