Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone heard of any ML's or WL's getting deported out of the country ?

Senior Member(無間使者)

has anyone heard of any ML's or WL's getting deported out of the country ?

just wondering with all the people working in the industry, has anyone ever overstayed their visa ? or anyone heard anything like that happen to any ML or WL ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by exflux View Post
    just wondering with all the people working in the industry, has anyone ever overstayed their visa ? or anyone heard anything like that happen to any ML or WL ?
    My ex-wife has been in Australia for three years working as a WL. On a no-work visa. Was able to rent units, buy cars, and pay no tax. I'd say there would be many like her in Australia.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I was in Taiwan a few years ago and had a girl contact me on Wechat through "nearby" function. She said she had just been deported from Sydney and banned from re-entry for 5 years because of overstaying her visa. She said she worked as a receptionist at a massage parlour, which gave me a good laugh.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Ive heard of 4 getting deported. 2 breaking visa rules, 1 tax related and one committed a criminal offence.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Tuckyfriedchicken View Post
    Ive heard of 4 getting deported. 2 breaking visa rules, 1 tax related and one committed a criminal offence.
    Are they all Thai ? Or where from ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That's a lot Ken - I was beginning to wonder if any of them working illegally and paying no tax get deported

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdan View Post
    That's a lot Ken - I was beginning to wonder if any of them working illegally and paying no tax get deported
    very difficult to prove they are working illegally unless someone dobs them in. even more difficult to prove they are not paying taxes, or need to be paying taxes.

only way is for some kind of incident to happen that requires law enforcement to show up and ask for identification and valid visa. that way, they will know if the person is overstaying or not, and then necessary action will be taken.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by exflux View Post
    Are they all Thai ? Or where from ?
    1 was thai, 1 chinese, 1 korean and 1 taiwanese.
    Ive heard of several being told they are going to be deported and they get to stay after appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdan View Post
    Yeah its not easy. Almost always someone is passing the info on. Or just plain bad luck.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchinn View Post
    very difficult to prove they are working illegally unless someone dobs them in. even more difficult to prove they are not paying taxes, or need to be paying taxes.

only way is for some kind of incident to happen that requires law enforcement to show up and ask for identification and valid visa. that way, they will know if the person is overstaying or not, and then necessary action will be taken.
    I see - no wonder there are so many able to work for years without a valid visa.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    1 was thai, 1 chinese, 1 korean and 1 taiwanese.
    Ive heard of several being told they are going to be deported and they get to stay after appeal.

Yeah its not easy. Almost always someone is passing the info on. Or just plain bad luck.
    Yes I can see now.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Nothing to do with law enforcement or taxes. Immigration raid premises and if anyone with a visa (not permitting work) is caught, they are interviewed and unless they can convince Immigration they are not working (difficult), visa canceled and deportation ordered. The onus is on the Visa Holder.

Sent from my BAH3-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsearcher View Post
    Nothing to do with law enforcement or taxes. Immigration raid premises and if anyone with a visa (not permitting work) is caught, they are interviewed and unless they can convince Immigration they are not working (difficult), visa canceled and deportation ordered. The onus is on the Visa Holder.

is deportation immediate ? if it is not, the person can just disappear, can't they ? they can just run somewhere else and continue their nonsense somewhere else, no ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    is deportation immediate ? if it is not, the person can just disappear, can't they ? they can just run somewhere else and continue their nonsense somewhere else, no ?
    Depends but normally a swift deportation. If they even think you are likely to do a runner, it's off to Detention. The "interview" takes hours and is done at Immigration.

If you do a runner you are a full illegal then and they are always on the move. When they catch you again, you will be out of here (never to return) faster than you can say Novak Djokovic!

While they say it's a 3 year Non-return period, it is really permanent. Zero chance of getting another Visa in reality.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsearcher View Post
    Depends but normally a swift deportation. If they even think you are likely to do a runner, it's off to Detention. The "interview" takes hours and is done at Immigration.

If you do a runner you are a full illegal then and they are always on the move. When they catch you again, you will be out of here (never to return) faster than you can say Novak Djokovic!

While they say it's a 3 year Non-return period, it is really permanent. Zero chance of getting another Visa in reality.

i know someone who has overstayed his visa 12 years. if i wanted to report him, what is the best way ? he currently works cash-in-hand jobs at Chinese restaurants.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sorry but I don't want the price of my Chinese food to go up

Junior Member(有D料到)
    i know someone who has overstayed his visa 12 years. if i wanted to report him, what is the best way ? he currently works cash-in-hand jobs at Chinese restaurants.
    What did this guy do to your food to want to dob him to immigration? Too much MSG?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thought better of this post.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerasAsing View Post
    I looked into law and policies around this a few months ago because I was concerned about the likelihood of getting caught up in a perfectly legal shop being raided by council/police/immigration. Mainly because I saw one a newspaper link here somewhere that a shop I often went to in Marrickville was continually being raided for a variety of reasons.

From everything I read and also talking to a few shop managers it seems that when NSW decriminalised the industry starting in the 1990s there was a case that ruled police could not raid brothels simply because they were brothels and that closing them was predominantly a council issue in the Land and Environment Court. Once the police were unable to keep shaking them down and harassing them the official police policy became to only enter brothels when violent crime imminent or occurring or in response to a large number of complaints (same with council).

Since every other dickhead disgruntled punter calls the cops and says the girls or managers are using or dealing drugs or that they are all illegals in most jurisdictions now in NSW the cops just file and forget the complaint with all the others. A few brothels that actually did have that kind of issue won cases against the police for harassment - since the ladies are independent contractors the premises can’t be held respo00nasible for a lot of stuff so nobody bothers trying to bust the place anymore..
    is this applicable to QLD as well ? i think QLD has different laws ......

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Deportation

I formerly worked in a position where we deported many visa overstayers predominantly women. It was never recorded what their occupation was but women deported to Thailand, Malaysia & China gives a strong indication...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is going back well over a decade ago now but there was that awesome lady who gave brilliant service who worked out of a house at Runcorn who got deported.

Was so disappointed when she was deported as she was stunning and is the only worker so far who has made me cum twice in a 30min session (that was my first trial punt after that went the full hr).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast