Thread: Will punting cost increase due to current Russia and Ukraine situation

Senior Member(無間使者)

Will punting cost increase due to current Russia and Ukraine situation

Prices are going to raise during war, oil, regular commodities and anything you want to buy will cost lot more, this will eventually trickle down to punting cost.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    And many punters will have less spending money so there may be less demand for services. Would depend on if prices then drop to be more competitive or if workers leave the industry due to not making money and those remaining then charge more.

Banned
    The cost of "punting" is the last thing I would worry about...........

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    When 10,000 blonde, buxom, leggy Ukrainian wenches arrive here that will change everything
    “Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out, they leave the West behind.
    And Moscow girls make me sing and shout, that Georgia’s always on my mind”

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Some of your punting money might be needed to fill up the fuel tank of your car.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Some of your punting money might be needed to fill up the fuel tank of your car.
    How true. Condom prices may escalate to the extent we have to use goat skins for protection.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Covid already increased the cost of punting

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I reckon it will increase the cost, because the cost of living for all the people involved in the supply side will have increased just like everyone else. They will need more money to maintain a certain level of lifestyle.
    It’s not in our control. However, what we can do is try to earn more money ourselves. Look for a new job with better pay, get a significant raise at your current work place, etc. They can pass on the extra living costs, we shouldn’t you be able to do that too?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I reckon it will increase the cost, because the cost of living for all the people involved in the supply side will have increased just like everyone else. They will need more money to maintain a certain level of lifestyle.
    It’s not in our control. However, what we can do is try to earn more money ourselves. Look for a new job with better pay, get a significant raise at your current work place, etc. They can pass on the extra living costs, we shouldn’t you be able to do that too?
    A regular ML I see just told me she bought a new hand bag from Prada yesterday, so I am not too worried about her lifestyle problems.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    A fresh cohort of overseas students will have way more impact on the supply/price of talent which seems a bit modest at present. With borders opening slowly, hopefully there will be a similar influx of backpacker talent in the months ahead. I was in the UK when they Brexited, a fair number of the Eastern Europeans went home, but the locals, the black, and the Bangla girls took up the slack. In fact the only complaint I heard was from those girls that too many of the Poles and Romanians came back too soon.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I usually sniff petrol to get high and have extra energy before a punt.
    I usually sniff the really good stuff.
    If petrol prices keep going up I will have to sniff the cheaper stuff or even have to use kerosene which is even cheaper.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    out of date now..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    High petrol prices will only make consumers turn to EV. There's only a finite amount of oil. When the increase of interest rates happen, your punting money will go into either your increased home loan repayments or increased rents. Can never win in this situation

Senior Member(無間使者)
    out of date now..

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I agree it has already gone up....
    And now it will go up again

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
    A fresh cohort of overseas students will have way more impact on the supply/price of talent which seems a bit modest at present. With borders opening slowly, hopefully there will be a similar influx of backpacker talent in the months ahead. I was in the UK when they Brexited, a fair number of the Eastern Europeans went home, but the locals, the black, and the Bangla girls took up the slack. In fact the only complaint I heard was from those girls that too many of the Poles and Romanians came back too soon.
    There’s already been a large exodus of young Ukrainian females. The countries receiving them will likely have a drop in prices. H who knows, they might even filter down under eventually