Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Curious

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    For Omicron, you need N95, KN95 minimum. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    No one ever said mask ‘prevents’ transmission, but a certified and properly worn one will reduce the probability.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Everyone will eventually get COVID and after Feb it might treated like a flu symptoms with shots on a yearly basis.

Banned
    Agree we will all get Covid.

If I’m going to die I’d like it to be fucking some gorgeous 20 year old woman.

Banned
    The Israeli study showed the 4th (booster) shot doesn't really help in stopping transmission. What's next 5th, 6th etc?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    The Israeli study showed the 4th (booster) shot doesn't really help in stopping transmission. What's next 5th, 6th etc?
    Pfizer is coming out a new Vax in march for Omicron if testing work. So here we might have it in June.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Pfizer is minting money with Astazenca is out of the race...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Agree we will all get Covid.

If I’m going to die I’d like it to be fucking some gorgeous 20 year old woman.
    Same with everyone here mate!..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Move on, be safe, make decisions based on your risk tolerance. I don’t punt often, but will continue to do so at my regular cadence.

Life goes on, and I feel bad for small businesses that are just severely impacted by the stay at home measures and the fanfare… it’s fine for white collar professionals like myself that make just as much or more working from home and just get to chill out and do as I please. It must be so tough for those that depend on foot traffic, commuters, city workers, people’s normal behaviours.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Ohh you mean the police officer driving their patrol car?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Don’t follow, sorry.

Those employed by the government ultimately are huge benefactors anyway. Job security, no performance incentive. Clock on, get paid, repeat.

Walking around Sydney last few weeks… is like the city has no spark, joy or soul. Sad really and I hope it can recover before people realise they can WFH and live on the coast and chill. Good for those smaller towns, obviously…

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Not so good for the existing local residents of those smaller towns whose rent suddenly becomes unaffordable

Not saying its the fault of the WFH tree/sea changers - obviously its a systemic issue

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Indeed, but does it boost the economy and those renters now have higher paying jobs / prospects? There are ours and takes, but I personally hate this fear mentality of hide under your bedsheets and screw the more vulnerable of our society.

The city is losing its identity, and Australians as they are, are understated people… let’s not see it get worse.

That’s it, I’m going to visit a CBD massage shop!

Quote Originally Posted by imaragingbull View Post
    Indeed, but does it boost the economy and those renters now have higher paying jobs / prospects? There are ours and takes, but I personally hate this fear mentality of hide under your bedsheets and screw the more vulnerable of our society.

The city is losing its identity, and Australians as they are, are understated people… let’s not see it get worse.

That’s it, I’m going to visit a CBD massage shop!
    It pushes out the locals who are used to paying low rent due to lower income, who in turn go further country and then they in turn push out the locals, widening the gap further. It's not ideal but we don't live in ideal world.

Which shop did you end up visiting out of curiosity?

Cheers

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Hahaha i like your attitude!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    It's a fact acknowledged by the 'expert' health bureaucrats now that masks don't stop transmission. We were told to comply with mask wearing even after being vaccinated and the infections are still occurring. Dr Chant recently said to have double masks. You're really going to suffocate yourself. If you're in a room with a gorgeous girl, will you wear a mask? We humans need air to breathe. Imagine all that CO2 and bacteria building up on the mask especially when it's hot and muggy. When I see people driving alone and wearing masks in their cars it makes me laugh. Who are they protecting themselves in the car? Unbelievable!
    Which experts are these? From what I've read N95 masks are pretty effective. And if you suffocate wearing two masks you're doing something wrong.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I think given the time people spend in a shop, and the way they handle there business, there is no real meaningful protection for covid

Quote Originally Posted by FoxIsMe View Post
    I think given the time people spend in a shop, and the way they handle there business, there is no real meaningful protection for covid
    Depends on the individual. Many colleagues haven't physically been to a grocery shop since it started in 2020.
    "Men" men shopping is similar, get in get out.

Pubs and the like are a different kettle of fish.
    Catching public transport is in an entire league of its own.

Basically every time you're outside of home you're at risk, but as the French say, such is life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12