Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Street workers

Junior Member(有D料到)

Street workers

I read somewhere not so long ago (20 years ago approx) you could pick up street workers along Brunswick Street, & certain areas of Fortitude Valley. I think there main clientele were taxi drivers and drunk guys walking home from a night out.

Does this type of thing still happen in Brisbane, or anywhere in Australia?

Was in the US pre-covid an saw multiple women who I believed were street workers. Mostly looked cracked out though.

Anyone know if this kind of thing is still around, or any stories of it happening here in the ‘good old days’?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Used to happen a lot on Brunswick St, towards New Farm. Tried to pick up a girl there once. Turned out to be an undercover cop. Just got a fine.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    Used to happen a lot on Brunswick St, towards New Farm. Tried to pick up a girl there once. Turned out to be an undercover cop. Just got a fine.
    Back in the day the first question you would ask is are you a cop? When she siddled up to the window that was the opening exchange.They had to identify themselves. Harcourt St corner is where they would stand and walk up and down that strip, amazing how lots of guyys frequented the laundromat but had no washing?They used to use the 7 eleven for a rest stop.
    Stories, do you want to hear about the streetwalkers along the GC Highway too and they would walk on the road.
    Ah the good ol'days.
    4FoW2

PS AFAIK due to the laws and security SW went out a long time ago in Bris, even in Kings Cross.
    Is nothing sacred?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Kangaroo Point near the Pineapple Hotel was a streetwalker haunt. Have heard there may be the odd one who floats around in that area but not certain.

I remember the laundromat in the Valley. A mate worked at the Nightowl or whatever it was back then- said he experienced many an interesting late night shift. A mate lived at New Farm just near the main strip there and if bored/drunk enough we would go up there and play pick the copper 😎

Junior Member(有D料到)
    4FoW2
    Yes more stories please! What was the quality like? Or were they mostly just drugged out looking for next hit kind??

Any idea what there rates were approx?

Have heard about the laundromat on Brunswick street lol.
    Interesting that the cops would have to identify themselves if asked, wonder if this is still the case if working undercover 🤔
    Last edited by It Hurts When IP; 16-04-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Didn’t put who I was replying to

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLC View Post
    Kangaroo Point near the Pineapple Hotel was a streetwalker haunt. Have heard there may be the odd one who floats around in that area but not certain.

I remember the laundromat in the Valley. A mate worked at the Nightowl or whatever it was back then- said he experienced many an interesting late night shift. A mate lived at New Farm just near the main strip there and if bored/drunk enough we would go up there and play pick the copper 😎
    Have seen some dodgy people floating around that area from time to time.

Wonder if any male cops ever got caught by the undercovers trying to proposition them lol.

Whoever outlawed this must have the saddest life.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by It Hurts When IP View Post
    Have seen some dodgy people floating around that area from time to time.

Wonder if any male cops ever got caught by the undercovers trying to proposition them lol.

Whoever outlawed this must have the saddest life.
    Reckon some of the crackheads who have run out of money and supplies might sometimes pop out to get some $$$.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by It Hurts When IP View Post
    4FoW2
    Yes more stories please! What was the quality like? Or were they mostly just drugged out looking for next hit kind??
    Any idea what there rates were approx?
    Have heard about the laundromat on Brunswick street lol.
    Interesting that the cops would have to identify themselves if asked, wonder if this is still the case if working undercover ��
    lol - first the questions - Quality - varied considerably, made even more difficult due to darkness. You used to drive slowly and look at girl and then park in side street where she would approach. Most were horrid, druggies. They would know a place or you would drive to New Farm Park. It was all in car stuff usully jumped in the backseat for more room. Rates - honestly can't remember. Cops identifying themselves - back then it was the law, now ?
    Stories.. countless.
    4FoW2

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    lol - first the questions - Quality - varied considerably, made even more difficult due to darkness. You used to drive slowly and look at girl and then park in side street where she would approach. Most were horrid, druggies. They would know a place or you would drive to New Farm Park. It was all in car stuff usully jumped in the backseat for more room. Rates - honestly can't remember. Cops identifying themselves - back then it was the law, now ?
    Stories.. countless.
    4FoW2
    Was there ever any quality WLs?
    I guess by the end of a long night they would be well worn in, I can’t imagine them cleaning much in between clients 🤢
    Would probably have to take your car to Carwash for a good clean after lol

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Back around 8yrs ago now, Main Street kangaroo point was pumping with hookers the southern cross motel & we’re the subway is all the way to bell st. But it would only be a hand full of crack heads doing it,sometimes the odd stripper would turn up after work but besides that just crackheads. The public housing on top of the hill is we’re they would be living let straight out of the big house & straight on the corner. Some of the girls had been doing it for over 20yrs that’s crazy to think they lasted that long. The cops cleaned it up before Covid & haven’t heard of any places we’re there gone too. Have heard there was pimps in Moorooka pimping the African girls out. Not sure if that one’s true. Would love to know we’re they are now it was always a laugh driving passed & u would see the undercover cop car sitting waiting

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by randy84 View Post
    Back around 8yrs ago now, Main Street kangaroo point was pumping with hookers the southern cross motel & we’re the subway is all the way to bell st. But it would only be a hand full of crack heads doing it,sometimes the odd stripper would turn up after work but besides that just crackheads. The public housing on top of the hill is we’re they would be living let straight out of the big house & straight on the corner. Some of the girls had been doing it for over 20yrs that’s crazy to think they lasted that long. The cops cleaned it up before Covid & haven’t heard of any places we’re there gone too. Have heard there was pimps in Moorooka pimping the African girls out. Not sure if that one’s true. Would love to know we’re they are now it was always a laugh driving passed & u would see the undercover cop car sitting waiting
    That was the motel I was thinking of in KP. I believe they have/are gutting the whole thing to revamp it and remove some of the old perceptions that it was a crack whore house.

I think that there is still the odd meth-head who will appear there. Have also heard (and may have seen but not certain) that some of the Asian ladies will make an appearance on the street still when business is slow to cast the net further than just Locanto.

Moorooka I believe that business was conducted in the street behind that main stretch of shops that leads to Wiolies.
    Last edited by RLC; 18-04-2022 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Additional info

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yeah they cleaned it up before the com games they drove them out of town. What I liked about the old days the ads were real & the girls were in there 20s on study visas. Today it’s there’s old Chinese women in there 50s to 60s trying to have a crack but have fucked it. That’s why if u want the young ones u need to find a massage shop money talks with these girls who make around $2k a day on a normal day.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah they cleaned it up before the com games they drove them out of town. What I liked about the old days the ads were real & the girls were in there 20s on study visas. Today itÂ’s thereÂ’s old Chinese women in there 50s to 60s trying to have a crack but have fucked it. ThatÂ’s why if u want the young ones u need to find a massage shop money talks with these girls who make around $2k a day on a normal day.
    50/60yo Chinese in tight miniskirts which show their gut, high heels and caked on makeup- it is still the crack vibe 😂😂😂

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yeah it’s sickening as they should be paying us. Dont get me wrong there is still some nice ones out there but every hard to find. Iv walked out on a lot & they would pretty much drop there prices & do ANYTHING for that $50 I was so turned off by then & walked out even some try to stop me by jumping in front of the door 😆 it’s sad but it’s the world we live in. In LA I seen on prime tv the street at night are full of African American & dammm should see the bootys 😆 smoking sexy need some of them here

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah it’s sickening as they should be paying us. Dont get me wrong there is still some nice ones out there but every hard to find. Iv walked out on a lot & they would pretty much drop there prices & do ANYTHING for that $50 I was so turned off by then & walked out even some try to stop me by jumping in front of the door 😆 it’s sad but it’s the world we live in. In LA I seen on prime tv the street at night are full of African American & dammm should see the bootys 😆 smoking sexy need some of them here
    That, or they yell and scream at you for wasting their time which is quite ironic considering their time would not have been wasted if they/their pimps were honest.

Sydney scene is dead for streetwalkers too. Odd one still lurks around Surry Hills but most of the older Asians seem to have gravitated to the hotel lobbies. Ran in to one who was ok that I talked down to $80 for anal a few weeks ago.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I would travel to Sydney on business years ago. And I loved the atmosphere walking up William St towards The Cross. Scantily dressed girls on every corner. Swimsuits in the middle of winter. A shame we've lost that.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by harry444 View Post
    I would travel to Sydney on business years ago. And I loved the atmosphere walking up William St towards The Cross. Scantily dressed girls on every corner. Swimsuits in the middle of winter. A shame we've lost that.
    None of that now. The closest you get is the hotels and minidress at best.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Along Brunswick st on corners of Arthur, Kent, Harcourt lol damn anyone that knows this must getting on a bit of age. From memory, the quality was bad, plus size, ugly, and junkies (you had to pick 2 or more of the traits). With the internet, my view is that Cracker replace the streets, and now locanto replaced Cracker.
    I always inaccurately describe the times and dates of my visits

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by blake_ly View Post
    Along Brunswick st on corners of Arthur, Kent, Harcourt lol damn anyone that knows this must getting on a bit of age. From memory, the quality was bad, plus size, ugly, and junkies (you had to pick 2 or more of the traits). With the internet, my view is that Cracker replace the streets, and now locanto replaced Cracker.
    Majority of them were as you described. I remember the horror of me and others when a mate of ours insisted in dragging us to meet the one toothed whore he picked up the week before as she gave the best feeling bj. Needless to say he went again while rest of us politely declined. She was clearly ravaged by the drugs which was a shame as without them she would have scrubbed up well.

The best bet for something not out of Tales from the Crypt was early morning Saturday or Sunday when as others have indicated, a stripper who had a bad night or random who had too good a night and blew all their money or lost their handbag and needed a cab fare might appear but this was very very rare- for me twice in like 5 years.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    "Back in the day the first question you would ask is are you a cop? When she siddled up to the window that was the opening exchange.They had to identify themselves. "

The forum pseudointellectual is at it again. This is an old myth and has long been confirmed as false.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast