Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok opening up

Senior Member(無間使者)

Bangkok opening up

According to “Stickman, Bangkok”, things are livening up in Thailand. Stickman is once again publishing his weekly newsletter. Bars are opening although no legal dancing. They are operating outdoors as restaurants with hostesses. I’m off to Bangkok this Friday visiting Soi Cowboy, Nana and Patpong. Massages will be on Sukhumvit Soi 21 and Soi 23 plus a few private hostess clubs.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookha View Post
    According to “Stickman, Bangkok”, things are livening up in Thailand. Stickman is once again publishing his weekly newsletter. Bars are opening although no legal dancing. They are operating outdoors as restaurants with hostesses. I’m off to Bangkok this Friday visiting Soi Cowboy, Nana and Patpong. Massages will be on Sukhumvit Soi 21 and Soi 23 plus a few private hostess clubs.

I’ll indulge you… and congrats

Out of interest as currently having too plan O\S work trip to Nth Vietnam and side trip to Thailand . Curious about your travel insurance ? You get Covid related cover ? Who with how much ?

Current govt advisory to Vietnam is Lvl 3 , meaning can be difficult to be adequately covered .

Personally more interested in this, than your sex tour plans

But Kudos to you anyway

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    reading all the others response, i have to agree, there are so many hoops to jump through just to travel outside Australia,
    than once you are there more red tape again, than returning to Australia more red tape, so a 2 week vacation or business trip could turn into a month of headache,
    but defiantly the one issue that was noted was insurance, you need to look at the cost and if you can get the coverage,
    as no-one wants a $100k plus medical bill if they have to be hospitalised for covid

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Too many hassles getting out, more hassles when you get there, more hassles while you are there, and more hassles when you try to return.
    And that's assuming everything goes smoothly, which it never does.
    You can't have a fun holiday with all these hassles and restrictions going on.
    Defeats the whole purpose of having a holiday.
    Still too early to even think about overseas travel.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I agree, too soon but on the positive side we surely must be getting more students come out here now to study.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just read an article, Australia will be reopening borders Feb 21, provided you are double vaxxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by avnyyy View Post
    Just read an article, Australia will be reopening borders Feb 21, provided you are double vaxxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If borders are opening to double vaxxed only very shortly why was the newly built detention centre in Brisbane accepting unvaxxed tourists?

Banned
    Long way to go for a root, considering all the Covid bureaucracy you have to deal with

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Getting out is the easy part … now… it’s getting there and finding you have tested positive even if it’s an historical infection, then you’re in the Voce grip of an unusual price gouge set up with selected hotel/hospital quarantine arrangements … $$$… then you’ll likely find the fine print of the travel over did not cover you adequately or at all … so more $$$$

Then you’ve used up all your holiday in quarantine and then your paying for new airfare too get back to Oz $$$$ only to find. There’s issues getting back into the country , more $$$

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    If borders are opening to double vaxxed only very shortly why was the newly built detention centre in Brisbane accepting unvaxxed tourists?
    That is the rule in most places now. Vaxxed visitors only need a pre-flight test, and free to go when they get here (or maybe subject to monitoring for 7 days, like they are doing in Singapore). Unvaxxed come on different flights and straight into quarantine.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thanks. Yes, it’s complicated. I bought Covermore insurance plus the required Thai travel insurance.

I always wear a mask in Australia plus I have a temperature gauge and a pulse oximeter. It’s a hassle too get the required documentation for Thailand but smoother than I expected. In Thailand, I have a lady on contract but I like to window shop. But we can’t put ourselves in cotton wool. Some people think that Thailand and Vietnam are safer than Australia. Within a month, things will probably change here.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    take precautions. don’t go crazy party hard but conservatively.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    take precautions. don’t go crazy party hard but conservatively.
    That’s kinda like ..fall safely ?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookha View Post
    Thanks. Yes, it’s complicated. I bought Covermore insurance plus the required Thai travel insurance.

I always wear a mask in Australia plus I have a temperature gauge and a pulse oximeter. It’s a hassle too get the required documentation for Thailand but smoother than I expected. In Thailand, I have a lady on contract but I like to window shop. But we can’t put ourselves in cotton wool. Some people think that Thailand and Vietnam are safer than Australia. Within a month, things will probably change here.
    a Taiwanese friend whose family is urging her to come home .. as Australia is perceived as a high risk country .

https://scandasia.com/warning-agains...g-to-thailand/

I initially thought the travel documentation was a smooth process and not overly complicated . True it isn’t , though after a bit more looking about and reading …the fine print … I’m back to receiving additional new quotes for cover.

At the end of it . I’ll have to ‘balls it’ as can no longer delay the biz trip.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The virus is non-stop evolving. Imagine you go out and got stuck for 2 years

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by cumquat View Post
    a Taiwanese friend whose family is urging her to come home .. as Australia is perceived as a high risk country .

https://scandasia.com/warning-agains...g-to-thailand/

I initially thought the travel documentation was a smooth process and not overly complicated . True it isn’t , though after a bit more looking about and reading …the fine print … I’m back to receiving additional new quotes for cover.

At the end of it . I’ll have to ‘balls it’ as can no longer delay the biz trip.
    I also have a business trip in the first week of March. It seems the CoverMore policy doesn’t cover you for costs if you have to quarantine (I maybe reading it wrong)?
    I’m probably more concerned about being quarantined for a week than the costs though which my employer will be copping if it comes to that.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nthnrr View Post
    I also have a business trip in the first week of March. It seems the CoverMore policy doesn’t cover you for costs if you have to quarantine (I maybe reading it wrong)?
    I’m probably more concerned about being quarantined for a week than the costs though which my employer will be copping if it comes to that.
    Cost is one thing and depending could be in the 1000’s or greater … however , agree it’s the time issue … a 4 week trip could be an 8 week sojourn or more ..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vnflame View Post
    The virus is non-stop evolving. Imagine you go out and got stuck for 2 years
    If you got stuck with many babes and couldn't return to Australia then no problem. However if you got isolated and couldn't see anyone then it would play with your mind and make you go mad when there are many babes outside.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Wouldn't waste money travelling overseas at the moment, Thailand has too many restrictions, even wearing masks outdoors in the heat and humidity, it's ridiculous...

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    My partner has just gone off on a holiday to Singapore. All the paperwork, testing and general bs to get into one airport here and out the other there was almost enough to deter anyone from wanting to travel. And that's before trying to come back.

I wonder if things are better going to BKK?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast