Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Scomo

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    For me the positives are KK got done and interest rates will rise quicker.

Banned

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The problem Albo now faces is that to get his policies into legislation he has to get the co-operation of the greens and/or the independents so the back room dealing will be a constant thorn in his side. He'd probably be better dealing with the teal independents as at the moment they seem a bit better than the looney left greens.

The big problem for the libs is that they've lost a lot of the moderates in this election so naturally they'll move further to the right. Liberal head office has to start today to pick new LOCAL candidates and get them working the hustings every day until the next election if they have any chance at all at the next election.

They're making the GG earn his pay as he has to swear in Albo, Penny Wong and the Deputy PM today as he and Penny have to leave for the AUCUS meeting tomorrow and you have to be officially sworn in to represent or lead the country.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Australia needed the change, after dealing with a weak narrow-minded government, that allowed the states to imprission and criminalise unvaccinated people standing up for their rights,
    i hope they start criminal investigations into the amount of corruption that took place during this time, Especially into the Politicians that took kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies for imposing mandates that raised stock prices,
    Gladis we all know Optus is paying your kickback under the table from the Singapore Government who heavily invested into Pfizer BioNTech

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Albo reminds me of Mr Haney from Green Acres. I think he will be a failure with the dopes he has on the front bench. The trouble now is that we don't have a strong opposition. It will be a rocky road ahead, I am glad that I am set up well.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    So what specific policies did we all vote for that are going to set us up for success as a society over the next decade and more?
    For me, it was more about what I did Not vote for. I did not vote for a Gov whose only strategy for tackling the housing crisis was to let you use your own future money to pay for a house, the price of which will certainly rise by the same amount. It will, you don’t need to be a genius to figure it out. Take a look at what happened to property prices when SMSFs were allowed to purchase investment properties.

That’s got to be the most amazingly stupid idea I’ve ever heard. Fix a demand and supply issue, by increasing the demand!

Would have made very little difference to the housing market as superannuation balances are so low in the first home owner home bracket and rules around access and return would end up meaning very few could use it and house prices wouldn’t catch a sneeze from it.

But anyway - still curious to know if, as voters, we are clear on what specific policies we voted for and how they are going to make a difference.
    I disagree. For one thing, the fact that they could propose such a solution tells me that their general approach to fixing the problem is to throw more money at it. This time it’s the super, next it could be some other source of funding. Salary sacrifice? Increase the super limit to tap into? The population will end up being enslaved to the banks, with ever growing mortgage debts that would never be paid off.

The other thing is you might think 50k was a small amount compared to the price of property, but that’s the amount people can use for only the deposit, not the full price. That means the impact of adding that 50k is almost certainly not going to be just an increase of 50k on the full price of the property, it could be a lot more than that depending on borrowing capacity, etc.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I agree it’s a bullshit solution.

But what do you think of the labor solution and the comparative impact?
    Labor's solution would have exactly the same impact on prices. Plus there will be more pressure on housing when they increase immigration.

I agree it’s a bullshit solution.

But what do you think of the labor solution and the comparative impact?
    Labour doesn’t even have a solution, ROFL. That idea where the Gov will take on a percentage of the debt will never be implemented. Too radical an idea with no technical framework to support it. How is it going to be implemented? A government bond type of thing, or are the banks going to need to put a process in place where the Gov is somehow one of the borrowers in a mortgage? How does the debt get paid off, in what sequence, government portion first?

So my opinion is their solution is a non-solution. The property market will continue as market forces dictate. Like I said, they were simply the lesser of two evils.

Before the election Dai Le said that "win or lose I'm staying in Fowler beyond the election" and asked whether Kristina would too. "Yes, of course" Kristina claimed. Mind you, she had already covered her bases by renting a short term lease. I'm thinking that instead of enduring the flambeau of a western Sydney summer she is going to long very quickly for the cool breezes of Scotland Island to once again kiss her cheeks...

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Dai is a true local, went to Cabra high, deputy mayor of Fairfield, KK is an entitled fly-in with NOTHING in common with the constituents. It was a ridiculous plan from the outset. Labor thought it couldn't lose.

Have met Dai on a couple occasions, she's a brilliant and admirable lady. Well deserved win for her.

Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Dai is a true local, went to Cabra high, deputy mayor of Fairfield, KK is an entitled fly-in with NOTHING in common with the constituents. It was a ridiculous plan from the outset. Labor thought it couldn't lose.
    Mate, KK woulda stuck out like a sore thumb at Cabra. Seriously, she might as well have said her GPS malfunctioned that’s why she was there!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Mate, KK woulda stuck out like a sore thumb at Cabra. Seriously, she might as well have said her GPS malfunctioned that’s why she was there!
    Haha correct. I'm just trying to imagine KK walking doqn John St, then through one of the arcades, stopping at a fruit and veg shop, trying some durian...

Haha correct. I'm just trying to imagine KK walking doqn John St, then through one of the arcades, stopping at a fruit and veg shop, trying some durian...
    Durian! She will spit it out and call an ambulance thinking that someone had tried to poison her, lol!

Just in: Labour have secured a majority Gov. Hooray, at least they will have some consistency! Good or bad, it’s all up to them now.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Just in: Labour have secured a majority Gov. Hooray, at least they will have some consistency! Good or bad, it’s all up to them now.
    Correct, good or bad it's all on them.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    That’s a good result.
    I like the Greens and most of the Independents but a majority government is best for the country.
    Getting agreement from the cross benches on everything is a nightmare.
    It’s enough that the small parties and independents have the balance of power in the Senate.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I could have told them putting a non local American in Cabramatta was not a good idea..

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That's the problem with labour, they think they can do anything they want in a "safe" seat. So good to see the locals hitting back.

Good to see KK out of government too, she was one of the three who was accused of bullying a fellow female senator before she passed away and albo was too gutless to recommend an enquiry.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast