Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shane Warne

Banned

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    There seems to be a hell of a lot of respected people who would disagree with you..no more comments from me on this...cheers
    All points are factual public record

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Australia likes its larrikin heroes.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    One of his managers or close mates said recently that there were only five things that mattered to Warnie - Tinder, smokes, beer, gambling and cricket. Probably in that order.

But then who doesn’t have faults? At least he owned all his mistakes apart from once where he blamed his mum for taking the steroid masking agent (weight loss pill haha)
    Not looking to slag the guy but those are the facts it’s an honest conversation. He liked to fuck drink and gamble, he enjoyed his life there is nothing wrong with that. We don’t need to paint him as an awesome human just because he was a great sportsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    owned
    May I make a small plea from the wilderness for "admitted" to come back into the language.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    May I make a small plea from the wilderness for "admitted" to come back into the language.
    Too many syllables.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Shane Warne was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in 2013, and was named one of Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Century, alongside Sir Donald Bradman, Sir Garfield Sobers, Sir Jack Hobbs and Sir Vivian Richards. Shane Warne was never recognised under the Order of Australia honours system Cricketers Allan Border, Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting are all AOs. Warne teammates Glenn McGrath, Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer are AMs. Awards under the Order of Australia honours system cannot be made after death. It would not have bothered him. At least he’s got a grandstand. Played well, on and off the field.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Rip, 52 is too young. I never cared for cricket but he was a great entertainer, pure showbusiness.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Definitely too young at 52.
    Kimberley Kitching an Australian senator passed away just a few days later, also 52. Things usually come in 3’s. May they all RIP. Well played

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuggymacthugface View Post
    Rip, 52 is too young. I never cared for cricket but he was a great entertainer, pure showbusiness.
    I will always remember the footage of him dancing with the stump on the balcony in England - what a legend

He caught Covid last September and was put into a coma on life support! I can't bother scrolling to find who said here that some sportmen think they are bullet proof which is why he didn't insist on investigation of his chest pain, but only a few months ago he'd had a big wake up call as to the fragility of his hold on life. He could easily with his heart conditioin been carriwd off by covid last September.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...405690379.html

Edit: I read one report about a ventilator which is a tube down your throat which means you have to be made comatose, then I read here that it was another type of ventilator. I only raise this so that Warne's death can be a valuable lesson to his male fans. He dies so that they may live..
    Last edited by Ziggurat; 20-03-2022 at 01:40 PM. Reason: further research

Banned
    He caught Covid last September and was put into a coma on life support! I can't bother scrolling to find who said here that some sportmen think they are bullet proof which is why he didn't insist on investigation of his chest pain, but only a few months ago he'd had a big wake up call as to the fragility of his hold on life. He could easily with his heart conditioin been carriwd off by covid last September.
    Whatever BS you dredge up now means jackshit...RIP Warnie, Legend

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    Whatever BS you dredge up now means jackshit...RIP Warnie, Legend
    I’d respectfully disagree. men’s health lack of awareness , lack of care, lack of preparedness to deal with issues generally . Is a big concern.

Personally remain ambivalent to any on or off field Warne prowess, however if any get a jolt, a belated giddee up the result of his death . Great . Then id suggest some good of his record. Sure he was a ‘larrikin’ and ‘owned his shit’ . Allegedly.

But if men’s health gets a bit of mileage , beaut.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    The Labor Senator Kimberley fucken Kimochi Kambucha Kerching K fucken Special K fucken something also died last week aged 52 the same as Warney.
    Sudden heart attack. Alive one minute. Dead the next. Just like a Queensland Tourism promo.
    Apparently she lived a pretty healthy life, worked out a bit etc.
    Shit happens.
    For sure don't push your luck too much but dont be a fucken monk either

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The Labor Senator Kimberley fucken Kimochi Kambucha Kerching K fucken Special K fucken something also died last week aged 52 the same as Warney.
    Sudden heart attack. Alive one minute. Dead the next. Just like a Queensland Tourism promo.
    Apparently she lived a pretty healthy life, worked out a bit etc.
    Shit happens.
    For sure don't push your luck too much but dont be a fucken monk either
    That's why in live enjoy if you can. Don't work to hard, punting around sometime if you can, enjoy some good food, visit countries, have medical checkup every year minimum if you are young, of over 45s every 6 month or doctor advice, but must know how to control the enjoyment not too excessive and not less.

Senior Member(無間使者)

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...405690379.html

Edit: I read one report about a ventilator which is a tube down your throat which means you have to be made comatose, then I read here that it was another type of ventilator. I only raise this so that Warne's death can be a valuable lesson to his male fans. He dies so that they may live..
    I see nowhere in this article that says he was on life support. He said himself he was never in any danger. There’s a conspiracy going around that people are dying from heart attacks months after getting the Covid vaccine. These people have been spreading that theory about Shane Warne & Rod Marsh for the past few weeks & now Essendon footballer Dean Wallis near fatal heart attack.

Yeah, that was my error. I'd read a report that he was on a ventilator, which in covid times means a tube down your neck. So that logically is what I concluded. I loolked further into it and it was a different type of ventilator - it might only have been a Vick's fucken inhaler ha ha. Still, he really did need a good doctor's advice..

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

re

RIP sir u are great and will be great

Junior Member(有D料到)
    RIP to the greatest spin bowler of all time

Will hard to find someone that can do bowlers like him

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast