Thread: Late Cancellation

Junior Member(有D料到)

Late Cancellation

So I had to make a late cancellation due to a work emergency. Apologised profusely but got a “you make me lose money” response.

Would you go to this shop again (only been once and it was a good experience) or is it most likely that future visits will be suboptimal?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    probably won't go back anymore. they make it sound like they are so busy. you won't be the first to cancel on them.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I've had the same situation. It sucks for the girl but you apologize that it couldn't be helped and then if she's shitty about it, you see someone else there and she loses money again. Most will forgive if you come back. Just try to not let it be a repeat thing or they will get shitty for real and deny your bookings.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    What and they haven't stuffed you around ever? Sometimes things happen unavoidably that is not your fault or sometimes the shops fault, its part of life.
    I think too often the shops and ML forget we are paying them $$ to give us the service. Anyone in business knows about repeat business Vs finding new clients.
    If her service was that good and you want to keep it coming would it hurt giving her an extra pineapple next time by way of sorry payment for stuffing you around?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sage advice fellas, thank you. Think I will roll the dice and see if that bridge is burnt or not. Update to follow!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    What happens from a ML's persepctive is, a punter will make a booking for say 30 mins at 11am. Within the space of 5 minutes, 3 other punters want to come at 11am too. So the ML has to put off those other 3 punters. Then if the original 11am punter cancels, by the time she contacts the other 3, it's either too late or they have made a booking elsewhere. So for her. the loss is significant. And hence the shitty disposotion that follows

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdan View Post
    What happens from a ML's persepctive is, a punter will make a booking for say 30 mins at 11am. Within the space of 5 minutes, 3 other punters want to come at 11am too. So the ML has to put off those other 3 punters. Then if the original 11am punter cancels, by the time she contacts the other 3, it's either too late or they have made a booking elsewhere. So for her. the loss is significant. And hence the shitty disposotion that follows
    it's all about perspective.

HOWEVER, the venue itself, ie. the massage shop should do something to address this situation. if the customer books for 11am, the shop should have the right to give the reservation away after 5 minutes ( or 10 min if the customer is a regular ). so if a walk-in comes at 11am and it is fully booked out and no one is at hand, he might be offered the option of waiting, in case of cancellations. waiting time of course would be the 5 or 10 minutes, which isn't long, if he/she really needs that massage. on the part of the booking customer, if he is late and his reservation has been cancelled and given up, in future, he will know never to be late again. if the shop adheres to this no-nonsense policy, everyone should be happy, including the ML. of course if the shop owner decides to be flexible and lenient, then the miss-out senario is more than likely going to happen again and again.

at the end of the day, as we all say, shit happens. either for the ML, or the patron. shop owner has the power to decide which.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I agree to a point if you are not a regular customer and 5 minutes late. Take who ever turns up first at that time it’s your fault for been late. But if you are a regular good customer the ml who knows you well give a bit of slack 5 minutes late and tell the others to come back in 5 minutes and if you are not busy take them. You have to be a bit flexible to regular customers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully 69 View Post
    I agree to a point if you are not a regular customer and 5 minutes late. Take who ever turns up first at that time it’s your fault for been late. But if you are a regular good customer the ml who knows you well give a bit of slack 5 minutes late and tell the others to come back in 5 minutes and if you are not busy take them. You have to be a bit flexible to regular customers
    Yes good points

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How about just message the shop - running 5mins late (or whatever) - have done it myself a few times when traffic decides to be a pain in the rear...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    yeah yeah, we've heard it all before. 5 minutes. 5 more minutes. 5 minutes means 300 seconds. your concept of 5 minutes may not be the same as mine.

if you book for 10am, what is the problem of being there at 9:55am ? if you miss out, you miss out. simple as that. next time, be early. u can make other people wait for you, but you cannot wait for others ? this, i find, un-acceptable