Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Street workers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by RottenLittlePunt View Post
    "Back in the day the first question you would ask is are you a cop? When she siddled up to the window that was the opening exchange.They had to identify themselves. "

The forum pseudointellectual is at it again. This is an old myth and has long been confirmed as false.
    It’s that whole entrapment myth recycled. The same thing would apply to any crime then.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The law back in the 80's was police officers were required by law to identify themselves. If you ask them they were required to give their name, rank and what station they were from, usually the Valley next to the valley pool. If a non uniformed officer was asked he had to identify himself and produce an identity card. Soliciting or entrapment by LE was a very grey area and if you care to read case histories most were thrown out by judges. LE back in those days were more concerned (or not) with organised crime which involved drugs, illegal gambling, illegal cigs,extortion etc rather than some tart selling her body on the corner of Brunswick St. Why do you think Warren Armstrong sold Players tinnies out of an esky while upstairs guys were doing the deed for so long.
    Some guys on here know shit.
    Seems similar today https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and.../being-stopped.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    As i said pseudo-intellectual. It was never the case, repeating yourself doesn't prove anything. Police are only require to identify themselves when they are attempting to use their police powers, not at the whim of some dimwit like yourself.

It's hilarious when someone puts forward a link thinking it supports their claim, but their lack of understanding makes it the converse.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    As i said pseudo-intellectual. It was never the case, repeating yourself doesn't prove anything. Police are only require to identify themselves when they are attempting to use their police powers, not at the whim of some dimwit like yourself.
    It's hilarious when someone puts forward a link thinking it supports their claim, but their lack of understanding makes it the converse.
    So when their trying to arrest someone for solicitng they are not using their police powers?
    Never argue with idiots - they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Mark Twain

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Correct, up until the point they actually reveal themselves as police and attempt an actual arrest they are not utelising police powers. Use your brain for once in your life how could they be using police powers if they are undercover and pretending to not be police? Not sure whose point you were trying to prove, but thanks for proving mine for me.

As i keep stating, you're a total dimwit pseudo-intellectual. You quote Mark Twain to appear more intelligent than "your".

Let's see if you're smart enough to understand that ....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Correct, up until the point they actually reveal themselves as police and attempt an actual arrest they are not utelising police powers. Use your brain for once in your life how could they be using police powers if they are undercover and pretending to not be police? Not sure whose point you were trying to prove, but thanks for proving mine for me.

As i keep stating, you're a total dimwit pseudo-intellectual. You quote Mark Twain to appear more intelligent than "your".

Are you a Solicitor?

Sent from my BAH3-L09 using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Is he legally required to tell you he is a solicitor if you ask?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    Is he legally required to tell you he is a solicitor if you ask?
    If he isn't his opinion on legal matters is about as valid as the other guy he's complaining about. Talk about bitter Cunts on this "forum"!

Sent from my BAH3-L09 using Tapatalk

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Ahhh sir, the self importance of solicitors. The law is the culmination of ideas! The ideas of people, however these days, the self importance of solicitors believe they are the gatekeepers to these ideas. A member of parliament or a representative of the people doesn't have to be a solicitor! A solicitor only has to transcribe these ideas into a document. The police who are required to be undercover need to be able to operate without answering that question truthfully. That sir, is an idea! The solicitor is just the person who writes that idea down. Is the person correct sir? That is all that matters, not his professional qualifications.

Lets enjoy our punting!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Two types of people on this forum. Nerds like myself, socially awkward, who can only get a fuck by paying for it. And the other type. Previously referred to as " bitter cunts". Who also can only get a fuck by paying for it.
    Why can't people be nice?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The Queen's Counsel has spoken

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Parse error: syntax error (T_STRING), user id 'NULL'

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That experience turned you into a Gelding?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Parse error: syntax error (T_STRING), user id 'NULL'

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by the gelding View Post
    Apart from my good fellows on here, I'm taking the following to the grave: The one and only time I've approached a street walker in Australia (blonde undercover police woman) was in 1998 (I was barely legal). The place (the valley), time and date (including court details two weeks later) are seared into my brain. The undercover cop told me to walk down the side street on my own and she would follow. Within 20m, an unmarked cop car pulled up and demanded me to stop. I shit my pants like you wouldn't believe. That's my only brush with the law. To say I shit myself is an understatement. I had finished my studies, had a crappy job and living with my parents. I was tempted because a dickhead (Matt - I couldn't stand him) I worked with mentioned he always see street walkers hanging around there. The police were sympathetic, I was 100% cooperative. I was almost bashed walking back to my car after leaving the police station (10:30pm). The wait till the court date was traumatic (almost stopped eating completely, I thought about this 24/7 leading up), as was the day. About 5 other blokes got caught. We all stood up together, we all pleaded guilty, and were fined $350 each without conviction (the court was like a production line - low level stuff, eg weed) . It literally took 90 seconds. They walked out in a group talking between themselves, I slunk out behind them in shame. I remember one old bloke saying, "I didn't even know it was illegal". Everyday after getting caught until well after the court date, I bought the paper early in the morning to see if I was mentioned. I can't describe the dread. There was write up about the sting, no individual names mentioned, but it was referred to as "Operation Ambush".

A few years after this (and many times since), I had to get police background check for a new job. This haunted me every time I changed workplaces. A little over ten years after the incident, I had to get a government security clearances for a new job. I never mentioned the incident (though I did shit myself) and it has never been a barrier. I've since carved out a niche and work for myself - it's highly unlikely I'll ever need another check (and I know it won't be an issue if I do). For a long time, it was my #1 life regret - I'm well and truly over it now. I actually wouldn't care now if people knew. At the time, I was worried about family finding out, the shame, and the impact it would have on my career. I've got a very high tolerance to stress, but fuck I felt the pressure during that period. In hindsight, it was irrational and an overreaction, but it didn't seem like it at the time. As mentioned, I was young, this was a one-off and I never contemplated the possibility of getting arrested growing up.

And that's my never before told story about street walkers in the valley in the 90s.
    UNBELIEVABLE !!!

tell you what !!??!! i was one of the other 5. everything you said, i felt. i couldn't even eat properly all the way to the court date. at that time, i live in units, and every little sound at the door, i thought the cops were back to ask me more questions. it was a bloody nightmare. also, for the other people who were arguing and reading this, at that time, i asked the girl if she was an undercover cop. and she said no. and when the cop was writing me the court summons, i told them that i had asked the girl and that she had said she isn't a cop. the copper had the nerve to ask me, do you have a recording of the question that you asked the girl ?

on the day of the court appearance, i told the lawyer appointed to me, that it was entrapment. he told me it was difficult to prove, and if i used that as an excuse, and if i was found guilty anyway, they would record that incident as a conviction against me. the lawyer asked me if i still wanted to go ahead with the entrapment defence but strongly advised against it. my fine was $ 350

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    "The law in Australia
    Unlike our common law counterparts in the US, there is no defence of entrapment available under Australian law."

https://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/...stralian%20law.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There's another aspect none brought up as part of undercover operations, they are given a warrant or a commission to perform the duties undercover and can withhold their employment status as a police officer if asked "are you a cop?" in the act of their duties.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    best is don't do anything illegal, and if you do, try not to get caught.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    "up until the point they actually reveal themselves as police and attempt an actual arrest they are not utelising police powers"
    "how could they be using police powers if they are undercover and pretending to not be police?"

So if a police officer is conducting an undercover operation he is not really a police officer with no police powers, until they reveal themselves.

Classic!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    Two types of people on this forum. Nerds like myself, socially awkward, who can only get a fuck by paying for it. And the other type. Previously referred to as " bitter cunts". Who also can only get a fuck by paying for it.
    Why can't people be nice?
    Because harry444 some people weren't successful in life and are just bitter at the world. Their only misguided pleasure is to get on forums like this and put shit on people knowing that they can hide behind the anonimity of the forum.
    They're just sad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast