Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DayUse Hotel Review

DayUse Hotel Review

Hi bros,
    Been using dayuse.com to meet up with FWB and WL recently, putting those information to help any bro who wants to do the same.

Veriu Green Square, $110 10am to 3pm. Very clean room, good size, easy to check in and free parking around the corner. Note, you will require key to get up the lift.

Veriu Central, $85 9am to 5pm. Cheapest hotel near CBD, room is tiny! Cleanest is ok, not the best. Require key to use lift Parked Goulburn Street secure early bird. Due to the size, may not book again.

Mercure Syd, $130 (firday) 10am to 4pm. Decent sized room, shower head is soft. Hard to find parking, got a nice pool. If you are using public transport, this is a good pick!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by RNT4LIFE View Post
    Hi bros,
    Been using dayuse.com to meet up with FWB and WL recently, putting those information to help any bro who wants to do the same.

Veriu Green Square, $110 10am to 3pm. Very clean room, good size, easy to check in and free parking around the corner. Note, you will require key to get up the lift.

Veriu Central, $85 9am to 5pm. Cheapest hotel near CBD, room is tiny! Cleanest is ok, not the best. Require key to use lift Parked Goulburn Street secure early bird. Due to the size, may not book again.

Mercure Syd, $130 (firday) 10am to 4pm. Decent sized room, shower head is soft. Hard to find parking, got a nice pool. If you are using public transport, this is a good pick!
    Thanks for sharing - useful info.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hi bros,

Thanks brother, this is very useful, I was just try to plan something and got to this point.

Hi bros,

Good intels, thanks for sharing.

Just a thought , you booked directly with the hotel or via the website dayuse.com ?

Do you need to show photo ID on check in at the hotel ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I assume once the rooms are booked/secured online, you can pay cash on arrival yeah?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Good intels, thanks for sharing.

Just a thought , you booked directly with the hotel or via the website dayuse.com ?

Do you need to show photo ID on check in at the hotel ?
    You booked directly through dayuse website. Majority of the hotels u pay them cash directly when checking in, but some will asked for CC for a deposit but some will take cash as a deposit. The crown plaza darling habour takes cash as a deposit. I used that hotel every time I meet my SB.

Yes U Need to show thm a photo ID for checking in.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I used the Swissotel on market st, 180 day use beautiful lux room bedding and shower, king bed. They, as most hotels require a cc imprint for incidentals.
    Fuck all day like a king in luxury

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I would want to add whether there is contactless checkout or not. Some require you to hand the key back to the reception instead of having a dropbox.
    Last edited by vt4444; 11-05-2022 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Typo

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    There is a homeless guy on Belmore Park near Central Station who will rent you his tent for a quick fuck with a girl you pick up.
    He is a nice guy and will even give you and your female companion a swig of his McWilliams Port bottle if you ask nicely - its room service with a toothless smile - very classy.

I've used Radisson Blu on O'Connell and Mantra on Bond. Both are very good options. Mantra has kitchen and service apartment rooms so your SB can even cook for you as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiestones View Post
    I assume once the rooms are booked/secured online, you can pay cash on arrival yeah?
    Majority booking sites will charge your credit card on the spot for payment . And if they don’t , by the time the booking reaches the hotel , the hotel will charge it straight away.

Cheers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Majority booking sites will charge your credit card on the spot for payment . And if they don’t , by the time the booking reaches the hotel , the hotel will charge it straight away.

Cheers
    The day use site does not charge your cc!

Hotels charge your cc when you check out and give you the option of how you want to settle. So you can pay cash on check out.
    Hotels do take a preauthorisations on your card which is not a charge just a hold which drops off if you decide to pay cash on check out.

If you guys are nervous to use your cc get a cc through Aust post website and use it for pre authorisations.
    You also have the option at most hotels to pay a security deposit instead of the pre auth which is the room rate and usually an additional 200 upfront

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogeryou View Post

Hotels charge your cc when you check out and give you the option of how you want to settle. So you can pay cash on check out.
    Hotels do take a preauthorisations on your card which is not a charge just a hold which drops off if you decide to pay cash on check out.

If you guys are nervous to use your cc get a cc through Aust post website and use it for pre authorisations.
    You also have the option at most hotels to pay a security deposit instead of the pre auth which is the room rate and usually an additional 200 upfront
    Thanks for the clarification Rogeryou. You answered my curiosity about them accepting prepaid CCs like the ones from Austpost (I recall BennyB first mentioning it in the SB threads).

Most of us will probably opt for cash payments but also reassuring to know prepaid CC are also another option to avoid traceability.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogeryou View Post

There are currently about 15 hotels listed on DayUse. Just one of them requires a "pre-payment of $5", others are "payment at the hotel".

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    There are currently about 15 hotels listed on DayUse. Just one of them requires a "pre-payment of $5", others are "payment at the hotel".
    It’s also worth noting most hotels on weekdays do day use rooms. You can do a walk in or call to get a decent rate. The work around is the cash despots or the Aus post cc card BUT I don’t think you can get prepaid cards anymore. I got one through Oz post has my name on it but not linked to any of my accounts. I use it for the pre auth
    The pre auth on your card is not a perm record on your net bank.

I do lots of good lunches, some in 5 star hotels, you can always explain it as their error that 150
    Was a lunch not a hotel stay

Prepaid cc are also available at Woolies and Officeworks. It is called "only 1 visa gift card".
    Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have used dayuse twice. Both times the booking wasn't in the system when I arrived at the hotel but they booked me in on the spot at the dayuse price so it was all fine.

Once was at Veriu Green Square and once was at the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Perhaps using the room for "work purposes" is a bit different to taking a girl in to mess up the bed and bathroom?

Day Use advertising certainly suggests the latter is encouraged.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    kind of a pointless expense just renting a room for half a day, when you can find great hotel deals for the night for just a little extra, also you can look at airbnbs,

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Funandfun View Post
    Prepaid cc are also available at Woolies and Officeworks. It is called "only 1 visa gift card".
    Cheers
    These would be Debit Cards, not Credit Cards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast