Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interest rate rises and punting

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by juscruisin58 View Post
    You saw that on YouTube, so it must be true.
    Obviously written by a millennial.
    And Boomers had many disadvantages as well, these are just conveniently not spoken about.
    Correct I'm a millennial and your response obviously means you're a boomer. Just waiting patiently for that wealth transfer when you guys finally cark it. Interested in seeing how wealthy millennials would differ from boomers.

All power to you guys. I think there might be some confusion. Me linking that YouTube video doesn't mean I'm salty about all your wealth cause I mean it'll all go to us anyways and for a lot of boomers they're about at the end of their lifespans.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Correct I'm a millennial and your response obviously means you're a boomer. Just waiting patiently for that wealth transfer when you guys finally cark it. Interested in seeing how wealthy millennials would differ from boomers.

All power to you guys. I think there might be some confusion. Me linking that YouTube video doesn't mean I'm salty about all your wealth cause I mean it'll all go to us anyways and for a lot of boomers they're about at the end of their lifespans.
    Yes, your response shows you are a millennial without having to verbalise that point.
    You read what you wanted and missed my point completely.

The Boomers had a lot of disadvantages compared to current generations.

And NO I'm not a boomer, I'm actually Gen X, the generation responsible for you self centered, self entitled millennials

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Yes, your response shows you are a millennial without having to verbalise that point.
    You read what you wanted and missed my point completely.

The Boomers had a lot of disadvantages compared to current generations.

And NO I'm not a boomer, I'm actually Gen X, the generation responsible for you self centered, self entitled millennials
    My golly, jiminy crickets thanka a bunch for giuving us yungins life.

Has Violet added herself to the will yet? Might be a bit soon cause you still got some life in ya old man.

Banned
    Hoping interest rates keep on rising.
    I have no debt and have a substantial Investment Portfolio.
    Definitely cutting down punting to minimum in the present economic climate with pandemic, Ukraine war, interest rate hike, inflation, recession etc.

I don't own a car, don't travel, don't drink, smoke or gamble. I used to be able to save part of my earnings.

Punting is my biggest expenses. If I punt recklessly I would not be able retire comfortably.

By punting I only make mamasans and MLs richer. And myself poorer. They are driving expensive cars and live in expensive apartments.

Increasingly I start to realize punting is for the wealthy class of people and not for people like me who have to sweat for every dollar I earn.

Having being poor I know the value of money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    When shops start to bump up prices, guys need to consider whether they should pay the higher price or look for other alternatives if they want to continue their punting.
    "Other alternatives" such as converting regular ML to girlfriend for free sex?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    "Other alternatives" such as converting regular ML to girlfriend for free sex?
    A good idea but it may cost you more than what you end up paying in the shop. I guess it depends on the girl. How about trying other shops or finding a steady girlfriend?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm a boomer and if you were born in '58 then so are you juscruisin
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    I'm a boomer and if you were born in '58 then so are you juscruisin
    I'm 56 my friend, born in '66.
    My forum name is the name of a 58' yacht I used to own

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    My bad...I assumed you were born in '58
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Has Violet added herself to the will yet? Might be a bit soon cause you still got some life in ya old man.
    You don't need to worry your little brain about Violet.
    She will be well looked after when I go.
    That is all legally covered to protect her.

Banned
    You don't need to worry your little brain about Violet.
    She will be well looked after when I go.
    That is all legally covered to protect her.
    While many here believe you are a kind and generous soul and Violet has many good qualities in her without doubt you are every sugarbaby's dream sugardaddy.

I was in seeking.com for a short while. I got out as quick as I went in. Every girl I met there was after one thing blink blink $ $. I wasn't there to splash my hard-earned cash or to find an expensive hole to stick my little brother into.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Cool it bros. Let’s just call it for what it is. Some of us are beneficiaries of corrupt/inept/shortsighted governments, some of us are not.

In regards to juscruisin, yeah your 50+, shacked up with a 20+ hottie, set for life with your IPs, no mention of kids or family, no care in the world. What does that tell us? You don’t give a shit about future generations. So I don’t think you’re a good candidate to say anything about what’s right or wrong. You came, you looted, you plundered, off you go, matey, on your jolly old way. Well done to you.

For the rest of us, there is a reckoning at hand for all the years of complacency by the government. All those years of being a “lucky country” are going to catch up. They’ve already started going back on their green initiatives… fire up those old coal power generators I say!

It can go anywhere from here. You think you’re a beneficiary? Maybe you’re holding the bag instead?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You guys make me laugh, you can't stay on topic at all.
    I give my opinion on a thread about interest rates and Meng has to bring my girl into it. The sugarbabe thread is elsewhere.
    Maybe he is jealous of her.
    Goldfishman, just for your education, I have 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren, so yes I do have an interest in their future.
    My daughters saw what I went thru with their mother, and their mother carries that on by trying to manipulate them.
    My daughters and Violet get on like a house on fire, my daughters are happy I am happy.
    And yes Meng was correct in that there will be a significant passing of wealth to my daughters and Violet when I pass.
    I worked bloody hard for what I have earned, and took significant risk, I really take offence to the likes of Meng who is obviously jealous and obviously doesn't have the acumen to do that for himself and his family.
    Dont assume I have no cares in the world, I have a sibling who battles a life ending neurological disorder who was diagnosed at age 28 and is now 48 and has about 2 years to go at best.
    Don't ever think I dont give a shit about future generations, If I didnt, I'd blow all my cash rather than giving to the kids and Violet, I wouldn't provide the capitol so my kids can have green houses, I wouldn't fund the grand kids private schooling.
    You know absolutely nothing about me and what I face in life and what I represent and care about.
    Pull your head in you self entitled prick.

Banned
    It was 18-19% under Keating and people still survived paying mortgages.
    Comparative debt to income burden was not as high.

Serviceability at 7% in current conditions is the equivalent of what it was in the previous peak

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I give my opinion on a thread about interest rates and Meng has to bring my girl into it. The sugarbabe thread is elsewhere.
    Goldfishman, just for your education, I have 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren, so yes I do have an interest in their future.
    My daughters saw what I went thru with their mother, and their mother carries that on by trying to manipulate them.
    My daughters and Violet get on like a house on fire, my daughters are happy I am happy.
    And yes Meng was correct in that there will be a significant passing of wealth to my daughters and Violet when I pass.
    I worked bloody hard for what I have earned, and took significant risk, I really take offence to the likes of Meng who is obviously jealous and obviously doesn't have the acumen to do that for himself and his family.
    Dont assume I have no cares in the world, I have a sibling who battles a life ending neurological disorder who was diagnosed at age 28 and is now 48 and has about 2 years to go at best.
    Don't ever think I dont give a shit about future generations, If I didnt, I'd blow all my cash rather than giving to the kids and Violet, I wouldn't provide the capitol so my kids can have green houses, I wouldn't fund the grand kids private schooling.
    You know absolutely nothing about me and what I face in life and what I represent and care about.
    What sort of reaction were you expecting coming on to a sex forum bragging about how you've made it with all your IPs, at a time when the utmost topic on the minds of just about every young person in the country is how they're going to afford to keep a roof over their heads?

What exactly were you expecting?

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Too long to read. You know us millennials and our attention span.

You still punting or have you stopped? If you've stopped punting then what are you still doing on here? Your girl had the right idea by getting off the forum. She did diagnose all of us as narcissistic sociopaths lol.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    What sort of reaction were you expecting coming on to a sex forum bragging about how you've made it with all your IPs, at a time when the utmost topic on the minds of just about every young person in the country is how they're going to afford to keep a roof over their heads?

What exactly were you expecting?
    You think you have it bad now?????
    I hope like christ you dont experience the 18% mortgage rates I experienced as a 24 yr old, with a new born child working as an interstate truck driver.
    Basically didnt see my wife or first born child forn12 months whilst trying to keep the roof over our head.

If you young one think these interest rate rises that are happening now will cause pain,,,,, hope and pray, plead, whinge, wring your hands and jup up and down, that they don't get to 10% or god forbid over, otherwise you lot will really have a real cause to have a sooky lala.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Too long to read. You know us millennials and our attention span.

You still punting or have you stopped? If you've stopped punting then what are you still doing on here? Your girl had the right idea by getting off the forum. She did diagnose all of us as narcissistic sociopaths lol.
    Shes sitting right beside me reading your rubbish and laughing.
    What an I doing on here? Laughing at a lot of you who have really no idea. That's what.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    You think you have it bad now?????
    I hope like christ you dont experience the 18% mortgage rates I experienced as a 24 yr old, with a new born child working as an interstate truck driver.
    Basically didnt see my wife or first born child forn12 months whilst trying to keep the roof over our head.

If you young one think these interest rate rises that are happening now will cause pain,,,,, hope and pray, plead, whinge, wring your hands and jup up and down, that they don't get to 10% or god forbid over, otherwise you lot will really have a real cause to have a sooky lala.
    I mean 18% as a number by itself doesn't mean much. What was your interest in $? What was your principle in $? and importantly what was the take home $ you received to "keep a roof over our head" as an interstate truck driver?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It was 18-19% under Keating and people still survived paying mortgages.
    I am 65 and remember those rates all too well, but the size of the mortgage compared to annual income was far more manageable then with todays generation. Go back even further to my parents time and if you had a humble trade (not a business ) your wife did not work, a paid off your house and even had a holiday home up or down the coast. I feel sorry for today's younger people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast