Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Street workers

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    At the end of the day,I don’t think the street walker in Brisbane is still around . As for Moorooka I dont think the pimps are pimpin the girls out

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    "up until the point they actually reveal themselves as police and attempt an actual arrest they are not utelising police powers"
    "how could they be using police powers if they are undercover and pretending to not be police?"

So if a police officer is conducting an undercover operation he is not really a police officer with no police powers, until they reveal themselves.

Classic!
    Dude, you've seriously lost the plot now. That made absolutely no sense what so ever. An undercover officer would reveal their identity as a police officer any time they attempted to utelise their police powers. And conversely as RLP stated they would not be taken seriously trying to use their police powers unless they revealed their identity.

Case in point, if a homeless guy issues you with a police order you would ignore him. But if the same homeless guy pulled out a badge and identified himself as a cop you would act accordingly.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Parse error: syntax error (T_STRING), user id 'NULL'

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    A bit of light reading .......

In Queensland a policeman can pose as a client, try to entrap sex workers, and have immunity against prosecution to conduct illegal activities because they are covered by the legislation in the PROSTITUTION ACT 1999 - SECT 75
    (1) A police officer does not commit an offence against section 73 (1) if the soliciting is done under an authority given under the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000.
    (2) However, a person other than a police officer commits an offence against section 73 (1) if the person publicly solicits the police officer.

BUT..............if you read the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act

"The police officer must, as soon as reasonably practicable,
    inform the person the subject of the power of the following—
    (a) if the police officer is not in uniform—
    (i) that he or she is a police officer; and
    (ii) his or her name, rank and station;
    (b) if the police officer is in uniform—his or her name, rank
    and station.
    (3) If the police officer is not in uniform, the police officer must
    also produce for inspection his or her identity card."

"up until the point they actually reveal themselves as police and attempt an actual arrest they are not utelising police powers" Wrong - The Act gives them the power to perform these operations without fear of prosecution. There is no point of reveal - they are always acting with police powers.
    and "how could they be using police powers if they are undercover and pretending to not be police?" Wrong - see above
    "Police are only require to identify themselves when they are attempting to use their police powers, not at the whim of some dimwit like yourself." Wrong- see legislation
    "The forum pseudointellectual is at it again. This is an old myth and has long been confirmed as false." Wrong - see legislation.

It started off me just telling a story about old days - just reminiscing - and then the abuse started.
    4FoW2

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Oh sir, people were only pointing out that it wasn't necessary to ask if the person was a police officer as they don't need to answer that question truthfully. That was the myth! Oh you take things too personally sir. I do worry. Your story was riveting sir! Please don't take things the wrong way, I guess this is what happens in the rooms sir. The dark voice enters your mind and suddenly you believe everyones your enemy! Does this sound familiar sir?

Anyway lets enjoy our punting!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Any abuse you receive is well deserved, because you're a fucking moron!!! You're quoting rules and regulations for plain clothes police and trying to apply it to undercover operatives. If you put your hand up and accepted you were wrong none of this would be an issue. But instead you go from failed attempt to failed attempt, trying to explain why your stupidity isn't just that.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by RottenLittlePunt View Post
    Any abuse you receive is well deserved, because you're a fucking moron!!! You're quoting rules and regulations for plain clothes police and trying to apply it to undercover operatives. If you put your hand up and accepted you were wrong none of this would be an issue. But instead you go from failed attempt to failed attempt, trying to explain why your stupidity isn't just that.
    How about you chill out. Both of you are as bad as each other. Neither of you are Solicitors and Bush Lawyers usually know SFA.

Sent from my BAH3-L09 using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    4Fow2, you need to read the actual legislation rather than just try and cherry pick parts of it that you believe suit your view.

You quoted S.637 of the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act, which is found in Chapter 20 of that act. If you took the time to read it you would see the following;

"CHAPTER 20 - OTHER STANDARD SAFEGUARDS
    PART 1 - PRELIMINARY
    620 Chapter does not apply to covert operations"

No amount of you repeating yourself, or claiming others are just being abusive towards you, or your thinly veiled attempts at acting aloof to overcompensate for your own shortcomings will hide the fact that you are simply ignorant about this matter.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Oh sir, if the law is so nuanced, learned and elitist and we are all dumb mindless morons. Then how can anyone be charged for anything! You're the good elitist gatekeeper sir! The rest of us are beneath you. Oh poor us. I will use this defence on my next parking ticket and cite your passages!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Struth! Sounds like a shit show. What were they trying to achieve other than wasting the courts time.
    Ridiculous that something as minor as that could affect your job opportunities in the future.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlco777 View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE !!!

tell you what !!??!! i was one of the other 5. everything you said, i felt. i couldn't even eat properly all the way to the court date. at that time, i live in units, and every little sound at the door, i thought the cops were back to ask me more questions. it was a bloody nightmare. also, for the other people who were arguing and reading this, at that time, i asked the girl if she was an undercover cop. and she said no. and when the cop was writing me the court summons, i told them that i had asked the girl and that she had said she isn't a cop. the copper had the nerve to ask me, do you have a recording of the question that you asked the girl ?

on the day of the court appearance, i told the lawyer appointed to me, that it was entrapment. he told me it was difficult to prove, and if i used that as an excuse, and if i was found guilty anyway, they would record that incident as a conviction against me. the lawyer asked me if i still wanted to go ahead with the entrapment defence but strongly advised against it. my fine was $ 350
    Struth! Sounds like a shit show. What were they trying to achieve other than wasting the courts time.
    Ridiculous that something as minor as that could affect your job opportunities in the future.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Wink

Street walkers at Kangaroo Point are a rare event now. I did see a few during Jan-Feb 2022.

I have seen African women in Moorooka that seemed to be street walkers.. circa 2017. I didn't stop to ask, was too scared.

Police STILL do 'dress-up' as street walkers, and entrap Johns around Kangaroo Point.. and charge them with publicly soliciting.

When I see them, I try and pull up and make comments about their choice of attire. "That dress is WAY too tight for you honey!" WHY? because you can.

Once I followed these dress-up cops, and found they have a house, Bromley Street from memory, where they do wardrobe (and possibly coordinate their efforts).

Lesson learnt: if you see a street walker in Kangaroo Point, who does NOT look like a meth addict, it's >90% chance they are cops.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    With all the shops around why would you bother with SW?
    Oldies will rmember the Miami strip whereby SW would walk up and down the GC Highway plying their trade.
    Those days are long gone.
    4FoW2

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I would think vendors would change with times and find it more efficient to zip up and down Main Street on one of those stoopid-ass scooters...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Cops have never and never will have yo identify themselves while working undercover in that sort of role.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Cops have never and never will have yo identify themselves while working undercover in that sort of role.
    Ohh and I actually am a solicitor

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    You can tell alot about a person's level of education by the way they write, the words and phrases they use and the way they construct sentences.
    4FoW2

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Who doesn't like an Oxford comma, and correct punctuation?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i think the correct spelling is solisittor

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Comment withdrawn. Sorry about that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast