Thread: Cycling to the shops

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Cycling to the shops

This is for my cyclists out there.

I’ve gained a new found appreciation for the cycling high and I must tell you… the sensation is almost as good as orgasm after a great deal of edging. I envision the meaning of life to entail a nice moderate-intense cycling session chased by a good punt, a leisurely ride whistling and smelling the flowers and dropping by the cafe on the way home.

Anyways, my question is whether any of you know of shops that are bike friendly for customers i.e., good security, good proximity to bike racks/storage, offer water refills, and good proximity to cafes.

Also thoughts on shops installing bike racks for customers who will eventually embrace this new way of life?

-towelsniffer

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I doubt it.
    Sydney is not Amsterdam.
    Not a bike-friendly city.
    However, that is changing.

By the way, what do you mean cycling high?
    You cycle after blazing up a doobie?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    The girls love sweaty smelly guys in Lycra

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The girls love sweaty smelly guys in Lycra
    Yeah... never really understood why chicks drool when they see dudes in sweaty lycras.

F405D742-9B8A-436A-A7C3-ED7A9C95CB5B.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Yeah... never really understood why chicks drool when they see dudes in sweaty lycras.

F405D742-9B8A-436A-A7C3-ED7A9C95CB5B.jpg
    Hairless legs and they can tell the actual size of the guy's shlong.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Mopeds are probably better for punting. Easy to park, and you can scoot off away from the scene with relative ease.
    Helmet means its harder for people to recognize you.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) Aussieguyinsf's Avatar
    Used to cycle to shops in California. mamasan happy to let me park my bike in the the lobby while I had my rub and tug. I notice that No 5 backs into a cycling trail.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    110 Victoria Rd Drummoyne is just off the Bay run/ Ride around Iron Cove. Harris Farm cafe is nearby as is Birkenhead point shopping centre. Ticks all your boxes I reckon! There’s at least two other massage shops further up the road too!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by towelsniffer View Post
    Anyways, my question is whether any of you know of shops that are bike friendly for customers i.e., good security, good proximity to bike racks/storage, offer water refills, and good proximity to cafes.

Also thoughts on shops installing bike racks for customers who will eventually embrace this new way of life?

-towelsniffer
    I've done this quite a few times and has been my new thing to do for the past year or so. Combines two fun things and uses time well, so why not? Cruise along nice and easy to the shop and park either at a railway bike shed at a train station where you need at Opal card to gain access to the shed or a car park. Give a bit of free security. Here is the list.

https://appln.transport.nsw.gov.au/b...eParking.xhtml

Try not to get there too sweaty unless the shop has showers then you have options. Also don't burn your energy with fast run in Give yourself some time to relax and cool down while you lock up and before you go in. It is great to have a massage mid ride too. Most shops aren't too well lit and I don't think anyone really cares as long as you have some $$$. I wouldn't bother to ask a shop to mind my bike.

I wear normal looking MTB shy shorts, a plain looking shirt and touring or MTB shoes to avoid looking too wierd. A 30 minute booking is plenty. You can always park in a car park bike rack or at a busy station. I take an older bike that won't gather interest has a few theft proof fittings and quality lock. It is almost worth getting a real dunger $30 bike just for these very special rides. I visit shops near Liverpool and Cabramatta Stations which are about a 30-40 minute slow for me without any issues yet.

do you get tired before you get to the destination?