Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is punting an addiction for you?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Not really an addiction unless you are thinking about it 24/7 and HAVE to get it done.

Otherwise just enjoy the process and opportunity you have... we're in one of the luckiest cities in the world!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punter00 View Post
    we're in one of the luckiest cities in the world!
    Sydney is the massage parlour capital of the world. Every street corner you go is a massage parlour with huge posters or neon signs.

I use to visit Campsie where there are 2 aquarium shops. I have to walk past parlour after parlour along the main street to reach the shops.

But when I'm looking for tropical fish I don't look for naked bodies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    Sydney is the massage parlour capital of the world. Every street corner you go is a massage parlour with huge posters or neon signs.

I use to visit Campsie where there are 2 aquarium shops. I have to walk past parlour after parlour along the main street to reach the shops.

What sort of tropical fish have you Zoo, marine or freshwater??

Senior Member(無間使者)

You obviously haven’t been to Thailand lol

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Tropical fish and corals can be sexier than naked bodies tho

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    You obviously haven’t been to Thailand lol
    Or any big/medium city in Asia, for that matter. Sydney is only good when you compare it to other Aussie cities or the goody 2 shoes USA.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Stop it. You're telling everyone here my story.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you learn more about addiction you find that there is this neurotransmitter called Serotonin that feels really fantastic when it rushes through you. It is stimulated by positive anticipation. So rather than the punting episode generating the rush it is more about the lead up to it. If you get addicted to something you may not actually enjoy the thing you are anticipating. However you almost always have the glorious anticipation feeling beforehand.

You can try and nip the anticipation in the bud by reminiscing about a bad punt, being totally negative about it like the girls are nasty and have bad breath. Google some images of Syphilis or herpes sores you might get and then replace the punting event with something else. Other good neurotransmitters are generated by exercise, being in nature, going on a date, a great meal, speaking to a good friend or planning a great holiday

One thing that can work is always paying for things cashless as punting is usually cash and the act of withdrawing cash is a hassle and can be set as a red line. Harder of you are a cash in hand crook, too much temptation with all those avocados.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamit View Post
    If you learn more about addiction you find that there is this neurotransmitter called Serotonin that feels really fantastic when it rushes through you. It is stimulated by positive anticipation. So rather than the punting episode generating the rush it is more about the lead up to it. If you get addicted to something you may not actually enjoy the thing you are anticipating. However you almost always have the glorious anticipation feeling beforehand.

You can try and nip the anticipation in the bud by reminiscing about a bad punt, being totally negative about it like the girls are nasty and have bad breath. Google some images of Syphilis or herpes sores you might get and then replace the punting event with something else. Other good neurotransmitters are generated by exercise, being in nature, going on a date, a great meal, speaking to a good friend or planning a great holiday

One thing that can work is always paying for things cashless as punting is usually cash and the act of withdrawing cash is a hassle and can be set as a red line. Harder of you are a cash in hand crook, too much temptation with all those avocados.
    Wouldn't that be the same for anything? Eg, thinking about making a classy exquisite dinner. Or your Friday night out. Or hitting the bong. Etc

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    The way I see it, there are lots of other vices that you can easily get addicted too that would cost a lot more than punting. Gambling, drugs, even alcohol. You could easily use a lot more money doing those stuff than punting.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by StiFFFy View Post
    Wouldn't that be the same for anything? Eg, thinking about making a classy exquisite dinner. Or your Friday night out. Or hitting the bong. Etc

It is hard to explain but self control seems to involve more addressing the anticipation rather than the event. We've all had that feeling; goimg for a coffee when don't feel like coffee, have a beer when don't feel like a drink, go for a punt when don't actually feel that horny. If you can focus on the potential disappointment, regret etc then it might get you toward better self management. Maybe addressing the conditional response.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    The way I see it, there are lots of other vices that you can easily get addicted too that would cost a lot more than punting. Gambling, drugs, even alcohol. You could easily use a lot more money doing those stuff than punting.
    Punting is only a problem if you get a disease and stuff up a relationship or spend alot to the point where you don't do important things like invest in yourself or your future. Definitely better than drugs and alcohol addiction and probably easier to address

Escapism is a problem as it makes you delay addressing what you are trying to escape from, eg job you hate, unhappy relationship, lack of confidence with women.

Banned
    Another "Zoo" emerges.................

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Better seek help from doctor

Junior Member(有D料到)
    This is very interesting to me - I feel like I’m addicticted to the anticipation - but it’s hard to think of the bad punts when there are so many good memories to choose from.

Punting is only a problem if you get a disease and stuff up a relationship or spend alot to the point where you don't do important things like invest in yourself or your future. Definitely better than drugs and alcohol addiction and probably easier to address

Escapism is a problem as it makes you delay addressing what you are trying to escape from, eg job you hate, unhappy relationship, lack of confidence with women.
    That... Is a very valid point mate. Never thought of it that way.
    It is hard to explain but self control seems to involve more addressing the anticipation rather than the event. We've all had that feeling; goimg for a coffee when don't feel like coffee, have a beer when don't feel like a drink, go for a punt when don't actually feel that horny. If you can focus on the potential disappointment, regret etc then it might get you toward better self management. Maybe addressing the conditional response.
    Escapism. Same shit as Facebook, Netflix, etc. Problems of the established world.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

You need to get your mum or dad to take you to Asia

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah I’m either RnT or legit Thai once a week sometimes twice. Shit I want to go now.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm addicted to tight young pussy and the key for me is variation. I like to punt at least 4 times a week so I could be considered addicted. I'm avoiding regulars these days and loving the variations, can't wait till all the students come back.

Punting has always been an addiction just like gambling, drinking and drug use (over 10 years ago, not anymore).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123