At the very least the shop owner should have offered a substitute or at least tried to be diplomatic about it. A business should at the first instance try to make the customer happy. I know not all customers are reasonable but its something they should try.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
Not saying I believe 100% the OPs account of events, but I can see why he would be pissed off!!

A girl having "outlandish" restrictions like this one about no touching of breasts, should be clearly stated in their profiles. I mean just using common sense here, she's selling sex services... No touching her boobs? That's not normal at all, so it has to be stated clearly for the customer to make an informed decision.

Second point is he appears to have not nutted in the "half session" he had. Now, if it was agreed in the room that they would cut it short and they proceeded to "get somewhere" within half hour, that's fine. But no, in this case the girl prematurely ended the session. That is not the same as having a half-session, that's a complete cancellation of the session. Mission aborted, not completed quicker. I reckon he was entitled to a bigger refund, tbh!