Thread: Accommodation near sydney

Senior Member(無間使者)

Accommodation near sydney

Hi

The landlord of the unit i am renting has put the rent up because the interest rates are going up. This will take money away from my punting. Would anyone know of an area not to far from the city with rental if $350 per week maximum.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Facebook market, Realestate, Flatmate, etc still not good enough for you to find info?
    “How many times can the same thing break your heart?”
    As long as you love it

Quote Originally Posted by spir55 View Post
    Hi

The landlord of the unit i am renting has put the rent up because the interest rates are going up. This will take money away from my punting. Would anyone know of an area not to far from the city with rental if $350 per week maximum.
    You can't get anything independent in that budget. However, number of options in shared accommodations. If it is an increase of 20 -25 dollars then negotiate with him.
    Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hi Benny,
    Interestingly, things are a bit different up here at the northern end of the Central Coast.
    I have 4 rentals up here, one of them recently leased to new tenants. The agent was holding open homes and it actually became a bidding war between tenants.
    I chose the tenants not on their ability to pay the highest amount offered, but on their history and references.
    This property is a 10 yr old 4 bed double garage on a 550 sqmtr block in Kanwal.
    This one leased for $675 pw.
    All 4 of my properties are renting for between $540 & $675.
    The 2 cheaper ones are villas, the 2 houses are similar age etc.
    Having said that, one of the houses I bought in 2018 for $615,000, comparable hoses in the same street are now selling for $900,000 - $1mil+
    The market north of Sydney is going crazy, there is some levelling of the market at the moment for sales however rentals are ridiculous.
    Interesting days

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Interesting - as a landlord myself I’ve got a property manager pushing back on me putting rent up just because of cost pressures. As a landlord I still have to demonstrate that the increase I want is in line with market rent.

Assuming your current rent is way under for where you are living?
    That doesn't sound like a property manager at all lol. They are inherently evil and will do everything in their power to fuck with tenants. At the end of your lease they'll make any excuse to take all your bond.

I think you need to find a new property manager Benny. Yours aren't evil enough.

Depending on what landlord prefer, good tenants or better money?

The rental market is very fluctuated at this moment. One of my friend just got offer from his landlord to stay the same rate while his rent is already below 2 years ago. He never called for any repair and always pay on time during his tenancy. The landlord reduced his rent appro. 15% during Covid time without asking.

But last month my one property was rent out within 3 days with $200+ more than I initially expected. That’s after I declined the highest offer from a family who has no proper reference from previous landlord. So a good rental history is the key to get better deal.

If you have been a good tenant all the time, try to negotiate with current landlord while you’re looking for the new place. Remember landlord has to pay the agent to get new tenant in and the vacancy cost money as well.