Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAT

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    The excuse now the immigration officers fuckup at the airport not me. We can't even stop a non Australian entering the country and yet Australian was not allowed back.
    Australians are allowed back and have been since the pandemic started. Just that they need to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days and of course it was difficult and expensive to get flights.

Since November Australians returning to NSW or VIC have been allowed to return without quarantine provided they are double vaccinated.

If unvaccinated they can avoid quarantine if they can provide a medical contradiction to vaccination (and infection in last 6 months is an example) otherwise it is 14 days quarantine.

Now I reckon the joker shouldn’t have been allowed in, and I think the whole positive result from December is a load of bullshit. I also think the PM and government are using him as political fodder.

But please don’t make untrue statements like Australians are not allowed back when they have never been stopped.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The type of visa he had meant he had to show the evidence for the visa to be valid to border control when he arrived. He didn't have enough to substantiate it. Border Force gave him until 8.30am in the morning to produce the evidence but about 48 minutes before the deadline border force canceled his visa. He won on a technicality that he wasn't given the allotted time to produce the evidence. That's kind of it in a very short version. A lot of court cases are won or thrown out on technicalities.
    This is something new that I'm learning even in my old age.

I mean I've helped friends and relatives apply for visa coming over for holidays, to study, etc and whenever there is any requirement for additional documents, those are uploaded and sent to Immigration for them to review before visas are approved and issued. Mind you, this was all pre-covid.

So if all the documents have already been sent online, and the visa is approved on that basis. I fail to see how border force can cancel a visa after you have arrived on a approved visa ? Also if evidence is needed, you would still produce the very same doc that was uploaded and approved earlier. So what this tells me is that the "doc evidence" that was "approved" earlier is now "no longer acceptable" ? Is that even legal ? No wonder a judge will say "what else do you expect Djokovic to do ?" I mean who would spend thousands of dollars on airfare on a "maybe you can get in depending on the mood of the officer visa" ?

Banned
    The whole thing is a combination of train wreck and circus
    When this settles down and reality sets in
    The social and economic costs will emerge
    They will be huge

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post

I mean I've helped friends and relatives apply for visa coming over for holidays, to study, etc and whenever there is any requirement for additional documents, those are uploaded and sent to Immigration for them to review before visas are approved and issued. Mind you, this was all pre-covid.

So if all the documents have already been sent online, and the visa is approved on that basis. I fail to see how border force can cancel a visa after you have arrived on a approved visa ? Also if evidence is needed, you would still produce the very same doc that was uploaded and approved earlier. So what this tells me is that the "doc evidence" that was "approved" earlier is now "no longer acceptable" ? Is that even legal ? No wonder a judge will say "what else do you expect Djokovic to do ?" I mean who would spend thousands of dollars on airfare on a "maybe you can get in depending on the mood of the officer visa" ?
    Who knows? Maybe ABF staff saw his “claim” that he got Covid in mid December, and then saw that he was still out and about making public appearances during that same time? They’re just like us, they use social media too.

Of course that “factor” if it were to have been the case, surely couldn’t be put forward in a court of law. They made a bad call nabbing him on the spot, I reckon. They should’ve been patient, let him in, then used another legal power to suss him out in due time.

I personally always felt Djokovic had an air of pretence about him. It’s everything put together, the smile the talk the body language. None of it feels sincere. Like if you compare him to say, Federer or Nadal, there’s no competition in terms of sincerity.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    well there you have it 92k cases reported for yesterday. Prob means 500k missing in the stats since beginning of year with the RAT *ckup.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

The type of visa he had meant he had to show the evidence for the visa to be valid to border control when he arrived. He didn't have enough to substantiate it. Border Force gave him until 8.30am in the morning to produce the evidence but about 48 minutes before the deadline border force canceled his visa. He won on a technicality that he wasn't given the allotted time to produce the evidence. That's kind of it in a very short version. A lot of court cases are won or thrown out on technicalities.
    He wouldn't be paying for his airfare either.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    All being said. He is loaded with money and he/ his team should have taken care of documents submitted and precautionary steps involved. He will escape for sure. It’s not deal breaker for him, for sure his fans will fell bad for him.

Are you guys able to stock up RAT kit. It seems that the stock is very low or near nada at my place and prices have been jacked up in few online portals & they are reducing the PCR test centres as well.

Could have been planned better.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    Can’t believe some people still think the pandemic is a conspiracy after two years…
    Whilst i personally dont believe the pandemic itself is a conspiracy, i do believe there are those that want it prolonged. Take the pathology labs, where each sample is reported to cost between 120 and 200 aud to process. Then take a look at how many tests have been conducted over the last 2 years ... Follow the money ...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Whilst i personally dont believe the pandemic itself is a conspiracy, i do believe there are those that want it prolonged. Take the pathology labs, where each sample is reported to cost between 120 and 200 aud to process. Then take a look at how many tests have been conducted over the last 2 years ... Follow the money ...
    Pathology get $85 per test from the government. Apparently the average cost to the company of the test is $51, though with the higher ratio of positives now that cost would be higher.

The cost you mention is what it would cost you to get one privately for example for overseas travel.

And whilst pathology may well want this to continue end of the day there isn’t much they can do to prolong it even if they wanted to.

Oh and with the visa discussion above when you apply for a visa, any visa, any country there is no guarantee you will be allowed to enter that country on arrival. You can be stopped and questioned further at the border and have your visa cancelled and be deported.

And in the case of the joker there is no requirement to be vaccinated to get a visa. Some like residence visas have medical tests but that doesn’t apply to short stay visas like the tennis players get. Also he was granted his in November knowing full well he wasn’t vaccinated.

The right to fly to Australia is where vaccination or exemption status comes into play and is what that travel declaration he “made a mistake” on is used for. In theory he shouldn’t have been allowed on the plane to Australia. And that was the basis for his visa cancellation and indeed the reason he was stopped to be questioned further. He was only allowed in as the border officials don’t appeared to have given him due process.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Lol.... Another brilliant idea from the great mind of Dominic... the same great mind who deliberately ignored all chief health officer advise and got us into this fuckup.
    They're all shit politicians but Dominic is the lesser of the evils. Compared to other premieres, people have more liberties in NSW than in other states. If Gladys was still premiere, we're more likely to be in lockdown right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dt333 View Post
    They're all shit politicians but Dominic is the lesser of the evils. Compared to other premieres, people have more liberties in NSW than in other states. If Gladys was still premiere, we're more likely to be in lockdown right now.
    Yeah, he's real great. He's turned us into the Dominicron Republic.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Yeah, he's real great. He's turned us into the Dominicron Republic.
    I don't even support Dominic and the Liberals, but if you think NSW is bad now it's not going to get any better with a Labor leader.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You serious,,, oh, that liberty is the ability to go out and catch and spread Omicron.
    Thats why we are now in the shit we are, with no food on shelves, no childcare centres open, major businesses being closed down, because staff are all in isolation and daily infection rates are going through the roof

I don't even support Dominic and the Liberals, but if you think NSW is bad now it's not going to get any better with a Labor leader.
    No idea where you're going with this. First you attack Gladys in your alternate timeline argument (there's another alternate timeline by another DP supporter here, in which apparently she would've ended lockdown even earlier, but that's another story, literally speaking), then you attack Labor.
    Enough about alternate timelines, he screwed by opening up too much too early. That's the timeline we live in, that's the only one that matters.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    No idea where you're going with this. First you attack Gladys in your alternate timeline argument (there's another alternate timeline by another DP supporter here, in which apparently she would've ended lockdown even earlier, but that's another story, literally speaking), then you attack Labor.
    Enough about alternate timelines, he screwed by opening up too much too early. That's the timeline we live in, that's the only one that matters.
    NSW has gone from having one of the lowest rates of daily infections per capita in the world to one of the highest per capita in the world under Perrottet's watch. And that was even before the RAT cases were included.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    NSW has gone from having one of the lowest rates of daily infections per capita in the world to one of the highest per capita in the world under Perrottet's watch. And that was even before the RAT cases were included.
    +1, well said and that’s a fact !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I guess we still have one of the lowest death rates in the world and nearly half of Victoria's which is a similar state in the same country. They must be doing something right

Senior Member(無間使者)
    And lower than the national average from what I can tell

And the increased cases and deaths has resulted in loss of confidence by General public so... While we are not back in lockdown the effect is similar.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    True that...+2

Even the RAT numbers are not reflecting the actual scenarios. even with a 5 to 10% increase, we will still have the lowest rates of daily infections per capita in the world

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast